spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Beware of Papa Johns if you smoke cannabis!

Pizza delivery guy calls cops on customer who smoked marijuana

AURORA - A man says he got much more than a large pizza when he called Papa John's for delivery - he got a visit from Aurora Police.

The man was smoking medical marijuana just before the pizza arrived on Friday evening. The delivery driver smelled the marijuana and called the cops. The Papa John's employee, who was not identified, was concerned because the customer's 9-year-old daughter was in the house.

Officers performed a child welfare check and left without filing any charges.

The man who ordered the pizza, Frederick Smith, contacted 9NEWS because he says he was targeted for doing something that's perfectly legal in Colorado.

"I wanted to be able to use medical marijuana and not feel harassed," Smith said.

Smith has a medical marijuana card. He says a doctor prescribed the drug for chronic pain he suffered in a bicycle accident.

"It is daily pain relief for me. I smoked some medical marijuana to relieve by knee pain," Smith said.

Smith says his 9-year-old-daughter was in the bathroom and insists he never uses the drug in front of her.

After smoking a bowl, Smith ordered a pizza from Papa John's. Their meal was interrupted minutes later by what he describes as "a very loud banging" at the door. It was Aurora police.

"A pizza guy had actually called in the complaint," Smith said.

The delivery man said there was a strong smell of marijuana and a young child in the house.

"I was definitely not smoking marijuana in front of my children, which is what he said he saw," Smith said.

Smith says Aurora Police searched the house and left. He called Papa John's to complain and also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Smith says Papa John's never even apologized.

"I'm going to try and bring a case of slander against them," Smith said.

9NEWS Legal Analyst Scott Robinson says the pizza company is not liable because the driver actions are not part of his job description.

"I can understand his outrage but he's not going to get anywhere trying to sue Papa John's," Robinson said.

Robinson says, even though medical marijuana is legal in Colorado, people who smoke it are still breaking federal law. Robinson says a jury would likely find that the Papa John's employee was justified in calling the police.

"He was acting as a private citizen in notifying the authorities. Anyone who calls the police is almost surely immune from any lawsuit," Robinson said.

Papa John's representatives and the delivery driver declined to speak on camera to 9NEWS. They did send the following statement:

"Papa John's of Colorado wants to stand behind the decision that this delivery driver made. He was acting as a concerned citizen and for what he believes was the best interests of our community."

Smith insists what happened to him was wrong.

"I was astounded that a pizza driver of all people would be the person to start trouble about medical marijuana. This is no laughing matter. What he did was serious," Smith said.

(KUSA-TV © 2011 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

http://www.9news.com/news/article/22...ked-marijuana-

(Video on site)

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats what you get for being a shitty tipper

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I vaporize so its all good... Weak for that guy I ordered many a pizza baked some SBR Store pizzas too I wish my delivery dude would call the elroys on me

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Puff

teaserpleaser

I actually tipped a gram of purple urkel to a pj delivery kid once ... What kind of uptight jerkoff works pizza delivery? Most are burned out 30 -40 year olds or college kids who blaze so this is odd

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I don't think it was a dick move especially if he was smoking in front of his kid. More people need to watch out for the welfare of these kids.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Snitches get stiches!!!

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    I don't think it was a dick move especially if he was smoking in front of his kid. More people need to watch out for the welfare of these kids.
    Yeah but guy claims he wasnt smoking in front of his kid. Pizza dude just smelled it.

Fuk that. I think i'd order more pizza and fukin jump him.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Would Broke Lenders do something like this?

teaserpleaser

All med card holders I know including me would never medicate with kids in the room. It was a dick move to call the cops on a guy using his meds in his own home doubt the pizza boy noticed the kid or he should have called child ps

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    Yeah but guy claims he wasnt smoking in front of his kid. Pizza dude just smelled it.

Fuk that. I think i'd order more pizza and fukin jump him.
    haha, you think that man is diligent enough to keep the kid away everytime he smokes? I'm sure he must have been smoking in front of the kid. How would the pizza delivery guy even know there was a kid in the house if he was 'in the bathroom'

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    thats what you get for being a shitty tipper
    This could also be true. Pizza delivery men have no morals, and you can control how they think and feel by the amount of tip you give them.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

im with profane. the pizza was probably like 16.79 and he likely gave him 17 dollars and told him to keep the change

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Jealousy is a odd thing. You could be right. pizza guy smelled the dank, got a .20 tip and got pissed off and said fuk this guy.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Pothead

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33098

Fukin rat

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    All med card holders I know including me would never medicate with kids in the room. It was a dick move to call the cops on a guy using his meds in his own home doubt the pizza boy noticed the kid or he should have called child ps

teaserpleaser I vape too man... where do you live Colorado or Cali?

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

That's why you have to be civilized and step outdoors to smoke. Plus your house wont smell like bigfoot's dikk.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    teaserpleaser I vape too man... where do you live Colorado or Cali?
    Cali...so cal my volcano classic has been on daily use for 5 years still going strong.
    Points Awarded:

Ice House gave teaserpleaser 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

That's retarded I've paid the delivery man in weed before

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21641

Bad decision by Papa John's to stand behind the guy. Could you imagine if they didn't get any orders from smokers with munchies? They'd go bankrupt in a month. Don't they know their clientele?
    Points Awarded:

Ice House gave d2bets 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: yisman

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Bad decision by Papa John's to stand behind the guy. Could you imagine if they didn't get any orders from smokers with munchies? They'd go bankrupt in a month. Don't they know their clientele?

Already saw on some canna forums that they are boycotting them now.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    I vaporize so its all good... Weak for that guy I ordered many a pizza baked some SBR Store pizzas too I wish my delivery dude would call the elroys on me
    Since when does the weed not smell after going through the vaporizer?

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    It smells, but not nearly as bad as actual flowers burning.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33098

dank
    Attached Images  

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Doesnt smell anything like burnt cannabis... 99% of the population wouldnt know the smell. I vaped in my company breakroom at least a dozen times nobody said anything. If you know what cannabis vapor smells like sure you can tell but most people most pizza delivery dudes anyway dont even know what a vaporizer is.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    That's retarded I've paid the delivery man in weed before
    Man where were people like you when i used to deliver pizzas

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1240

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    dank
    trichs need to be a bit more cloudy nice bud tho

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1240

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    It smells, but not nearly as bad as actual flowers burning.

almost like a burnt popcorn, its a way different smell

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I got no problem with the guy smoking in his own home with the card, whatever....but to do it around the little girl....

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

what a bunch of bull shit, who cares even if it wasn't medical marijuana. i would feel just as safe as if a hick were chugging down some whiskey. people are such durs when it comes to this issue, and really just believe what the usa states government and generally society tells them. don't think logically for your-self. nope.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    almost like a burnt popcorn, its a way different smell
    i have 3 vapes. MFLB, essential vaaapp, and da buddha.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Kid's gettin 2nd hand high, not cool

I don't care if this guy is in pain. That kid will get high from the smoke and that shouldn't be allowed. I give the kid a 1% chance of being a functional adult.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post

I don't care if this guy is in pain. That kid will get high from the smoke and that shouldn't be allowed. I give the kid a 1% chance of being a functional adult.
    I highly doubt he was blowing smoke in his daughters face.

If he was smoking in a different room, I think that's fine. No one going to get a fuking contact high by someone smoking in another room.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post

LAWL that is such bull shit.

I am glad you don't give a **** about people in pain, I hope to god you never have to suffer with any of the terrible diseases in which pain pills don't do shit for.

I am sure it will be much better for the kid to see her father in pain all day, and not functioning at all.

12 Last