Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Has anyone ever had a funny feeling that something really weird is going to happen? I had that feeling just before this happened and also before the results of the Florida votes in the 2000 election.
    I was just listening to one of those behind the bets podcast and some guy was talking about before September 11th there was huge money coming in on the airline stocks (I'm assuming short selling and PUTS), but you could make a ton of money if you do have some crazy premonition for certain events.

Seriously, how fukkin wild is it that dudes were shorting the airlines for huge amounts of money the days before september 11th?? this world we live in, fellas

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

They havent won a World Series since 1750 and they want to blame Bartman for reaching out for one foul ball, talk about a team that just absolutely sucks and unable to accept how fuckin awful they are. Did Bartman put that trash on the field this season, that club is the joke of the league, they should start Bartman in right field at least he goes after the ball with passion and is prolly a better hitter than half the Cubs lineup

They pay shitbag Soriano 20 mil a year to bat 200 and a bunch of washed up pitchers to give up 6 runs a game, what a fukin joke

Get some fukin pitchers besides Kerry Wood and Marmol, quit overpaying for nothing but garbage hitters like Soriano that bat 200 in a ballpark Pujols would bat 400 in and you will win a WS
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 09-27-11 at 11:22 PM.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. Most proud of intentionally vomiting on kids or hurling batteries at black people?
    No not those two but we are misunderstood as philly fans, the bes tfans on the planet without a doubt. A side note that 11 year old girls dad was a cop and was off duty and with her and didnt lose his cool. Fuk irvin, that prick is walking so was blown way out of proportion, JD drew deserved batteries throw at him and we booed santa casue the santa suit was piss poor not cause we hate santa, again media always gets it wrong, surprised the pelting of iceballs at troy aikman and jimmy johnson didnt make the list, thats the one im most proud of. All I said was im proud to bleed green, didnt say i condoned vomiting on kids.

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just want to point out how STUPID it is that everyone blindly says that Cubs fans are stupid and horrible for hating Steve Bartman.

First of all, the ONLY people who make a big deal out of Bartman is the media, who lies and fabricates anything and everything for ratings. Most Cubs fans acknowledge that Bartman had nothing to do with losing in 2003. Seriously. Most fans really don't care about him.

The media makes up that Cubs fans hate him because it gives them ratings because all you morons out there who believe everything you hear are like, 'Oh man, those stupid Cubs fans blame a fan instead of accept they lost? Those losers!'

Any Cubs fan worth his salt realizes that the Cubs didn't win the 2003 World Series because Alex S. Gonzalez booted a taylor made double play that led to the huge 8 run inning.

Bartman? I don't care about him and I'm the biggest Cubs fan you'll ever meet. The media lies and says Cubs fans hate him to get attention concerning bartman from you sheep who believe everything you hear.

priskilla22

As for him getting death threats? That would have happened in every single major sports city with the same situations. If you label an entire fan base based off the actions of a few, you aren't too bright. And I guess all Canadians are racist against blacks under the same logic considering the banana throwing incident.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    As for him getting death threats? That would have happened in every single major sports city with the same situations. If you label an entire fan base based off the actions of a few, you aren't too bright. And I guess all Canadians are racist against blacks under the same logic considering the banana throwing incident.
    Yep.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Stay classy chicago, bartman didnt throw the wild pitches or make the errors. Cub fans like the fact that they are losers, if they werent nobody would pay attention to them. Just like the national anthem at soldier a few weeks ago, chicago fans showed they are the most classless fans out there.
    This post wins you most ignorant sports fan to ever walk the face of the earth.

Chicago sports fans always cheer when that particular singer sings the anthem, and it is in no way disrespectful.

I guess when EVERY fan base starts cheering towards the end of the song, they are all classless too?

What am I saying anyway? Philadelphia really does have the least classy fans, so I can see why you try to throw the blame to Chicago and think no one will notice that you can't just admit it is Philadelphia. Maybe you are just mad that Vick has never beat the Bears and never will.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Some say Mookie would have beaten it out if the ball was fielded cleanly.
    No they don't

But they do say that ray knight wouldn't have scored if bob Stanley didn't throw a wild pitch to move him over to second when mookie came up.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

This post wins you most ignorant sports fan to ever walk the face of the earth. Chicago sports fans always cheer when that particular singer sings the anthem, and it is in no way disrespectful. I guess when EVERY fan base starts cheering towards the end of the song, they are all classless too? What am I saying anyway? Philadelphia really does have the least classy fans, so I can see why you try to throw the blame to Chicago and think no one will notice that you can't just admit it is Philadelphia. Maybe you are just mad that Vick has never beat the Bears and never will.
    Dont give me that media does it shit, i saw the video tonight from the stands, you people have no class, worry about shitty ass cutler since he has no talent anyway. Vick is gonna play this week, maybe if you guys had a decent field to play on he could run a little, you guys flooded it last year before our game, like i said classy. Instead of building a new field you put some stupid expansion on top, lol, cheap fukkers, like i said stay classy chi town and enjoy the continued losing cubbies, lol

vinny89121
    vinny89121's Avatar Become A Pro!

This post wins you most ignorant sports fan to ever walk the face of the earth.

Chicago sports fans always cheer when that particular singer sings the anthem, and it is in no way disrespectful.

I guess when EVERY fan base starts cheering towards the end of the song, they are all classless too?

What am I saying anyway? Philadelphia really does have the least classy fans, so I can see why you try to throw the blame to Chicago and think no one will notice that you can't just admit it is Philadelphia. Maybe you are just mad that Vick has never beat the Bears and never will.
    or it could be that the flyers couldnt beat the blackhawks in the cup

priskilla22

Dont give me that media does it shit, i saw the video tonight from the stands, you people have no class, worry about shitty ass cutler since he has no talent anyway. Vick is gonna play this week, maybe if you guys had a decent field to play on he could run a little, you guys flooded it last year before our game, like i said classy. Instead of building a new field you put some stupid expansion on top, lol, cheap fukkers, like i said stay classy chi town and enjoy the continued losing cubbies, lol
    You're a clown. Waste of my time to respond again because you're hopeless.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9604

Stay classy chicago, bartman didnt throw the wild pitches or make the errors. Cub fans like the fact that they are losers, if they werent nobody would pay attention to them. Just like the national anthem at soldier a few weeks ago, chicago fans showed they are the most classless fans out there.

Yeah..Right up there with Philly fans.

Snolan860
    Snolan860's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Hopefully this is re-aired

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

** you must not watch much hockey. Either that or you forgot that every time he sings the anthem it's tradition to cheer. And as a Cubs fan I can tell you, none of us like losing every year. Not sure where you came up with that? Maybe you just hate Chicago?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    No they don't

But they do say that ray knight wouldn't have scored if bob Stanley didn't throw a wild pitch to move him over to second when mookie came up.
    There is an interesting aspect to all of this that people often forget about. The ball was well behind the bag. Mookie was perhaps the fastest Met in history before Jose Reyes emerged from the farm system. With 327 career steals, it’s obvious that the base running ability was there. But, would he have been safe?

I certainly think there is a shot. First of all, we have all seen the clip a million times. First thing’s first. Buckner was ranging to his left because the ball was right inside the line. If he gloves it, he ranges a bit into foul territory. Then he has to get his footing and beat a very fast man to first base. A lot of things need to go right in order to record the out there.

Then there’s the pitcher, Bob Stanley. It doesn’t seem like he was anywhere near the base. Pitchers are taught to break towards the first base bag on a play like that, but he was nowhere to be seen.
    That play might be the most famous blunder in baseball history.

Mookie Wilson maintains that he would have been safe. I think it bothers him that one guy’s blunder put him into the history books, but as they say, it’s better to be lucky than good.

Do You Think Mookie Wilson Would Have Been Safe?
    Yes (69%, 20 Votes)
    No (31%, 9 Votes)
    Total Voters: 29

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

just like when the Bears intentionally fogged up the field

Breaks my heart to see the Phillies shit the bed last year and the Eagles doing the same already

I/O

The Cubs fur shit mgr at the time lost the game and the series just like he did in SF playing NOT to win that game

I can't believe how this douche always escapes criticism even now on a team loaded with talent (I think it's cuz he's a brother and you can't criticize)

Without his players juicing, he can't win

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why didn't steve sue the media he could have got millions for trashing his name and causen harm and death threats

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    The Cubs fur shit mgr at the time lost the game and the series just like he did in SF playing NOT to win that game

I can't believe how this douche always escapes criticism even now on a team loaded with talent (I think it's cuz he's a brother and you can't criticize)

Without his players juicing, he can't win
    People do not criticize aspects of an irrelevant team. Cincy being of them. No pitching rotation or bullpen to speak of.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    Why didn't steve sue the media he could have got millions for trashing his name and causen harm and death threats
    He wanted it all to go away. He wanted no attention, or money.

The media did wrong by Bartman, but bullies pick on the weak.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    People do not criticize aspects of an irrelevant team. Cincy being of them. No pitching rotation or bullpen to speak of.
    He has cost two OTHER different teams their season with major post season blunders

nobody remembers

I/O

and I have NO pity for Bartman or any other idiot that wants to go after a ball in play

especially a guy that should have known better LIKE BARTMAN

I really don't care if his life is a mess or not

fuk him (and I'm the farthest thing from a Cubs fan) he doesn't deserve peoples pity or sympathy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cubs could of won game regardless

They needed a scapegoat

Chicago might have the dumbest fans in usa, your talking about a lot of uneducated fans in those crowds

I was at a Mets game this summer and two guys next to me were reading and from Tel Aviv

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

JJ I prefer your generalizations of broads to your broad generalizations.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cougar its true

The Bartman case is just one example

Cougar go to a NY game, many guys and gals keep score using official scorebooks, many have baseball almanacs on them
    Who charts pitches, who has a radar gun, etc

We have a clue here

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Bartman is the red herring of all red herrings.

joeythelip23
    joeythelip23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by boneheaded1 View Post
    What I find funny is the dude was a teacher. Wonder how many times he said, "Pay attention!" in class. That phrase went out the window that night.
    Not that it matters at this point but Bartman wasn't a teacher, he worked for a global HR and consulting firm in the Chicagoland Suburbs.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pretty sweet that the dude has been able to disappear and not be a continuing source of story. Read several stories about how he turned down six figure movie and commercial deals too. Guy just generally wants to be forgotten.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

losers find excuses, cubs are losers.

made the most money ever in my long career gambling n the marlins that year. a once in a lifetime windfall for a guy who doesnt gamble too much and just plays the sides against themselves. and i dont credit that nitwit for any part of it. cubs suck the organization sucks and they wont ever win a single meaningful thing ever because they breed that mentality there.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

i enjoyed the show a great deal..well done...2003 seems like yesterday watching that..

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Cubs could of won game regardless

They needed a scapegoat

Chicago might have the dumbest fans in usa, your talking about a lot of uneducated fans in those crowds

I was at a Mets game this summer and two guys next to me were reading and from Tel Aviv
    It actually makes me feel better as a Chicago sports fan that you are saying we are dumb. I'd say Chicago sports fans take dumps with higher IQs than you...

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

another good one tonight about sex change in sports

First 12