Blackroc78
    Blackroc78's Avatar Become A Pro!

TMZ Sports

MARCUS CAMBY
    Weed? What Weed?

Marcus Camby swears he had no idea there was weed in his car when police booked him for marijuana possession Monday, sources close to the NBA star tell TMZ.

According to sources, Camby says the pot wasn't his. In fact, they say Camby doesn't smoke pot... at least not since his last arrest for pot possession in 1997.

So where, pray tell, did the pot come from? Our sources say Camby is dumbfounded ... and was shocked when police pulled the stash out from under the passenger seat.

One little problem. The cops -- who stopped the car because of an equipment violation -- searched it because they say it REEKED OF POT!

So, does Marcus' story pass the smell test? We report, you decide
    Attached Images  

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

solid player
    nothing big here
    they all smoke

Blackroc78

Bill Belichick, Terror Of The High Seas, On Roller Skates!
    Attached Images  

Blackroc78

Flyers' Wayne Simmonds has banana thrown at him during overtime shootout

A spectator threw a banana at Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds during an overtime shootout attempt in Philadelphia’s preseason game against the Detroit Red Wings in Ontario.

After the game, Simmonds confirmed it was a banana thrown at him and said of the incident, "I've never had a banana thrown at me before. That's a first for me. I guess it's something I obviously have to deal with—being a black player playing in a predominantly white sport. I've grown a lot playing in this league and throughout my whole life. I'm not going to dwell on that. It's over with now."

Blackroc78

Is Hockey a racist sport?
    Attached Images  

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2464

just the unlucky athlete who got caught sure most athletes do it but hid it

Blackroc78

FORMER NFL PLAYER
    Found Dead

Former Baltimore Ravens offensive lineman Orlando Brown has been found dead ... TMZ has confirmed.

Brown, an imposing figure in the NFL, was famously injured in 1999 when a ref threw a penalty marker that struck his eye. The injury was severe and some say it derailed his career.

Brown, who was 40, was found dead at his home in downtown Baltimore.

The cause of death has not been disclosed.
    Attached Images  

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroc78 View Post
    Flyers' Wayne Simmonds has banana thrown at him during overtime shootout

A spectator threw a banana at Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds during an overtime shootout attempt in Philadelphia’s preseason game against the Detroit Red Wings in Ontario.

After the game, Simmonds confirmed it was a banana thrown at him and said of the incident, "I've never had a banana thrown at me before. That's a first for me. I guess it's something I obviously have to deal with—being a black player playing in a predominantly white sport. I've grown a lot playing in this league and throughout my whole life. I'm not going to dwell on that. It's over with now."
    That was here in London, Ontario where I live.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I always wonder'd why no company has ever done a TMZ / entertainment tonight type show for sports stars. You would think it would get really big ratings.

Blackroc78

The Fake Outrage Over Fake Injuries; Or, How To Piss On An NFL Sideline Without Anyone Seeing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PgQU...layer_embedded
    Attached Images  

Blackroc78

Dodgers Game Marred By Giants Fan Trying To Interrupt The "Don’t Stop Believing Guy"

The blog "Vin Scully Is My Homeboy" started its Friday off with a post titled, "Giants fan tries to disturb 'Don't Stop Believin' Guy,'" with DSBG being somewhat of a Chavez Ravine Idol contestant who performs Journey for his fellow attendees. The horror. And at the last home game of the season, no less!

Orlando's quote — he got there first! — seems to be a perfect bookend to a season that saw a Giants fan beaten into a coma outside the first home game of the season.

It didn't show when she jumped on him at the end. What a whore. That's y people get beat up. Completely disrespectful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNhZs...layer_embedded
    Attached Images  

Blackroc78

Maradona’s Totally Sorry About Kicking That Fan In Dubai

"'I am emotional, this is my nature. I've always been like this as a player and coach. Sometimes I feel like I'm a player of Al Wasl. The sign was a message from my grandson and daughters in Manchester and Argentina and it means they support me in whatever I do. I apologise to the fan I hurt but I wanted the banner to be seen."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2x10...layer_embedded
    Attached Images  

Blackroc78

Former Orioles Pitcher Mike Flanagan Threatened To Commit Suicide Several Times Before Doing So

The Baltimore Sun is reporting, based on police records released via Public Information Act request, that Cy Young Award winner and Orioles broadcaster Mike Flanagan's suicide did not come as a complete surprise to those closest to him.

In an interview with police detectives, Flanagan's wife described several occasions in which he grabbed a shotgun and walked outside their Sparks home, declaring, "I can't take it anymore." Each time, Alex Flanagan said, she talked her 59-year-old husband back inside.

The account adds to an emerging picture of Flanagan as a troubled man who was struggling with his career and finances and had grappled with suicidal thoughts. ...

According to the newly released police records, Alex Flanagan told detectives they both were "distraught" over his job and that he had been working without a contract for the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network for the past year and a half. Flanagan had told his wife he felt "insignificant" and threatened to shoot himself in June, prompting a visit by police, according to the records.

Police denied, however, initial reports that "Flanagan was upset about fans blaming him for the current struggles of the Orioles."
    Attached Images  

Blackroc78

Victor Ortiz
    Teaming Up with Ray J
    On Rap Song

Victor Ortiz and Ray J have more in common than the fact they both took part in fights last weekend in Las Vegas -- they're teaming up to do a song together.

We have has obtained a track from DJ Ian Carey, which features Ray J singing ... and a short rap verse from Ortiz.

The song is called "Baddest Girl" and Ortiz comes in around the 2:02 mark. Listen and judge for yourself ...

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk...ddest_girl.mp3
    Attached Images  

Blackroc78

Red Sox John Lackey
    Divorcing Wife Battling Cancer

Boston Red Sox pitcher John Lackey has filed to divorce his wife, Krista ... who is in the middle of battling breast cancer.

Lackey filed on August 30, according to court docs in Texas, claiming "the marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities." Krista and John got married in November, 2008.

Sources close to the family tell TMZ ... Krista underwent a double mastectomy back in March and underwent chemo as recently as June.

The divorce petition says John and Krista had a prenup. It also says Lackey has "separate property" he wants to keep for himself.

Lackey filed the divorce papers using only his and Krista's initials -- a tactic Tony Parker and Eva Longoria ... and Sandra Bullock and Jesse James also used in their Texas divorces.

It's unclear why Lackey -- who's struggled on the field all season long -- didn't wait til the off-season, about a month from now, to start divorce proceedings.

Lackey's camp had no comment.
    Attached Images  

Blackroc78

The Bills Grabbed A Lot More Than A Victory Yesterday Against The Patriots
    Attached Images