ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

RIP Troy davis

murdered tonight

no not the former qb or rb

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

He wasn't "murdered", he was rightfully executed for killing a cop.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

if that guy troy didnt do it who did ?

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    if that guy troy didnt do it who did ?
    That's not a reason to kill somebody who may very well be innocent.

And I hate people who act like police are angels - most police I've encountered are complete Nazi assholes.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

I'm getting tired of hearing all these people that think he is innocent. If you read the 112 page document from the court case, you would know this guy did it. Instead, everyone is driven my this 7 recants of the 9 witnesses. The media is not telling you that there were actually 34 witnesses, including a member of the Air Force . The media is not telling you that all 7 witnesses that recanted knew Mr. Davis personally, and that one of them was 5 feet from the incident when it happened. The media is not telling you that only 2 of the witnesses were actually considered recanted statements because the other 5 statements were really out there. The media is not telling you that Mr. Davis was given the right during the appeals process to let these 2 witnesses testify in his defense, but he refused to let them come up, more than likely thinking their stories would be torn up in cross examination. Read it yourself, and just don't be driven by the media.

http://www.gasd.uscourts.gov/pdf/409cv00130_92part1.pdf
    http://www.gasd.uscourts.gov/pdf/409cv00130_92part2.pdf

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    murdered tonight

no not the former qb or rb
    Warrior get your medication tweaked...you're rambling again

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

problem with cases is the longer a person waits the more doubt family and friends puts in peoples eyes. he was convicted in what 89? 21 years is a lot of living if you are convicted of death penality.

Marv001
    Marv001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn't hear about this case but thx for posting the link.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

After waking up this morning, I think that there is a bigger agenda being spruced up here through the media. Does anyone remember the MSNBC Republican debate when Rick Perry was asked about the death penalty out of the blue? It had nothing to do with the other issues asked about. Now we see major news coverage, with misconstrued facts, about a guy on death row taking major coverage away from a white man heinously killing a black guy in Texas, and getting the death penalty the same night as Davis did. Watch the news for the next month. Ricky Perry will be asked at least half a dozen times about the death penalty or this case in general.

If Perry gets the nomination, I see the Democratic party fabricating this as an issue to divert people with strong feelings against the death penalty. I would not be shocked to see ad after ad of Perry soundbites, making him look like out out of control, cowboy like, killer. Wouldn't be surprised to hear something like, "We don't need another cowboy in the White House." This looks like a way of getting people to vote with their emotions again, like they did in 2008, instead of on Obama's record, which should be the main issue.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jagaf22

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

i am pretty sure this was a double murder. didnt he kill someone else, then kill a cop an hour later?
    this guy obviously was a menace to society

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Never fucken heard of him

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

happened down here in south ga............... guy was accused of killing a cop.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

oh well.

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

I read that he had the persons blood on his shorts that they found at his mothers house, and that he was also convicted of shooting somebody earlier in the day with the same gun. And why does it take 20 years to get this done?

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

did i hear correctly that there was none of his DNA at the scene? nor a murder weapon recovered?

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

i didnt really keep up with it blacker......... i just know there will be allot of demonstrations down here over this.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

next time he will be more careful to cover his tracks. he should have not refused his last meal.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    next time he will be more careful to cover his tracks. he should have not refused his last meal.
    he refused his last meal every time he was to be executed. this wasn't his first trip to the chair

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

******* bull shit country, not surprising they would not over-turn the conviction. Even when their is clear and deciding evidence, politics plays a role in it, because no one wants to admit they were wrong. Anther innocent man killed by our great justice system.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Convicted murderers should not sit on death row for 21 years. Should be hanging these types from the gallows the next morning.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

an eye for an eye

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Convicted murderers should not sit on death row for 21 years. Should be hanging these types from the gallows the next morning.
    yeah because no one has every been falsely accused and then later exonerated

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    yeah because no one has every been falsely accused and then later exonerated

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Sorry folks, but this is not a justified use of the death penalty.

No forensic evidence + no murder weapon = no death penalty. Period, point blank.

It's a sad day in this country when we execute someone based solely on eye witness testimony. Life without parole, sure. Death penalty, give me a fukkin break. We are not saying the guy should go free, we are simply pointing out that this is a clear misuse of capital punishment.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by zert View Post
    I read that he had the persons blood on his shorts that they found at his mothers house, and that he was also convicted of shooting somebody earlier in the day with the same gun. And why does it take 20 years to get this done?
    Naw. That was OJ. And he was innocent........

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I read the story on yahoo. This basically comes down to, do you believe him or not? Very difficult when Mr. Davis has gained a lot of support saying that he's innocent. I always am very upset when someone is jailed when they're innocent and lose part of their life in there.

Tough call- If he was guilty, he deserved what he got. If he's innocent, I hope that he's in a better place with god to make up for what he's had to deal with.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7903

everyone in jail and on death row are innocent don't you know?

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

He murdered a cop. Got what he deserved. And this is is way beyond a reasonable doubt if you actually look at the whole case.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    He murdered a cop. Got what he deserved. And this is is way beyond a reasonable doubt if you actually look at the whole case.
    no murder weapon, no dna. sounds guilty to me

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

"Since Davis's conviction, seven of nine witnesses have changed or recanted their testimony, some have said they were coerced by police to testify against him and some say another man committed the crime.

No physical evidence linked Davis to the killing."

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

^
    But Rev Sharpy just told me on MSNBC there was tons of reasonable doubt.

Rev. Sharpy wouldn't lie to me, would he?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Prick

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    "Since Davis's conviction, seven of nine witnesses have changed or recanted their testimony, some have said they were coerced by police to testify against him and some say another man committed the crime.

No physical evidence linked Davis to the killing."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I'm getting tired of hearing all these people that think he is innocent. If you read the 112 page document from the court case, you would know this guy did it. Instead, everyone is driven my this 7 recants of the 9 witnesses. The media is not telling you that there were actually 34 witnesses, including a member of the Air Force . The media is not telling you that all 7 witnesses that recanted knew Mr. Davis personally, and that one of them was 5 feet from the incident when it happened. The media is not telling you that only 2 of the witnesses were actually considered recanted statements because the other 5 statements were really out there. The media is not telling you that Mr. Davis was given the right during the appeals process to let these 2 witnesses testify in his defense, but he refused to let them come up, more than likely thinking their stories would be torn up in cross examination. Read it yourself, and just don't be driven by the media.

http://www.gasd.uscourts.gov/pdf/409cv00130_92part1.pdf
    http://www.gasd.uscourts.gov/pdf/409cv00130_92part2.pdf

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    no murder weapon, no dna. sounds guilty to me
    It's not guilt that is the issue here. It is the type of punishment being doled out for a case with no forensic evidence, no murder weapon, and witnesses that say they were coerced. You should NEVER execute someone in a case like this. Again, life in prison, no problem. But this sets a dangerous precedent.

It's pretty comical to read some of the responses in this thread. Some of you mouthbreathers really should not be gambling. Makes me want to get some pph software and open up shop.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Ha ha what a joke the legal system is. Casey Anthony who killed her daughter goes free and an innocent man is put to death.

daprospecta
    daprospecta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I don't know if he did it but like someone said b4 a man or woman shouldn't be put to death on eye witness alone.

12 Last