ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10545

Update on my court summons

Came in the mail
    Personal and Confidential

RE: file number discover bank vs me

Dear David,

Our client is willing to accept 150.00 per month on the balance in full. Enclosed herewith
    please find an Agreed Judgement. Please sign said judgement and return it to my office
    along with your first payment. this client has agreed to the payment terms, contingent
    upon you signing and returning this document. Be aware that the agreed judgment will be filed
    with the court as a judgement against you. Until such time as you return the Agreed Judgment
    to us , we are proceding with this lawsuit.

All checks and money orders should be made payable to the creditor and sent to THIS OFFICE at the address set forth below please make checks payable to Discover Bank. It is very important that the payments are received by the due date. In the event of a default, your payment arrangement is considered void and we will execute on the judgement balance. , less credit given for payments received , if authorized to do so by our client.

If you are not agreeable to the above terms, please contact one of my assistants at ---------
    to discuss a payment plan that fits your financial situation. Also please find
    a Motion for Judgement on the Pleadings we have filed with court

Thank you for your promt attention to this matter. This communication is from a debt collector this letter is an attempt to collect a debt, and any information obtained will be used
    for that purpose. This communication is from a debt collector

Yours truly and signed by them

2nd page
    Discover banks vs me , ---------- district court
    Agreed Judgement
    1. Plaintiff shall have judgement against the defendant for the sum of 3, 542.84 , with
    interest thereon of 0 percent per annum from march 31, 2011 until date of judgement , plus
    an attorneys fee equal to 15 percent of this judgement balance. plus all court costs expended by the plaintiff. , all to bear interest at 12 percent per annum from the date of the judgement until this judgment is satisfied.
    2. It is further agreed that if the defendant pays 150 on september 25th , 2011 with a like
    payment dude on the 25th day of each month thereafter, until the full balance including principle , interest, costs are paid off. Plaintiff shall not issue execution on this Judgment
    This is a final and appealable Judgement and there is no just cause for delay

Page 3 is an affidavit where i would fill out name, number, ss number, birth, employment, address, checking savings, etc

page 4 is there direct debt authorization

page 5 is Motion for judgement on the pleadings

NOTICE
    Please take notice that the undersigned will on October 13th, 2011 at 1 30 pm in the
    Courtroom of the above court make the motion and tender to the attached judgement

Comes the plaintiff, by council and moves the court for a judgement on the pleadings on behalf of the plaintiff and against the defendant herein.
    In support of said Motion, plaintiffs counsel attaches hereto a copy of the response received from the defendant. , after the defendant was served with Summons to this matter. Said response constitutes and admission of the averments of the plaintiffs counsel. Plaintiff also attaches hereto documentation supporting cause of action . Therefore , the defendant
    is entitled to a judgement as a matter of law.

Certificate signed

Next page was a copy of my defense the got from me and the clerks office
    next page is a copy of last statement where it shows internal chargeoff , interest charged in 2011 and so on

Then several pages of the CC agreement

Okay i guess im asking what is this. Did the court issue this judgement? I see nothing of a court date for me or anything from the court or clerks office. Is this just another attempt , i assume they must of received something from the court or no? It does say they will be in my court on october 13th 2011. Do i need to be there? How do i respond, and above it stated it is appealable, but don't know what i would appeal

Also if i could afford 150 a month i would do it but not after all the harrassement , that i don't have proof of. Im sure alot of you read my last post regarding this , so Im here asking for advice. Can't believe they are really gonna drive 5 hours to this court just for me, or perhaps they are doing others also. I guess i would get a court date later on after they appear in court that day

I doubt i will get any help here but dumb responses, but thanks for any help if anyone has the time to read it

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can't be this fukin dumb.

You can't be.

But I will indulge you and TRY to explain this to you.

If you have a court date---they will most certainly show. They can do this one of two ways---they can pay a local attorney a few bucks to make the appearance on their behalf, or they can send a paralegal to make the initial petition.

If you have a court date---you mentioned October 13th-----odds are that is before some type of magisterial district judge in your local town/municipality. If you do not show----a judgement for the entire amount Discover Card claims you owe will be entered against you.

If you can't pay---and odds are you can't------the collection agency can then force an personal asset sale to cover in part, some of the money you owe them. Someone from your local Sheriff's office would come to your door and ask you what personal assets you have----he/she will complete an inventory and then have an auction date to sell your shit.

If you had a job---and we know you don't, they could garnish your wages.

150 bucks a month is a steal. You owe the money, and clearly they are going to pursue you to the ends to get back what you owe them. Pay it for god's sake.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Why are you going to court for this, what good can come out if this if this goes to court? It will be open public record, and I don't know what job field you are in, but its not going to look very good on a back round check to see you in court not wanting to pay a discover bill because you feel they harassed you.

Just no quite understanding how you can't afford 150 dollars a month. If you are on this gambling forum, but its none of my business. I Just don't get what you are trying to prove here.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Just pay it TT. Get a part time job for the next 6 months and pay it. The stress and hassle of all this is muuuuuch worse than just paying it off.

Trust me. Find a goofy job at McDonald's and work until you make 3500 bucks and this will all go away. You'll be free of this burden.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

As I long time Discover customer I am going to call them and demand they scrap this interest free settlement and throw your fatfukk ass in jail. I'd gladly pay the $3500 for that.

Discover customer since 2001.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    You can't be this fukin dumb.

You can't be.

But I will indulge you and TRY to explain this to you.

If you have a court date---they will most certainly show. They can do this one of two ways---they can pay a local attorney a few bucks to make the appearance on their behalf, or they can send a paralegal to make the initial petition.

If you have a court date---you mentioned October 13th-----odds are that is before some type of magisterial district judge in your local town/municipality. If you do not show----a judgement for the entire amount Discover Card claims you owe will be entered against you.

If you can't pay---and odds are you can't------the collection agency can then force an personal asset sale to cover in part, some of the money you owe them. Someone from your local Sheriff's office would come to your door and ask you what personal assets you have----he/she will complete an inventory and then have an auction date to sell your shit.

If you had a job---and we know you don't, they could garnish your wages.

150 bucks a month is a steal. You owe the money, and clearly they are going to pursue you to the ends to get back what you owe them. Pay it for god's sake.
    Yeah, QFT.

Discover just isn't going to let this money go to waste, this is the reason why have attorneys. Who is giving you legal advice, if anybody?

I would advice you to at least go online, at least go to http://www.justanswer.com/ and pay 15 bucks to get a qualified attorney to tell you, some cold hard truth.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    As I long time Discover customer I am going to call them and demand they scrap this interest free settlement and throw your fatfukk ass in jail. I'd gladly pay the $3500 for that. Discover customer since 2001.
    if only people could be put in jail for not paying debts

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    As I long time Discover customer I am going to call them and demand they scrap this interest free settlement and throw your fatfukk ass in jail. I'd gladly pay the $3500 for that. Discover customer since 2001.
    Most comapnies will work with you too if you tell them you can't make a payment. Some will even give you a month off.

Hell, I got screwed by a guy on paypal for 300 dollars and even paypal has been working with me to get my negative balance up to 300 over the last couple of months..

I know your situation is a lot more money, but I think you are not taking personal responsibility for your actions.

I am in a lot of CC debt too, but it was my own mistakes that led to it.

If you have to take a part time job, two part time jobs, do it to make sure this stays out of court.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    if only people could be put in jail for not paying debts
    Well I agree with that in certain circumstances. I think bankruptcy is needed for a reason.

My cousin just had to declare bankruptcy because of her daughter was sick, and her insurance she had from her work didn't cover much. So they got hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. Not much they could do with their jobs, to ever get that paid off.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Just pay it TT. Get a part time job for the next 6 months and pay it. The stress and hassle of all this is muuuuuch worse than just paying it off.

Trust me. Find a goofy job at McDonald's and work until you make 3500 bucks and this will all go away. You'll be free of this burden.
    good one. Imagine King Hippo being walked in on by his manager while he is bathing in the fry grease and pounding away on McNuggets.

Since you are unable to get a job why not ask a family member for a loan to pay the cc off. Didn't you just sell land?

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Well I agree with that in certain circumstances. I think bankruptcy is needed for a reason. My cousin just had to declare bankruptcy because of her daughter was sick, and her insurance she had from her work didn't cover much. So they got hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. Not much they could do with their jobs, to ever get that paid off.
    for sure BK is needed for certain situations. tittywarriors however is not one of those situations

ttwarrior1

martin martin martin

When and where did i say i had a court date????????????

ttwarrior1

when did i say i was going to court

ttwarrior1

like i said, no good help in this thread, yet

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

ttwarrior1

answer the questions in my 1st post or get out
    Taking care of sick relatives for free is a job, if you disagree so be it, but its irrevelant to this thread and even if it was, i wouldn't be paying them a dime. They are not getting a dime from me. I have no assets or money, nada.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    Taking care of sick relatives for free is a job, if you disagree so be it, but its irrevelant to this thread and even if it was, i wouldn't be paying them a dime. They are not getting a dime from me. I have no assets or money, nada.
    Pay somebody 6 bucks an hour to sit around and watch over your family while you go get a real job.

ttwarrior1

real job? Lost all respect for you. Are you even old enough to gamble. Stay out of posts you don't belong or know the answers too.

And i already payed them over 4 grand already on that account from the interest and fees.

William Walters

real job? Lost all respect for you. Are you even old enough to gamble. Stay out of posts you don't belong or know the answers too.

And i already payed them over 4 grand already on that account from the interest and fees.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1110

I fukked my credit up when i got locked up TT. I wish i never acted the way I did. The Fukk it attitude is what made me end up how i ended up. Im still paying for it. I never got any judgements or sued tho. I do know there is a day you have in court to argue the amount owed if u think there is a discrepancy. If you don't show up the judge can only go by what discover says to issue the judgement. If the hearing hasn't passed it( i believe it is oct 13th at 130pm) would be in your best interest for you to go if you think they are wrong on the amount. If not fuk it. But you will never own a home or have another cc for a longtime if ever. Its no way to live TT. its more stressful to not pay your bills then it is just to pay them.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

warrior the best thing that could ever happen to you is to get sent to the joint....it would make you get your fukkin life in order. Sure you'll get your ass split open by the boys on your block, but you'll get 3 meals a day and time in the yard. You'll come out the other side realizing being a pimple on society isn't nearly as good as getting a fukkin job and paying your bills

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

standard fall back response

I/O

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Professional Poker Player career isn't in the near future?

dinaro7
    super player
    dinaro7's Avatar Become A Pro!

just ignore it they cant hire an attorney for everyone that owes them money

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

don't pay or sign it. they didn't go through the court. they're bluffing trying to get you to pay. don't fall for it. they can do nothing if you have no income or assets. stand up to them.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    warrior the best thing that could ever happen to you is to get sent to the joint....it would make you get your fukkin life in order. Sure you'll get your ass split open by the boys on your block, but you'll get 3 meals a day and time in the yard. You'll come out the other side realizing being a pimple on society isn't nearly as good as getting a fukkin job and paying your bills

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by dinaro7 View Post
    just ignore it they cant hire an attorney for everyone that owes them money
    wrong

they can have attorney(s) on retainer that are just there to handle cases like this

ttwarrior1

uh if i had a court date i would of received something from the court. That letter wasn't from the court

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

how does a guy who plays 16 hours of poker a day not have $150/mo?

sumthin ain't right.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

It does say they will be in my court on october 13th 2011. Do i need to be there? How do i respond, and above it stated it is appealable, but don't know what i would appeal

Can't believe they are really gonna drive 5 hours to this court just for me, or perhaps they are doing others also.

I doubt i will get any help here but dumb responses, but thanks for any help if anyone has the time to read it
    This is why you drive us f'in insane TT.

You tell us that you don't have a court date----

And then you post what I highlighted above.

Those are your words---you mention court twice---you even have a date listed, how the fuk am I supposed to know you don't even understand yourself what you are posting.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    This is why you drive us f'in insane TT.

You tell us that you don't have a court date----

And then you post what I highlighted above.

Those are your words---you mention court twice---you even have a date listed, how the fuk am I supposed to know you don't even understand yourself what you are posting.

ttwarrior1

well u said i had a court date. Uh no i don't. Ive read what i posted ten times and never once did i say i had a court date. Do you even read.

ttwarrior1

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I think you may have court on October 13th at 1:30, TT.

It seems like the paperwork is saying that

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

12 Last