Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Chris McAlister broke, living with parents, can’t pay child supp

Chris McAlister broke, living with parents, can’t pay child supp

<hr>

Chris McAlister broke, living with parents, can’t pay child support Posted by Michael David

Smith on September 15, 2011, 9:16 AM EDT

AP Former Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister made tens of millions of dollars in his NFL career, but he now says that he’s so broke he can’t afford to take care of himself or his child.
    In court documents obtained by TMZ, McAlister wrote, “I have been unemployed since 2009. I have no income. . . . I live in my parent’s home. My parents provide me with my basic living expenses as I do not have the funds to do so.”
    McAlister is asking the court to lower his $11,000 a month child support obligation to his ex-wife.
    In 1999, McAlister was selected by the Ravens with the 10th overall pick in the draft. After playing out his rookie contract, McAlister signed a seven-year, $55 million extension in 2004. McAlister played five years on that contract before being released, then played briefly with the Saints before retiring.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I remember a story years ago where my buddy was at this girls house who he liked, and before he could ask her out, Chris McAlister pulls up in a Ferrari just in time for their date.

He has a degree right? Even if he doesn't, get a job. Work a football camp or something.

Fun ride through life I'm sure Chris. Hope it was worth it.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

$11,000 a month?

Most of these guys would be better off getting their balls snipped before they got to the league.

mike191
    mike191's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Lets hope that his parents house has no outstanding mortgage and was purchased by the son.Moreover,find work, sell your assets and let your parents ride off into the sunset without added bagge.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

damn that's crazy, now I don't feel bad about living with the parents my first year after college

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Theres some statistic out there that says 30-60% of all professionall football/basketball players go broke after 10 years out of the NFL/NBA. If only they knew money management...

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

He's going be just fine

It's the court/child support issues here

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

Why is it necessary to award someone $11,000 per month in child support??? That is just evil. Why would the law enforce something like this?

It's like once you're married with children, a woman can do whatever the hell she wants. She can hang out with her friends all day, constantly start fights with you, and use the threat of divorce to hang over your head. She knows she can get half of your stuff just because the decision will always favor the wife in court.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by The Inevitable View Post
    Why is it necessary to award someone $11,000 per month in child support??? That is just evil. Why would the law enforce something like this?

It's like once you're married with children, a woman can do whatever the hell she wants. She can hang out with her friends all day, constantly start fights with you, and use the threat of divorce to hang over your head. She knows she can get half of your stuff just because the decision will always favor the wife in court.
    yup

once you say i do she can do ANYTHING she wants and if you want to get rid of her? HALF! HALF MOTHAFUKA!

she can be lazy, be a complete b*tch, no sex, fuk someone else whatever cause she knows she got that HALF coming to her if you decide to do something about it

i feel fukin SORRY for n***as that marry the wrong b*tch!

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

You can't live without pussies

not kind you pay for

the real shit

easywinner
    easywinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

This thread exposes the harsh realities of the world we live in through various aspects as well as certain misconceptions abundant in society.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by The Inevitable View Post
    you think a Judge is going to give her a few hundo a month when presented with evidence in the form of a 55 million dollar contract? come on now.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

hope he supports the kids through their lives

monetarily and personally