High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Statnerds and I disagree on some social issues, but his videos contain some humor and I don't think he's a fraud. On the plus side Stats, you're back on the people's side. Out of curiosity, how much time each week did you spend capping games and looking for value?

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stats, are you going to have a separate thread in a sub-forum?

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    statslut is a fraud.
    Mayan how is the guy a fraud? And I still don't see the problem with someone accepting money for picks. Vyom guy, why is that such a problem? Shouldn't he be compensated for his hard work the way anyone else would for their work?

If he took the money and never gave any picks or just drew names out of a hat then ya, I'd have a problem with that. But if someone is putting in hours of work and finds an edge to make others money, charge away. Business 101

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Why you no longer selling picks then?

If no one wants them why?

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

I'd say that it's probably a tough industry to be competitive in, regardless of his recent success. People that are willing to pay are likely the get rick types and their the ones that fall for all the bells and whistles, which if you look at his site, a government PDF possesses more pizzazz. The logo is creepy too...lol. Then you have the SJ types, who undercut everybody with their low package prices.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post

Mayan how is the guy a fraud? And I still don't see the problem with someone accepting money for picks. Vyom guy, why is that such a problem? Shouldn't he be compensated for his hard work the way anyone else would for their work?

If he took the money and never gave any picks or just drew names out of a hat then ya, I'd have a problem with that. But if someone is putting in hours of work and finds an edge to make others money, charge away. Business 101
    I pity people like you who depend on touts for their picks....books LOVE people like you who follow touts. Why do you think most books sponsor these kind of touts websites???...MASS BURIAL thats why.

If you don't have your own system/model/angle/strategy, then do something else other than gambling.

Don't follow any idiot irrespective of his record. All touts show their wins and hide their loses. Thats just the way they sell their packages....and this idiot stat nerds is no different. He has already opened tons of threads claiming the same shit in players talk. You haven't been here long enough to know that.

Just think...whats the point of this thread?...he wants people to say "hey man don't stop posting picks if you are doing so well". This is a way to seek attention from newbies like you who have no clue at the start of NFL/CFL season. If he really wanted to help out people, why not post for free??? If he really is a winner, why does he need peanut $50 packages from broke fuks?

True winners and sharps don't go touts...coz they are winners and make enough money in betting. People who go touts are losers in gambling in general and want to scam people claiming they actually have a clue.
    Last edited by vyomguy; 09-08-11 at 12:23 AM.

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

I think this guy is entertaining at the very least.

I say we put Statnerds vs John Ryan. Loser leaves SBR.

Touts should not be in Players talk, but I say let the winner stay!

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

oh i didn't like it .peace

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post

True winners and sharps don't go touts
    Alan Boston?

And again, is it more profitable for a winning capper like RAS to try to get down tons of action in a soft market like CBB Totals, or have people pay $2K?

Why so much anger?

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Why you no longer selling picks then?

If no one wants them why?
    Most definitely a lack a marketing on my part. It is the free market and it is the most perfect economic engine in the world and it decided Statnerds' fate.

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    I'd say that it's probably a tough industry to be competitive in, regardless of his recent success. People that are willing to pay are likely the get rich types and their the ones that fall for all the bells and whistles, which if you look at his site, a government PDF possesses more pizzazz. The logo is creepy too...lol. Then you have the SJ types, who undercut everybody with their low package prices.
    Good shit, government sites do look sharper!!!

Extremely tough industry to break into. That was part of the reason I decided to give the entire first season away for free. I handled that part. My buddy put out name all over message boards in sports forums. The people came and we made them money. He was good at that getting the name out part, but sucked at capping. After our step back in year 2, he left Statnerds. We are still best friends, so that part is good. Wish I would have been smart enough to pay him to keep getting the name. But the name was out, had an established e-mail list, starting using independent monitors. I figured the hard part was, the building in a client base, adding transparency and turning a profit every year was over. All I had to do was win.

Bells and whistles? Think I actually used that on the site somewhere. I didn't charge people a lot of money. The loyal ones got it for $49 every season. New comers $99/month or $299/season. $399 got them the season, bowl season and a money back guarantee if I failed to produce positive Units. Anyway, the point was I'm not a salesman, hate bells and whistle, hate fancy sites...it was only about the winning. And I did that.

Fukk it, all over with now.

Much respect Higher Element for your previous post. We do disagree on some social issues, they are complex, but you didn't let that shape your opinion of me as a capper or a person. Tons of respect for that.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    So StatNerds, where will your plays be posted at?
    Right here...

Please keep in mind I hit 65% last season over 52 plays and there is no way in hell that will continue. A regression will take place.

GL

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like your numbers. Post your picks here and try to gain a following.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5

Good videos, good picks.... Life is good, mon

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

An upset tout

Life is good

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    An upset tout

Life is good
    I truly feel sorry for you. Why would you have such anger issues towards honest, legit, hard working cappers? In the world of sports betting you need every edge and advantage you can get. So to blindly discount someone's abilities based on your own prejudice is counterproductive and inefficient.

If a capper with a transparent 3 year record of 57% winners earns your scorn, than so be it. I would simply advocate you drop your tough guy stance and logically think through the pros and cons of following someone's plays. Unless you do follow, in which case you are a liar and hypocrite.

Here is the link for the season long thread if anyone cares
    . Wasn't the intention, but I thought it silly to keep making a thread every week. And I thought it fitting to use that one as a season long thread just because the 2nd post in the thread is priceless.

Anyway, good luck to all. Keep in mind if I post a play, I have already bet. We are in this together.

Knibb High Football Rules!!!!

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Damn, editing is for pussies???

Oh well.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    I truly feel sorry for you. Why would you have such anger issues towards honest, legit, hard working cappers? In the world of sports betting you need every edge and advantage you can get. So to blindly discount someone's abilities based on your own prejudice is counterproductive and inefficient.

If a capper with a transparent 3 year record of 57% winners earns your scorn, than so be it. I would simply advocate you drop your tough guy stance and logically think through the pros and cons of following someone's plays. Unless you do follow, in which case you are a liar and hypocrite.

Here is the link for the season long thread if anyone cares
    . Wasn't the intention, but I thought it silly to keep making a thread every week. And I thought it fitting to use that one as a season long thread just because the 2nd post in the thread is priceless.

Anyway, good luck to all. Keep in mind if I post a play, I have already bet. We are in this together.

Knibb High Football Rules!!!!
    I have no anger issues.

I enjoy many things. One of them happens to be watching you whine. You made this thread for the attention. Now you got it tout. Figured you would have loved it. For all you supposed ability, you still whine. It's all the better.

Efficient?? Counterproductive?? You can't even make it with your 57%

pretty much proves my point .....you touts can't gamble, can't make a living WITH YOUR OWN PLAYS, and aren't even smart enough to run your own business.

STFU, put your apron on, and make mine well

Thanks again bro

statnerds
    Put me in coach

IEfficient?? Counterproductive?? You can't even make it with your 57%

pretty much proves my point .....you touts can't gamble, can't make a living WITH YOUR OWN PLAYS, and aren't even smart enough to run your own business.
    This clearly proves you not of what you speak. That single line above tells me you have never sat down, figured out how much money it takes to make money sports betting. Tells me you do not understand that a 3-4% ROI in this business is high end of the spectrum. Tells me you fail to grasp the concept what to 'make a living' actually means. Let me run the numbers for you. Good part is it will be here and you can refer back to it often.

So let's say little billy is sitting in class and figures he wants to make a living gambling. Let's say he doesn't want to get rich, but doesn't want to be poor. Let's say he wants to be average and make $38,000/year gambling, which is about the median income in the U.S. according to the Census Bureau. So let's say everything goes great for billy in year one and he has a realized gain of $38,000 on a damn near amazing 5% ROI. How much money did billy have in play to reach this goal?

$760,000.00

So, how did he get that much money in play? Let's say he is that handicapper that hit 57% of his plays, with 65 play/year average. Now we divide his action by his plays.

$11,692.30 per wager.

And since billy is a conservative bettor and understands anything over 3% will spill trouble long term because of the house and their 4.54% edge on -110 plays, and the effect of Gamblers' Ruin on long term results. But he says fukk it anyway and puts 5% of his BR on every play. So divide his play amount by his 5% of BR per play.

$233,846.14

That is one hell of a BR. Makes me think if he has a Bankroll that big, he shouldn't waste his time sports betting, but going legit but buying a fukkton of cheap real estate and other endeavors.

Your post was extremely informative too though. Thanks for the insight.

And I sincerely mean good luck, because you apparently have no fukkin clue of the harsh reality that is sports betting.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

stupid tout

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    stupid tout

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Wow. Thanks for the input, so sharp as to be obtuse. Puts my math illustration to shame.

Do any of you guys ever sit down and wonder why you lose consistently year after year?

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

If u are so good and such a winner.....just make ur huge plays and retire early?

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    This clearly proves you not of what you speak. That single line above tells me you have never sat down, figured out how much money it takes to make money sports betting. Tells me you do not understand that a 3-4% ROI in this business is high end of the spectrum. Tells me you fail to grasp the concept what to 'make a living' actually means. Let me run the numbers for you. Good part is it will be here and you can refer back to it often.

So let's say little billy is sitting in class and figures he wants to make a living gambling. Let's say he doesn't want to get rich, but doesn't want to be poor. Let's say he wants to be average and make $38,000/year gambling, which is about the median income in the U.S. according to the Census Bureau. So let's say everything goes great for billy in year one and he has a realized gain of $38,000 on a damn near amazing 5% ROI. How much money did billy have in play to reach this goal?

$760,000.00

So, how did he get that much money in play? Let's say he is that handicapper that hit 57% of his plays, with 65 play/year average. Now we divide his action by his plays.

$11,692.30 per wager.

And since billy is a conservative bettor and understands anything over 3% will spill trouble long term because of the house and their 4.54% edge on -110 plays, and the effect of Gamblers' Ruin on long term results. But he says fukk it anyway and puts 5% of his BR on every play. So divide his play amount by his 5% of BR per play.

$233,846.14

That is one hell of a BR. Makes me think if he has a Bankroll that big, he shouldn't waste his time sports betting, but going legit but buying a fukkton of cheap real estate and other endeavors.

Your post was extremely informative too though. Thanks for the insight.

And I sincerely mean good luck, because you apparently have no fukkin clue of the harsh reality that is sports betting.
    Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

For helping me to explain to the common dopes that touts are basically a worthless investment. Besides your nice little bankroll run, throw in expenses involved with paying and obtaining the daily tout info, AND YOU ARE IN THE RED!!! not to mention your time involved even if you aren't capping yourself. It's a negative over all deal.

FWIW

I know we are unknowns on the net....

I run my own little ice cream stand and run 500,000 to 550,000 in volume and bring home over 6 figures after expenses. (There has been an initial large number to start but I have gotten 3 fold returns on that # through sell offs and there are big hits along the way.) I think that's a decent ROI. I'm expecting in the near future to run actually much less volume and still maintain my current income all while working less.

I think you, with all your skiiilllls, have found your failure unlikely or even unthinkable. Might'a been the wrong business or you might be the wrong person for that business. Either way, the bottom line is the bottom line, and it DON'T LIE.

GL on your future endeavors

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Thank you

For helping me to explain to the common dopes that touts are basically a worthless investment. Besides your nice little bankroll run, throw in expenses involved with paying and obtaining the daily tout info, AND YOU ARE IN THE RED!!!

I run my own little ice cream stand and run 500,000 to 550,000 in volume and bring home over 6 figures after expenses. (There has been an initial large number to start but I have gotten 3 fold returns on that # through sell offs and there are big hits along the way.) I think that's a decent ROI. I'm expecting in the near future to run actually much less volume and still maintain my current income all while working less.

I think you, with all your skiiilllls, have found your failure unlikely or even unthinkable. Might'a been the wrong business or you might be the wrong person for that business. Either way, the bottom line is the bottom line, and it DON'T LIE.

GL on your future endeavors
    No, thank you. I almost didn't read this post when I saw that you had responded, so glad that I did. Makes me almost believe we could have an honest to goodness adult type discussion on SBR.

I completely agree with your first point. Unless you have a solid BR to start that will allow you to bet enough money to cover the cost of a capper, it makes little to no sense to pay someone. Part of why I kept the prices so ridiculously low. I wanted the guys that maxed out at $100/wager. Those were the people I targeted and wanted to help. Wanted to make life long customers that would understand money management, gambling with money you can afford to lose, building a BR over time instead of going all in. But if you start off by paying some guy $1K for football plays, who may or may not be honest, you had better have a BR that allows you to go $200/play, at least.

When I say congrats on your business success I sincerely mean it. That is America, assuming you are American. Success is out there waiting for damn near every one of us if we want to be in the time or effort or both.

As for your last point, I humbly disagree. Cut throat market out there. I know exactly why I failed. If the product is solid, which I think 57% over 3 seasons is then the problem lies elsewhere.

The problem, in my case, is I hate to be a salesman. Numbers don't lie. 65% last year is 65% no matter how anyone tries to spin or dismiss. But that fact alone is not enough.

The problem is 99% of touts give the other 1% a bad name. I hate the tactics used by touts. And even promoting myself made me uneasy.

Bottom line, to borrow your phrase, I suck at marketing, had no interest in marketing and was naive enough to believe my performance would be enough to bring people. I don't have the time or the money to give Statnerds the proper amount of marketing it would take to hopefully make it successful. Life isn't fair, which is fine by me. So the guys that keep getting the sales are the ones with the bells and the whistles and 100 Star Locks and Games of the Year and Double Revenge Payback Sideways Conference Game of the Decade. He that screams loudest makes the sale. Call me altruistic, stupid or both. I would rather fail honestly than plead and beg for customers, which would do nothing to separate from the 1,000's of touts out there.

Life keeps tripping me up, but I will continue the good fight. Furnace blew up last December. Took $2K from my BR to help pay for it. Won that back and then some. Was on pace to meet my yearly goals, then Variance took $1,400 off my BR in August. Live and learn I suppose.

Good luck and thank you for the most refreshing response I ever read on SBR.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

long babbling nonsense...did not watch the video and did not read a single post... this guy is soft as puppy $hit and terrible at capping games...

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by G's pks View Post
    this guy is...terrible at capping games...

Kindly click on this thread here.

It clearly proves you are either a fukker liar or just plain fukking stupid.

Which is it?

I admit I would have trouble capping that one.

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Someone needs to track both Broke Landers and Statnerds. Broke Landers vs. Statnerds!!!!!!!!

G's pks
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    Someone needs to track both Broke Landers and Statnerds. Broke Landers vs. Statnerds!!!!!!!!
    2 losers...pick your poison...only samsincharge is worse long term...this guy was a complete joke last year...

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by G's pks View Post
    2 losers...pick your poison...only samsincharge is worse long term...this guy was a complete joke last year...
    So after the link to the thread above proved you were a fukkin liar, you tried to go back and lie about last year.

Just make sure you track the season long thread. Now 6-1 +5.61 Units. No fukkin way that lasts. That would be 68% winners since start of last season.

And again I have to wonder if you are this stubborn or just fukkin stupid.

Instead of following my plays and being up 5+ Units in Week 3 of the NFL, you are still busy running around talking shit like a slut that never got a call back after taking it in the ass. If you would have followed the plays I posted last year and the ones so far this year you would have added a minimum of what, 20% to your BR?

Ass.

Is it just jealously? Pissed I can beat the NFL market and you cannot? What is it? I find it fascinating you would rather bash me than make money. Would that be +EV or -EV?

But like I said, make sure you monitor the season long thread closely, cause 68% long term is impossible. There will be a regression to my 56% mean over the last 320 plays. And then at that point you can post every 2 minutes about how awful I am.

G's pks
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    statslut is a fraud.
    this has been proven several times...laughable that he continues with the long winded after the fact picks...

First 12