laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Sitting in traffic court.....

This is why our system is messed up. 4 or 5 months ago was in a car accident in which I was knocked out and my car was totaled, police came to the scene but my glove compartment where proof of insurance was loated could not be open due to the nature of the collison, as I regain consciousess at the er I am greeted by a police officer who tells me to sign at the bottom of a paper. Still being in a dazed state of mind I sign. Turns out I was signing a citation saying I was driving without insurance. I follow up a month later at the clerk taking my proof of insurance but I'm told nocando I have to go in front of the judge. Now....I sit....in a packed room with a bunch of....well you can imagine (I live in LA), having had to take time off to be here for this nonsense. Waste of time and money on both sides.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to do this crap in dec at downey traffic court for a ticket from 2004 ... Good times

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'da told them after the fact to get the jaws of life and open that bitch up

teaserpleaser

In a packed room with a bunch of? mexicans? I live in LA co too thats my guess?

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    You know LA.....just.....insanity....that's how I would describe it. A bunch of J Golds from difference races running around thinking they run this show when they are jus one f bomb away from being shipped out rofl

(Reyes)
    (Reyes)'s Avatar Become A Pro!

boring time you having surely

laclippers504

Judge still hasn't showed up.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Scofflaw

Hopefully it goes smoothly and quickly for you. Nothing worse than sitting in traffic court.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Should have called Deuce, attorney at law.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

You really have a hard-on for mexicans huh?? Maybe you should worry about your race and how they are doing in south central.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Should have called Deuce, attorney at law.
    I rather use the coach's old lawyer instead. Cory B Trots, sir.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sucks to be you

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Anyway.

What they will try to do is stick you for court costs, and drop the charge. If you want to, you can end it there. I would be pissed, though, because that is bullshit.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Thats nuts. Normally if you can speak - they call the insurance company to verify policy. Saves you AND the officer/deputy time and paperwork. Must have been a newbie on the scene that day.

Have fun and hope the case doesn't get moved due to the judge's late start.

laclippers504

Never been so heated in my life. Went off in the courtroom aftr judge wanted me to plead guilty....told him the situation and he says "so I'm assuming you're pleading not guilty". I had the proof of insurance present and everthing. This is some bull effen shit.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Did you get any legal advice before showing up in court? ( even if it was free? )

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by bb_skoots View Post
    Did you get any legal advice before showing up in court? ( even if it was free? )
    This should have been straight forward...no legal advice needed. My car was totaled therefore the insurance couldn't be retrieved from the glove compartment....but I'm dealing with a systemmm that doesn't care. Its sad because today I first hand see how the poor get ******, and how people can be driven to the deep end. Felt like a 3rd world country in the court house

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Don't blame the system. First of all you should keep one of your insurance cards in your vehicle and one on your person. Secondly you shouldn't sign documents that you don't understand.

Most fellow Americans have lost all personal responsibility and are always looking to blame someone else for their mistakes.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

LA , even if you represent yourself in traffic court at least next time know your options beforehand.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

Big Hazard!

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Don't blame the system. First of all you should keep one of your insurance cards in your vehicle and one on your person. Secondly you shouldn't sign documents that you don't understand. Most fellow Americans have lost all personal responsibility and are always looking to blame someone else for their mistakes.
    1. The system you speak of, it blows and it's primary focus is on financial gain... not sorting out right or wrong.
    2. To some extent I agree about personal responsibility but in his case he was knocked out from a car crash where his vehicle was totaled, as he stated he was still in a daze from the accident... and aren't we suppose to trust the men in blue.

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Don't blame the system. First of all you should keep one of your insurance cards in your vehicle and one on your person. Secondly you shouldn't sign documents that you don't understand.

Most fellow Americans have lost all personal responsibility and are always looking to blame someone else for their mistakes.
    Insurance was in the glove comparment, it was smashed in, and my passanger was knocked unconscious with a broken neck where entry to the glove compartment was. Wallet was displaced during the accident. All take fault if I feel fault is due, but not here.

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by bb_skoots View Post
    LA , even if you represent yourself in traffic court at least next time know your options beforehand.
    You're right. The sad part is I spoke with the police and they told me with proof of insurance everything would be negated in court....but apparently not.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I am glad you have been able to keep us updated during this whole event.

Please continue to do so as further events unfold.

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Why fight it? How expensive is a "no insurance" citation? I understand fighting it on principal, but at some point you just have to let them win.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Maybe ask in there if anyone knows a bookie....bunch of degenerates in there anyway

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    You really have a hard-on for mexicans huh?? Maybe you should worry about your race and how they are doing in south central.
    I actually do have a hard on for mexicans my WIFE is mexican so (really ask sam9ball she had an acct here) hard on almost every night sometim:grrr:es during the day.

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by soxwin1917 View Post
    Why fight it? How expensive is a "no insurance" citation? I understand fighting it on principal, but at some point you just have to let them win.
    500 bucks. I paid it today but fully plan on getting it back during the trial.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Would have been nice

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

I actually do have a hard on for mexicans my WIFE is mexican so (really ask sam9ball she had an acct here) hard on almost every night sometim:grrr:es during the day.
    that's good for you... they way you talk about mexicans, I'm pretty she's a wannabe black anyways...

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    that's good for you... they way you talk about mexicans, I'm pretty she's a wannabe black anyways...
    I love 98.7% of mexicans mayan .... Cholos and anti american immigrants not so much... My girl said no mames guey I party with marachis last weekend am going to spend sometime in mescalla jalisco my girls hometown. You can think what you want my mexican american homies would tell you I keep it real some are even brown berets. Funny you think my girl would want to be black for being with a black guy. My last 5 girls have been latinas do I want to be a latino?

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

I love 98.7% of mexicans mayan .... Cholos and anti american immigrants not so much... My girl said no mames guey I party with marachis last weekend am going to spend sometime in mescalla jalisco my girls hometown. You can think what you want my mexican american homies would tell you I keep it real some are even brown berets. Funny you think my girl would want to be black for being with a black guy. My last 5 girls have been latinas do I want to be a latino?
    I don't care who you with, I just find it weird that youre around so many mexicans but think they are anti American because they have the Mexican flag around them, if you chilled with brown berets you would know that the Mexican flag is not about mexico but about culture and pride, just like the Irish are proud of Ireland. And every race has cholos, if anything Latino gangsters respect more than anybody else.