dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Amazon is the best

by far, almost always lowest price and they will do almost anything to make you happy.

Purchased a kindle, great product. Paid for it with a gift card issued by my cc company as rewards. There was a problem with the card and payment was not issued, it was not Amazons fault. Spoke to a rep and they connected me with the cc card and it was taken care of. Amazon then gave me free next day delivery on something that was not their problem. Okay, no biggie.

Purchased a 3d tv after much research and a positively best price from Amazon. The transaction is over. Two days later Amazon is offering $100 off on a new hd tv through my Kindle. They do that for Kindle owners. Too late for me but I said what the heck I will email them not expecting to get the deal. Two hours later a return email telling me that they will honor the $100 off and will adjust my price.

I have an add on that searches for the best price on most products. About 95% of the time it is Amazon.
    Last edited by dante1; 09-13-11 at 12:25 PM.

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I love amazon , a prime member myself

You can even return stuff before 30 days usually, for say - u dont like the color lol.

Theres a student membership that gets you amazon prime benefits - All you need to do is provide your school email addy if you have one , ( .edu ) gives you free 2 day shipping on all eligible items for a year

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4413

shipping is slow as hell though

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

The only problem I had with amazon is in regards to gift certs. I had traded some online poker money for gift certificates with someone. Turns out the gift certs were traded from someone else and were purchased with dubious cc. The remaining balance was forfeited on Amazon.

Learned lesson there...but with everything else Amazon has been great

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    by far, almost always lowest price and they will do almost anything to make you happy. Purchased a kindle, great product. Paid for it with a gift card issued by my cc company as rewards. There was a problem with the card and payment was not issued, it was not Amazons fault. Spoke to a rep and they connected me with the cc card and it was taken care of. Amazon then gave me free next day delivery on something that was not their problem. Okay, no biggie. Purchased a 3d tv after much research and a positively best price from Amazon. The transaction is over. Two days later Amazon is offering $100 off on a new hd tv through my Kindle. They do that for Kindle owners. Too late for me but I said what the heck I will email them not expecting to get the deal. Two hours later a return email telling me that they will honor the $100 off and will adjust my price. I have an add on that searches for the best price on most products. About 95% of the time it is Amazon.
    Which 3dtv you buy? Have a link for it? I was trying to get a good 3dtv too.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Amazon Prime Member...

Just bought a new Mattress and box for it....Nothing like next day shipping for .99 and of course no tax.

I usually use Amazon to buy my bigger things, because I save 100 bucks just on tax. + they are usually cheaper priced than most places, sometimes costco has them beat though.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sportfan View Post
    shipping is slow as hell though

never had that problem, of course a shipping warehouse is in my backyard. But, only some products shipped from it.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Which 3dtv you buy? Have a link for it? I was trying to get a good 3dtv too.

I have a Panasonic in one bedroom and a Sony in another. Above the fire place in the living room I have a 50 inch Pioneer. However after a ton of research and reading literally 100's of reviews I bought the LG 47LW65000, 1080P, 240 HZ. Rated 4.5 stars.

I did not want the active eye glasses because of the weight and the possibility of vision and headache problems. So I believe LG and Samsung are right now the only two passive possibilities. People owning both TVs tell me the quality is almost the same. After a couple negative reviews on Samsung I opted for the LG. Go to Amazon pull it up and check out the reviews. Almost universally they are good.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by dante1; 09-13-11 at 01:11 PM.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Oh, BTW this is a smart tv so I also purchased the better LG dvd. A ton of bad reviews on almost all of these new 3d dvd players. But, the one I purchased for a little more money got decent reviews.