cobalt king
    cobalt king's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking for a Poker backer

Hey Guys, I live in the Philly area and there is a sick tournament series going at the borgata until the 23rd Im looking for someone to back me in one of the events in exchange for half the profit, I have serious chops but no money due to my third child coming soon. I have won two sbr tournies in a row and have been playing online well for 7 years since I turned 18. I've studied the game religiously but had my first kid at 20 and now I have my third on the way and cant spend a dime to play. Anyone in the philly/jersey area that wants to make some money, message me.

cobalt king

Bumpity bump, I know this wont work but if anyone knowa where I can find a backer such as a poker forum or craigslist, I know there are people that do this, come on guys

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

I have done this before but generally it is for people I know

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

How bout me ds!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Your best bet isn't SBR. 2+2 is a place to start and you are going to have to provide more info than winning two SBR tournaments for someone to put and decent amount of coin on you.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: nosniboR11

cobalt king

yeah i know dane i figured id start there since this is sbr but ive played on tilt, stars and bodog for years and have goten really good at sit and goes and mtt's also I lived in AC for a while and have cashed at borgata, ballys and taj tournies over the years and when i can afford it I tear up the 4-8 game at parx in bensalem, ive read all the books, harrington and hellmuth wrote and ive grinded it out for years, IM A GOOD player andI know I can make someone money, but my bills and family responsibilities make it impossible for me to play even if i won 10,000 in a tourny id use it all for my fAmily i need a backer to play.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

We'd all wish to have a backer.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

he won 2 sbr tournies boys, some stake him.

2+2 is alot better than sbr for stakes though.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

well no offense, but if you were really so good then it wouldn't be a risk to use your rent money to back yourself. If you wouldn't risk it on yourself how can you expect someone else to risk their money on you? Especially a total stranger on top of it all...

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Where the high rollers at.

jmathes
    jmathes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Where do I send the money?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

JFC bro you've played online for 7 years and don't know where to get staked? You've either rolled a few backers in your time or suck at the internet.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Everyone knows 2+2.

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

no offence but 3rd kid by 25?nothing in those books where kids come from?

cobalt king

Quote Originally Posted by frankzig View Post
    no offence but 3rd kid by 25?nothing in those books where kids come from?
    **** you bro i wanted my kids they are the only thing that gets me out of bed and Ill have more if my gorgeouswife wants em.

cobalt king

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    JFC bro you've played online for 7 years and don't know where to get staked? You've either rolled a few backers in your time or suck at the internet.
    Ive never rolled anyone and never desired a bcaker cause I could play on my own but I never could build a big roll because everytime I build up my deposit a few hundred I cash it out and pay bills

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I would gladly do it if it was in Cali and I had a bit more details

cobalt king

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    well no offense, but if you were really so good then it wouldn't be a risk to use your rent money to back yourself. If you wouldn't risk it on yourself how can you expect someone else to risk their money on you? Especially a total stranger on top of it all...
    no offense man but thats a dumb statement even if I was daniel negraneu I wouldnt risk the rent money when I have a pregnant wife and two kids under my roof, no matter how good you are gambling is never a guarentee

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where can I sign up up to stake a poker player who has played for 7 years and doesnt have a few hundred bucks to spare.

cobalt king

Bro what you dont you get about the fact that I have three babies a house, a car and I only make 15 an hour and have to feed a family of five, I win at poker and i win at sports check my betphoeinix account whichi just used my winnings to Become a Pro for two years in a row but I wanna play bigger tournaments like 500 dollar buy ins and I cantjustify that anymore with my thirdkidcoming, why cant anyone be constuctive? Is everyone on SBR a douchebag

cobalt king

Hey Profane do you live on the east coast cause if you think any player that is good should risk the money they need to support their family because theres no such thing as losing sometimes than id love to play you heads up when i get a bankroll
    Points Awarded:

gavin gave cobalt king 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gavin
    gavin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9013

0 betpoints? You could build those up playing poker, buy something in the store of value and sell it to get ur entry fee...no saying you arent good but that is a way...here is ten points..lets see what you do what it...i think thats the minimum to sit

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt king View Post
    no offense man but thats a dumb statement even if I was daniel negraneu I wouldnt risk the rent money when I have a pregnant wife and two kids under my roof, no matter how good you are gambling is never a guarentee
    it would only be dumb for the person agreeing to back you. I am sorry you don't see the logic. profane said it best... If you have played for 7 years and were as good as you claim to be, then I would imagine you could be paying your bills off of your winnings instead of asking for hand outs to get bought in to a tournament you may or may not even enter. You're already saying that you use all of the money you get to pay for your family, but what makes anyone so sure that you wouldn't take the money fronted to you for this to pay your rent this month??? I am just trying to help other people who might fall for the scam... It doesn't matter to me what you think, no offense. Enjoy the rest of your day.

AlwaysDrawing
    AlwaysDrawing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

I live in Philly and I'll back you if you can show me your Poker Tracker graph with results showing >5bb/100 at 2/4 or above over a sample of at least 100k hands OR a shark scope with an ROI that is consistent and winning at >$30 average buy in SnGs.

I would give you close to a 0% chance of showing me that, since the only players I know with those stats have money (myself included).

AlwaysDrawing
    AlwaysDrawing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Some questions to answer:

You have QQ UTG 9 handed in the early levels of the tournament. You raise, and get re-raised from a laggy, drunk player who has been playing every hand and raising everything. How do you act pre-flop (facing the 3-bet), and how to you act on the flop when the flop comes: AT5 rainbow, J89 rainbow, K83 spades, or 369 rainbow?

How would you play Q5 on the button in the early stages?

Describe the concept of the "M number".

When would you do if you were down to your last 5BB with Q8 offsuit and someone pushed all in from the button?

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bro what you dont you get about the fact that I have three babies a house, a car and I only make 15 an hour and have to feed a family of five, I win at poker and i win at sports check my betphoeinix account whichi just used my winnings to Become a Pro for two years in a row but I wanna play bigger tournaments like 500 dollar buy ins and I cantjustify that anymore with my thirdkidcoming, why cant anyone be constuctive? Is everyone on SBR a douchebag

you said you CHOSE to have all of your kids... yet make $15 an hour... why would you choose to have family of 5 on those kind of wages ? a sharp guy wouldnt do that.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

why cant anyone be constuctive? Is everyone on SBR a douchebag
    I think the consensus is constructive in that someone supporting a family of five shouldn't be asking anons on the internet for money to gamble with. This place gives you all the opportunity in the world to put together a decent point roll on the poker software by letting pros freeroll into all the tournaments and a store full of stuff you can sell for poker buyins if you're willing to do the work.

If you're as good as you say you are, do the work.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Can anyone back me on my bet on the Yanks, if they come back and win we can split the profits

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    you said you CHOSE to have all of your kids... yet make $15 an hour... why would you choose to have family of 5 on those kind of wages ? a sharp guy wouldnt do that.
    Dude already has 2 kids to support and is flat broke....solution have another kid

cobalt king

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    I think the consensus is constructive in that someone supporting a family of five shouldn't be asking anons on the internet for money to gamble with. This place gives you all the opportunity in the world to put together a decent point roll on the poker software by letting pros freeroll into all the tournaments and a store full of stuff you can sell for poker buyins if you're willing to do the work.

If you're as good as you say you are, do the work.

your right fuzzy but I dont consider sbr people I know personally I do know that some of the posters have knowledge of this stuff so I start threads to get info, and sometimes I get it, and I do do work on sbr poker,if there was a way you could look youd see I came in first twice in a row last month for 1400 points, rolled it over and spent 7,000 points buying 300 bucks in wal mart gift cards, but that doesnt mean I can sell that for poker it goes towards diapers and wipes and food. I could become the next trix trix and have 100,000 points the only way I could use it for poker is if they put bodog cash back in the store

cobalt king

Thanks for all the info guys it was real classy of you to bust on me for having a family, im a hard working contractor who makes just enough to get by and I know 3 kids is a lot but im getting snipped after this one is born and ill gladly struggle the rest of my life to take care of them cause they are beautiful and when they hug me when i walk in the door its better than hitting a four teamer (which ive done multiple times and posted the winning tickets on here, ive been a member for three years) so thanks for being helpful, last time I reach out to the sbr community for advice

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

can't help you, but good luck if you do play!

cobalt king

Thanks bobby, and good luck to you as well in every venture you take part in brotha

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unless you know anyone here, it's hard these days to find a backer

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Ask Broke Lenders....he usually makes bad decisions....

12 Last