WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

anyone use dishnetwork?

I am looking at leaving Comcast, for dishnetwork. Anyone have experience with the dish? It suck?

Anything that you CAN'T get on dish that you regret?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have dishnetwork. I have had numerous problems with them. Customer service leaves much to be desired and I have had numerous billing problems. Namely being overcharged. I recommend going with directv if you wanna go dish.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

the on demand on dish doesn't compare to comcast. DVR is better on dish than comcast so I guess u don't really need on demand if u just record your favorite shows.

The local channels on dish see to blackout alot during a rain storm which sucks. I missed the Peoples Court for like a week

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

its ok.... sometimes weather fukks it up though

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Only probs ive had with is like above some times weather fuks up. Once i was billed wrong said i ordered PPV movies that were never ordered i called them and they took off the fees and gave 2 free PPV movies along with HBO and Starz package for the 3 months. U can do this time and again really just call and say ur not liking the service mention the name "Direct TV" and they start throwing things at u. Not really the right thing to do though.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Only probs ive had with is like above some times weather fuks up. Once i was billed wrong said i ordered PPV movies that were never ordered i called them and they took off the fees and gave 2 free PPV movies along with HBO and Starz package for the 3 months. U can do this time and again really just call and say ur not liking the service mention the name "Direct TV" and they start throwing things at u. Not really the right thing to do though.
    This is exactly the b.s they pulled with me. It's not a mistake. They do it on purpose. I'm sure many people don't even catch it. That's what they're hoping and if you do catch it they won't even take the charges off. They will only give you a credit. So basically they force you to buy their pay per view. That my friend is shady business practice.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I switched to Dish---and I f'in hated Dish. Weather takes it out easily, customer service is so-so.

The on-demand feature of Comcast is worth the price of admission alone. There is nothing I have on Dish that Comcast doesn't have.

I am now currently with DirecTV in my mancave for the Sunday Ticket, but I don't think I am staying with them for very long either.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

It's sucks, go with direcTV.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

i've had billing and CS problems with both dish and direct. no problems with outages. really its whoever is going to give me the most for the least amount. and then i'll switch back and forth every 2 years once my promo runs out and they try to triple my bill.

WvGambler

I pay like 175 a month for Comcast but it includes internet. Feel like I'm getting bent over, especially since NFL package isn't an option on Comcast.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

I hate em.

But I am stuck with them cuz my wife wants the international shows. There international dish package is expensive Also.

Lot of outages when weather hits, and it's not free for then to cone out and fix it.

WvGambler

Fukk. This is becoming a pain in the balls. I wanted you guys to just say they're great

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

it's much cheaper than directv. directv is a ripoff.

WvGambler

Comcast feels like a rip off too but its all I've ever dealt with.

I wanna go with a cheaper route, but if its always blacking out, the wife will stop Fukkin me.

Decisions decisions.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

had both at one time and liked directv much better.

directv is #1 in customer satisfaction for a reason. plus they are including nfl sunday ticket for free.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have Dish.

Love the programming, don't mind the weather fukking with it.

Only negative about it is, No NFL Sunday ticket.

Did just change to receive the Redzone package + more sports channels for 7 bucks a month.

Got rid of HBO and Cinemax since g/f's shows are over, and ad on more sports.

68 a month + taxes now.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I pay like 175 a month for Comcast but it includes internet. Feel like I'm getting bent over, especially since NFL package isn't an option on Comcast.
    shit mang. im paying $64 for i think the 120 and HD-DVR.

WvGambler

Whats directv a month?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    i've had billing and CS problems with both dish and direct. no problems with outages. really its whoever is going to give me the most for the least amount. and then i'll switch back and forth every 2 years once my promo runs out and they try to triple my bill.

WvGambler

shit mang. im paying $64 for i think the 120 and HD-DVR.
    Jesus. I need an itemized bill. What the fukk am I paying for!?!?

blackbeSSt

Jesus. I need an itemized bill. What the fukk am I paying for!?!?
    for $175 you better be gettin every fukkin latino and russian channel out there. along with some high quality wanker vision

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Not bad. It's pretty cheap. We pay $72 a month for the middle package with HD.

WvGambler

I thought dishnetwork had Sunday ticket? I'm getting conflicting information. A website for dish said.they had it...I thought.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

only directv has sunday ticket. dish has the redzone that's it.

if youre a costco member you can get $180 cash card. http://shop.costco.com/Feature/DIRECTV

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

I thought dishnetwork had Sunday ticket? I'm getting conflicting information. A website for dish said.they had it...I thought.
    Dish = Redzone

Direct = Sunday Ticket.

Redzone is decent, and show you football the whole day. Even if it isn't in redzone.

WvGambler

Yea I have redzone on Comcast. Love it. I thought both were an option on dish.

May look at directv now. Or may call Comcast and say "what the shit?"

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Theirs honestly not much too different in DirectTV and Dish Network....in terms of reliability, customer service, ect. I guess the only difference is that DirectTV has the NFL sunday ticket.

blackbeSSt

Yea I have redzone on Comcast. Love it. I thought both were an option on dish. May look at directv now. Or may call Comcast and say "what the shit?"
    throw the "im gonna cancel card" at comcast and see what they will give you. just be prepared to have a backup just in case you get someone who doesn't give a fukk and flips the switch on you right there

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

throw the "im gonna cancel card" at comcast and see what they will give you. just be prepared to have a backup just in case you get someone who doesn't give a fukk and flips the switch on you right there

That's what I just tried with Dish.

was talking to customer service, got done answering my question. Asked me if I liked sports, I said "of course", they asked about the redzone package, and told them I already planned on ordering it.

I told them I was dropping Cinemax and HBO. Was hoping they'd come back with a counter offer, when I told them I couldn't justify spending 25 bucks a month on it. No dice....Looks like I'm stuck watching Teen Mom and HGTV Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

don't go with dish. customer service is garbage. when i upgraded to hd the techs weren't able to find a spot to get signal. i called to cancel when the techs were still here and they told me there would be a cancelation fee. hadn't had hd for 1 sec and they wanted to charge a cancelation fee!! after taking care of that they sent out another tech to try to find a spot. guy butchered the tree in front of my house and couldn't find a spot to get signal. finally the 3rd guy came out and suggested mounting in my back yard. why these other dumbfucks didn't suggest that is beyond me. oh, and they won't send out a field supervisor to your house. they only deal with subcontractors.

p.s. their sports packages suck.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    That's what I just tried with Dish. was talking to customer service, got done answering my question. Asked me if I liked sports, I said "of course", they asked about the redzone package, and told them I already planned on ordering it. I told them I was dropping Cinemax and HBO. Was hoping they'd come back with a counter offer, when I told them I couldn't justify spending 25 bucks a month on it. No dice....Looks like I'm stuck watching Teen Mom and HGTV Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
    for some reason they won't budge on the premium channels.

i will say this about dish, all of the screw ups have been fixed in the past (most were during the first couple billing cycles). and every time they have given me 3 free PPV codes.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Unlike what other people have mentioned, I've never once had a billing problem or anything like that.

Customer Service has been great...Wanted to watch a Fedor fight on Showtime one night...Hopped online talked to customer service, they ordered it up, talked to them next day and said I wanted to cancel showtime. No charge, I would of been fine paying 5 bucks for service change/charge or something, but no cost was nice.

When I just cancelled HBO Cinemax I was being pro rated for the 8 days of use since billing cycle ended.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    That's what I just tried with Dish.

was talking to customer service, got done answering my question. Asked me if I liked sports, I said "of course", they asked about the redzone package, and told them I already planned on ordering it.

I told them I was dropping Cinemax and HBO. Was hoping they'd come back with a counter offer, when I told them I couldn't justify spending 25 bucks a month on it. No dice....Looks like I'm stuck watching Teen Mom and HGTV Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

Hmm...I did this same thing and they gave me NFL Network with Redzone and also Big Ten Network. I also got MLB Network now as Dish just picked that up and i still have same bill.

WvGambler

Well I broke down and got directv. Getting all NFL games and redzone channel for 60 dollars less a month than Comcast. +EV

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Mountaineers TD

12 Last