ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

Attitude

"It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect It's successful outcome."
    -William James

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
    - Martha Washington

?To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you?re not, pretend you are."
    --Muhammad Ali

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'ts not what happens to you that determines how far you will go in life ;it is how you handle what happens to you.
    Zig Ziglar

"Two men look out the same prison bars; one sees mud and the other stars." Frederick Langbridge

"Everyone has his burden. What counts is how you carry it."
    --Merle Miller

"Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure. The way you thing about a fact may defeat you before you ever do anything about it. You are overcome by the fact because you think you are." Norman Vincent Peale

"The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind." Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

"To different minds, the same world is a hell, and a heaven." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Always look at what you have left.Never look at what you have lost." Robert H. Schuller

"If you believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won't, you most assuredly won't. Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad." Denis Waitley

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."
    Lou Holtz

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. Buddha

Points Awarded:

MB gave ttwarrior1 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ttwarrior1

The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity." Winston Churchill

"Our attitudes control our lives. Attitudes are a secret power working twenty-four hours a day, for good or bad. It is of paramount importance that we know how to harness and control this great force." Tom Blandi

Positive thinking won't let you do anything but it will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.
    Zig Ziglar

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

"A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change."
    Earl Nightingale

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind."
    William James

"I am convinced that attitude is the key to success or failure in almost any of life's endeavors. Your attitude-your perspective, your outlook, how you feel about yourself, how you feel about other people-determines you priorities, your actions, your values. Your attitude determines how you interact with other people and how you interact with yourself." Carolyn Warner

"Eagles come in all shapes and sizes, but you will recognize them chiefly by their attitudes. "
    Charles Prestwich Scott

Make a game of finding something positive in every situation.Ninety-five percent of your emotions are determined by how you interpret events to yourself.
    Brian Tracy

"Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. " Charles Swindoll

"I won't accept anything less than the best a player's capable of doing...and he has the right to expect the best that I can do for him and the team!" Lou Holtz

To respond is positive, to react is negative.
    Zig Ziglar

"I am a lucky man." Christopher Reeve

"I believe life is to be lived, not worked, enjoyed, not agonized, loved, not hated." Leland Bartlett

"Happiness is not by chance, but by choice."
    Jim Rohn

"Live with passion." Anthony Robbins

"A man without a smiling face must not open a shop."Chinese Proverb

"Whether zeal or moderation be the point we aim at, let us keep the fire out of the one, and the frost out of the other."
    Joseph Addison

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    Herm Albright

ttwarrior1

Winning quotes

"Never letting the competition define you. Instead, you have to define yourself based on a point of view you care deeply about."
    -Tom Chappel

"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them ? every day begin the task anew."
    - Saint Francis de Sales

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." Aristotle

"Winning is everything, to win is all there is. Only those poor souls buried beneath the battlefield understand this." SEAL Team Saving

"All right Mister, let me tell you what winning means? you're willing to go longer, work harder, give more than anyone else." Vince Lombardi

"Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is."
    Zig Ziglar

"The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them, learn about them, or even seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them."
    Denis Waitley

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats." Bertie C. Forbes

"The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win."
    Roger Bannister

"You can't be a winner and be afraid to lose." Charles Lynch

"Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories." Polybius

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." Thomas Paine

"Guts are a combination of confidence, courage, conviction, strength of character, stick-to-itiveness, pugnaciousness, backbone, and intestinal fortitude. They are mandatory for anyone who wants to get to and stay at the top." D.A. Benton

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even." Muhammad Ali

"The first man gets the oyster, the second man gets the shell." Andrew Carnegie

"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong." Abraham Lincoln

"Never let defeat have the last word." Tibetan Proverb

"There is no victory at bargain basement prices." Dwight David Eisenhower

"There are many victories worse than a defeat." George Eliot

"Your ability to be a winner 100 percent of the time is based upon giving up the notion that losing at anything is equivalent to being a loser." Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." Vince Lombardi

"The man who wins may have been counted out several times, but he didn't hear the referee."
    H. E. Jansen

"Nobody remembers who came in second." Charles Schulz

"That's what learning is, after all; not whether we lose the game, but how we lose and how we've changed because of it and what we take away from it that we never had before, to apply to other games. Losing, in a curious way, is winning." Richard David Bach

"If any thing goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you." Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If you are going to be a successful duck hunter, you must go where the ducks are."
    Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?"Chuck Coonradt

"If winning isn't important, why keep score?"from Star Trek: The Next Generation

"Everybody is born with an equal chance to become just as unequal as he or she possibly can."Anonymous

"Winners dwell on and hold the self-image of that person they would most like to become. They get a vivid, clear, emotional, sensory picture of themselves as if they had already achieved their new role in life."Anonymous

"Ever notice that people never say "It's only a game" when they're winning?" Ivern Ball

"The prizes go to those who meet emergencies successfully. And the way to meet emergencies is to do each daily task the best we can; to act as though the eye of opportunity were always upon us. In the hundred-yard race the winner doesn't cross the tape line a dozen strides ahead of the field. He wins by inches. So we find it in ordinary business life. The big things that come our way are seldom the result of long thought or careful planning, but rather they are the fruit of seed planted in the daily routine of our work." William Feather

"There is no relief at it being over. There is the joy of winning it." Stefi Graf

"There's nothing to winning, really. That is, if you happen to be blessed with a keen eye, an agile mind, and no scruples whatsoever."Alfred Hitchcock

"The art of winning in business is in working hard - not taking things too seriously."
    Albert Green Hubbard

"I am not one of those who think that coming in second or third is winning."
    Robert Francis Kennedy

"And the trouble with me is that my ego just can't accept a loss. I suppose that if I were more perfectly adjusted, I would toss off defeat, but my name is on this ball club. Thirty-six men publicly reflect me and reflect on me, and it's a matter of my pride." Vince Lombardi

"Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything." Vince Lombardi

"Winners are naturally bullish."Merrill Lynch

"If you cannot win, make the one ahead of you break the record." Jan McKeithen

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." John Milton

"When you win, nothing hurts." Joe Namath

"The most momentous thing in human life is the art of winning the soul to good or to evil."Pythagoras

"My serve was there, everything was just clicking. Those are the days you dream about, especially in a final." Pete Sampras

"There are only two places in this league: first place and no place." Tom Seaver

"We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat." Queen Victoria

"You carry on no matter what are the obstacles. You simply refuse to give up - and, when the going gets tough, you get tougher. And, you win."
    Vince Lombardi

"You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time."Vince Lombardi

"If you'll not settle for anything less than your best, you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish in your lives."Vince Lombardi

"It's not whether you get knocked down: it's whether you get up."
    Vince Lombardi

"Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."
    Vince Lombardi

"Regardless of what you do put in, every game boils down to doing the things you do best and doing them over and over again."
    Vince Lombardi

"Winning is not everything - but making an effort to win is."
    Vince Lombardi

"Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result."
    Vince Lombardi

"It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're No. 1. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner."
    Vince Lombardi

"Once you agree upon the price you and your family must pay for success it enables you to ignore the minor hurts, the opponent's pressure, the temporary failures."
    Vince Lombardi

"Success demands singleness of purpose."
    Vince Lombardi

"If winning isn't important, why keep score?" Star Trek: The Next Generation

"Everybody is born with an equal chance to become just as unequal as he or she possibly can." Anonymous

"Winners dwell on and hold the self-image of that person they would most like to become. They get a vivid, clear, emotional, sensory picture of themselves as if they had already achieved their new role in life." Anonymous

"That's what learning is, after all; not whether we lose the game, but how we lose and how we've changed because of it and what we take away from it that we never had before, to apply to other games. Losing, in a curious way, is winning." Richard Bach

"Ever notice that people never say "It's only a game" when they're winning?" Ivern Ball

"If any thing goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you." Paul Bryant

"If you are going to be a successful duck hunter, you must go where the ducks are." Paul Bryant

"The prizes go to those who meet emergencies successfully. And the way to meet emergencies is to do each daily task the best we can; to act as though the eye of opportunity were always upon us. In the hundred-yard race the winner doesn't cross the tape line a dozen strides ahead of the field. He wins by inches. So we find it in ordinary business life. The big things that come our way are seldom the result of long thought or careful planning, but rather they are the fruit of seed planted in the daily routine of our work." William Feather

"There is no relief at it being over. There is the joy of winning it." Steffi Graf

"There's nothing to winning, really. That is, if you happen to be blessed with a keen eye, an agile mind, and no scruples whatsoever." Alfred Hitchcock

"The art of winning in business is in working hard ? not taking things too seriously."
    Elbert Hubbard

"I am not one of those who think that coming in second or third is winning." Robert Kennedy

"And the trouble with me is that my ego just can't accept a loss. I suppose that if I were more perfectly adjusted, I would toss off defeat, but my name is on this ball club. Thirty-six men publicly reflect me and reflect on me, and it's a matter of my pride." Vince Lombardi

"Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything." Vince Lombardi

"Winners are naturally bullish." Merrill Lynch

"If you cannot win, make the one ahead of you break the record." Jan McKeithen

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." John Milton

"When you win, nothing hurts." Joe Namath

"The most momentous thing in human life is the art of winning the soul to good or to evil." Pythagoras

"My serve was there, everything was just clicking. Those are the days you dream about, especially in a final." Pete Sampras

"There are only two places in this league: first place and no place." Tom Seaver

"We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat." Queen Victoria

"The act of taking the first step is what separates the winners from the losers."
    Brian Tracy

"There are 100 men seeking security to one able man who is willing to risk his fortune."
    J. Paul Getty

"To win without risk is to triumph without glory." Pierre Corneille

"You can do anything you wish to do, have anything you wish to have, be anything you wish to be." Robert Collier

"Develop the winning edge; small differences in your performance can lead to large differences in your results."
    Brian Tracy

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible."Anonymous

"There is one quality that one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it." Napoleon Hill

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

"Feed me." - ttwarrior
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: yisman, jarvol, and InTheDrink

ttwarrior1

Quotes for Discipline

Discipline Quotes: Stay on Course

Discipline Quotes to help you keep on the course to victory

"The secret of success is constancy of purpose."
    --Benjamin Disraeli

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
    -Aristotle

"In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves? self-discipline with all of them came first." Harry S. Truman

The future belongs to the competent.It belongs to those who are very,very good at what they do.It does not belong to the well meaning.
    Brian Tracy

"If you will discipline yourself to make your mind self-sufficient you will thereby be least vulnerable to injury from the outside." Critias of Athen

"He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory." Jyrus

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." Buddha

"What it lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not do." Aristotle

"The first and the best victory is to conquer self." Plato

Unless you change how you are,you will always have what you've got.
    Jim Rohn

"First we form habits, then they form us. Conquer your bad habits or they will conquer you."
    Rob Gilbert

"The great end of education is to discipline rather than to furnish the mind; to train it to the use of its own powers, rather than fill it with the accumulation of others." Tyron Edwards

"No man or woman has achieved an effective personality who is not self-disciplined. Such discipline must not be an end in itself, but must be directed to the development of resolute Christian character." John S. Bonnell

"If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self." Napoleon Hill

People create their own success by learning what they need to learn and then by practcing it until they become proficient at it.
    Brian Tracy

"No horse gets anywhere until he is harnessed. No stream or gas drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined." Harry Emerson Fosdick

"The only discipline that lasts is self-discipline." Bum Phillips

"A colt is worth little if it does not break its halter." Proverb

"Nothing of importance is ever achieved without discipline. I feel myself sometimes not wholly in sympathy with some modern educational theorists, because I think that they underestimate the part that discipline plays. But the discipline you have in your life should be one determined by your own desires and your own needs, not put upon you by society or authority."
    Bertrand Russell

"He who lives without discipline dies without honor." Icelandic Proverb

"Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees or the stars; you have a right to be here."From Disiderata

Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves; they therefore remain bound. The man who does not shrink from self-crucifixion can never fail to accomplish the object upon which his heart is set. This is true of earthly as of heavenly things. Even the man whose object is to acquire wealth must be prepared to make great personal sacrifices before he can accomplish his object; and how much more so he who would realize a strong and well-poised life."
    James Allen

"It's not the work that's hard, it's the discipline."Anonymous

"You never will be the person you can be if pressure, tension ard discipline are taken out of your life."Dr. James G. Bilkey

We can have more than we've got because we can become more than we are.
    Jim Rohn

"That discipline which corrects the eagerness of worldly passions, which fortifies the heart with virtuous principles, which enlightens the mind with useful knowledge, and furnishes to it matter of enjoyment from within itself, is of more consequence to real felicity than all the provisions which we can make of the goods of fortune."Robert Blair

"No man or woman has achieved an effective personality who is not self-disciplined. Such discipline must not be an end in itself, but must be directed to the development of resolute Christian character."John Sutherland Bodell

"Discipline is remembering what you want."David Campbell

"Hands untrained in the use of tools destroy what they want to build. It takes skill to use tools to achieve the result desired, whether it's tearing down an old house or building a new one. Skepticism is a tool serving both purposes. But it must be used by a trained mind, a mind capable of disciplined thinking."
    J.B. Charles

Every study of high achieving men and women proves that greatness in life is only possible when you become outstanding at your chosen field.
    Brian Tracy

"It takes tremendous discipline to control the influence, the power you have over other people's lives."Clint Eastwood

"The great end of education is to discipline rather than to furnish the mind; to train it to the use of its own powers, rather than fill it with the accumulation of others."Tyron Edwards

"If we conducted ourselves as sensibly in good times as we do in hard times, we could all acquire a competence."William Feather

Pity the man who inherits a million and isn't a millionaire.Here's what would be pitiful,if your income grew and you didn't.
    Jim Rohn

ttwarrior1

Control and power quotes from some of the world's most powerful world and thought leaders

"Everybody thinks of changing humanity, but nobody thinks of changing himself."
    - Leo Tolstoy

"Immense power is acquired by assuring yourself in your secret reveries that you were born to control affairs."
    -- Andrew Carnegie

"Warriors take chances. Like everyone else, they fear failing, but they refuse to let fear control them."
    Ancient Samurai saying

"If you're always in a hurry, always trying to get ahead of the other guy, or someone else's performance is what motivates you, then that person is in control of you.
    "Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

"Flow with whatever is happening and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate."
    Chuang Tzu

"No man is fit to command another that cannot command himself."
    William Penn

"No one can make you jealous, angry, vengeful, or greedy - unless you let him."
    Napoleon Hill

"Your brain shall be your servant instead of your master, Your will rule it instead of allowing it to rule you."
    Charles E. Popplestone

"Never allow anyone to rain on your parade and thus cast a pall of gloom and defeat on the entire day. Remember that no talent, no self-denial, no brains, no character, are required to set up in the fault-finding business. Nothing external can have any power over you unless you permit it. Your time is too precious to be sacrificed in wasted days combating the menial forces of hate, jealously, and envy. Guard your fragile life carefully. Only God can shape a flower, but any foolish child can pull it to pieces."
    Og Mandino

"Nature has placed mankind under the government of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure? they govern us in all we do, in all we say, in all we think: every effort we can make to throw off our subjection, will serve but to demonstrate and confirm it." John Bentham

"Nothing gives a person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances." Thomas Jefferson

"You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair." Chinese Proverb

"It is easy to be tolerant of the principles of other people if you have none of your own."
    Samurai maxim & Chinese adage

"The mere possession of a gun is, in itself, an urge to kill, not only by design, but by accident, by madness, by fright, by bravado."Louisa May Alcott

"The control center of your life is your attitude."Anonymous

"The best time to hold your tongue is the time you feel you must say something or bust."
    Josh Billings

"I am not a glutton - I am an explorer of food."Erma Bobeck

"As long as I have you there is just one other thing I'll always need - tremendous self control."
    Ashleigh Brilliant

"Prudent, cautious self-control, is wisdom's root."Robert Burns

"The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts."Charles Robert Darwin

"Not to have control over the senses is like sailing in a rudderless ship, bound to break to pieces on coming in contact with the very first rock."Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi ?

"If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self."Napoleon Hill

"No one can make you jealous, angry, vengeful, or greedy ? unless you let him."Napolean Hill

"Self-disciplined begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don't control what you think, you can't control what you do. Simply, self-discipline enables you to think first and act afterward."Napolean Hill

"When any fit of anxiety or gloominess or perversion of the mind lays hold upon you, make it a rule not to publish it by complaints but exert your whole care to hide it. By endeavoring to hide it, you will drive it away."Dr. Samuel Johnson

"When once a man has made celebrity necessary to his happiness, he has put it in the power of the weakest and most timorous malignity, if not to take away his satisfaction, at least to withhold it. His enemies may indulge their pride by airy negligence and gratify their malice by quiet neutrality."
    Dr. Samuel Johnson

"Such power there is in clear-eyed self-restraint."James Russell Lowell

"He that would govern others, first should be The Master of himself." Philip Massinger

"It is so easy to be confrontive without being informative; indignant without being intelligent; impulsive without being insightful."Neal A. Maxwell

"The Savior's constant desire and effort were to implant in the mind right thoughts, pure motives, noble ideals, knowing full well that right words and actions would inevitably follow.
    He taught, and modern physiology and psychology confirm, that hate and jealousy and other evil passions destroy a man's physical vigor and efficiency. What a man continually thinks about determines his actions in times of opportunity and stress. A man's reaction to his appetites and impulses when they are roused gives the measure of that man's character. In these reactions are revealed the man's power to govern or his forced servility to yield."
    David Oman McKay

"He who reigns within himself, and rules passions, desires, and fears, is more than a king."
    John Milton

"The last and favorite resort of the clergy when they are questioned too closely is: their questioners simply don't understand; they are "uninstructed and amateurish." "Unless you accept our interpretation of the texts," the layman is told, "you obviously do not understand them. And if you don't understand them, you have no right to question our interpretation of them!"
    And so the layman is put in his place. The guarded degree, the closed corporation, the technical vocabulary, these are the inner redoubt, the inviolable stronghold of usurped authority. Locked safe within the massive and forbidding walls of institution and formality lies what the Egyptians called "the king's secret," the secret of controlling the past."
    Hugh Nibley

"Wherever we look in the ancient world the past has been controlled, but nowhere more rigorously than in the history of the Christian church. The methods of control, wherever we find them, fall under three general heads which might be described as (a) the invention, (b) the destruction, and (c) the alteration of documents."
    Hugh Nibley

"He who cannot obey himself will be commanded. That is the nature of living creatures."
    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzche

"The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you."
    Anthony (Tony) Robbins

"O, it is excellent to have a giant's strength, but it is tyrannous to use it like a giant."
    William Shakespeare

"They that have power to hurt and will do none,
    That do not do the thing they most do show,
    Who, moving others, are themselves as stone,
    Unmoved, cold, and to temptation slow;
    They rightly do inherit Heaven?s graces,
    And husband nature?s riches from expense;
    They are the lords and owners of their faces,
    Others but stewards of their excellence.
    The summer?s flower is to the summer sweet,
    Though to itself it only live and die;
    But if that flower with base infection meet,
    The basest weed outbraves his dignity:
    For Sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds:
    Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds.
    William Shakespeare

"When we direct our thoughts properly, we can control our emotions..."
    W. Clement Stone

"When you do the wrong thing, knowing it is wrong, you do so because you haven't developed the habit of effectively controlling or neutralizing strong inner urges that tempt you, or because you have established the wrong habits and don't know how to eliminate them effectively."
    William Clement Stone

"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still."
    Tao Te Ching

"Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control, -
    These three alone lead life to sovereign power."
    Alfred Lord Tennyson

"When angry, count four; when very angry, swear."
    Mark Twain

"Four innate sentiments dispose people to a universal moral sense. These are sympathy, fairness, self-control and duty."
    James Q. Wilson

"If you can control a man's thinking, you do not have to worry about his actions. When you determine what a man shall think you do not have to concern yourself about what he will do. If you make a man feel that he is inferior, you do not have to compel him to accept an inferior status, for he will seek it himself . If you make a man think that he is justly an outcast, you do not have to order him to the back door. He will go without being told; and if there is no back door, his very nature will demand one."
    George G. Woodson

"Control your destiny or somebody else will."
    Jack Welsh

"You must be on top of change or change will be on top of you."
    Mark Victor Hansen

"Everybody thinks of changing humanity, but nobody thinks of changing himself."
    - Leo Tolstoy

"Immense power is acquired by assuring yourself in your secret reveries that you were born to control affairs."
    -- Andrew Carnegie

"Warriors take chances. Like everyone else, they fear failing, but they refuse to let fear control them."
    Ancient Samurai saying

"If you're always in a hurry, always trying to get ahead of the other guy, or someone else's performance is what motivates you, then that person is in control of you.
    "Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

"Flow with whatever is happening and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate."
    Chuang Tzu

"No man is fit to command another that cannot command himself."
    William Penn

"No one can make you jealous, angry, vengeful, or greedy - unless you let him."
    Napoleon Hill

"Your brain shall be your servant instead of your master, Your will rule it instead of allowing it to rule you."
    Charles E. Popplestone

"Never allow anyone to rain on your parade and thus cast a pall of gloom and defeat on the entire day. Remember that no talent, no self-denial, no brains, no character, are required to set up in the fault-finding business. Nothing external can have any power over you unless you permit it. Your time is too precious to be sacrificed in wasted days combating the menial forces of hate, jealously, and envy. Guard your fragile life carefully. Only God can shape a flower, but any foolish child can pull it to pieces."
    Og Mandino

"Nature has placed mankind under the government of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure? they govern us in all we do, in all we say, in all we think: every effort we can make to throw off our subjection, will serve but to demonstrate and confirm it." John Bentham

"Nothing gives a person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances." Thomas Jefferson

"You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair." Chinese Proverb

"It is easy to be tolerant of the principles of other people if you have none of your own."
    Samurai maxim & Chinese adage

"The mere possession of a gun is, in itself, an urge to kill, not only by design, but by accident, by madness, by fright, by bravado."Louisa May Alcott

"The control center of your life is your attitude."Anonymous

"The best time to hold your tongue is the time you feel you must say something or bust."
    Josh Billings

"I am not a glutton - I am an explorer of food."Erma Bobeck

"As long as I have you there is just one other thing I'll always need - tremendous self control."
    Ashleigh Brilliant

"Prudent, cautious self-control, is wisdom's root."Robert Burns

"The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts."Charles Robert Darwin

"Not to have control over the senses is like sailing in a rudderless ship, bound to break to pieces on coming in contact with the very first rock."Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi ?

"If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self."Napoleon Hill

"No one can make you jealous, angry, vengeful, or greedy ? unless you let him."Napolean Hill

"Self-disciplined begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don't control what you think, you can't control what you do. Simply, self-discipline enables you to think first and act afterward."Napolean Hill

"When any fit of anxiety or gloominess or perversion of the mind lays hold upon you, make it a rule not to publish it by complaints but exert your whole care to hide it. By endeavoring to hide it, you will drive it away."Dr. Samuel Johnson

"When once a man has made celebrity necessary to his happiness, he has put it in the power of the weakest and most timorous malignity, if not to take away his satisfaction, at least to withhold it. His enemies may indulge their pride by airy negligence and gratify their malice by quiet neutrality."
    Dr. Samuel Johnson

"Such power there is in clear-eyed self-restraint."James Russell Lowell

"He that would govern others, first should be The Master of himself." Philip Massinger

"It is so easy to be confrontive without being informative; indignant without being intelligent; impulsive without being insightful."Neal A. Maxwell

"The Savior's constant desire and effort were to implant in the mind right thoughts, pure motives, noble ideals, knowing full well that right words and actions would inevitably follow.
    He taught, and modern physiology and psychology confirm, that hate and jealousy and other evil passions destroy a man's physical vigor and efficiency. What a man continually thinks about determines his actions in times of opportunity and stress. A man's reaction to his appetites and impulses when they are roused gives the measure of that man's character. In these reactions are revealed the man's power to govern or his forced servility to yield."
    David Oman McKay

"He who reigns within himself, and rules passions, desires, and fears, is more than a king."
    John Milton

"The last and favorite resort of the clergy when they are questioned too closely is: their questioners simply don't understand; they are "uninstructed and amateurish." "Unless you accept our interpretation of the texts," the layman is told, "you obviously do not understand them. And if you don't understand them, you have no right to question our interpretation of them!"
    And so the layman is put in his place. The guarded degree, the closed corporation, the technical vocabulary, these are the inner redoubt, the inviolable stronghold of usurped authority. Locked safe within the massive and forbidding walls of institution and formality lies what the Egyptians called "the king's secret," the secret of controlling the past."
    Hugh Nibley

"Wherever we look in the ancient world the past has been controlled, but nowhere more rigorously than in the history of the Christian church. The methods of control, wherever we find them, fall under three general heads which might be described as (a) the invention, (b) the destruction, and (c) the alteration of documents."
    Hugh Nibley

"He who cannot obey himself will be commanded. That is the nature of living creatures."
    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzche

"The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you."
    Anthony (Tony) Robbins

"O, it is excellent to have a giant's strength, but it is tyrannous to use it like a giant."
    William Shakespeare

"They that have power to hurt and will do none,
    That do not do the thing they most do show,
    Who, moving others, are themselves as stone,
    Unmoved, cold, and to temptation slow;
    They rightly do inherit Heaven?s graces,
    And husband nature?s riches from expense;
    They are the lords and owners of their faces,
    Others but stewards of their excellence.
    The summer?s flower is to the summer sweet,
    Though to itself it only live and die;
    But if that flower with base infection meet,
    The basest weed outbraves his dignity:
    For Sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds:
    Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds.
    William Shakespeare

"When we direct our thoughts properly, we can control our emotions..."
    W. Clement Stone

"When you do the wrong thing, knowing it is wrong, you do so because you haven't developed the habit of effectively controlling or neutralizing strong inner urges that tempt you, or because you have established the wrong habits and don't know how to eliminate them effectively."
    William Clement Stone

"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still."
    Tao Te Ching

"Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control, -
    These three alone lead life to sovereign power."
    Alfred Lord Tennyson

"When angry, count four; when very angry, swear."
    Mark Twain

"Four innate sentiments dispose people to a universal moral sense. These are sympathy, fairness, self-control and duty."
    James Q. Wilson

"If you can control a man's thinking, you do not have to worry about his actions. When you determine what a man shall think you do not have to concern yourself about what he will do. If you make a man feel that he is inferior, you do not have to compel him to accept an inferior status, for he will seek it himself . If you make a man think that he is justly an outcast, you do not have to order him to the back door. He will go without being told; and if there is no back door, his very nature will demand one."
    George G. Woodson

"Control your destiny or somebody else will."
    Jack Welsh

"You must be on top of change or change will be on top of you."
    Mark Victor Hansen

ttwarrior1

Willpower

"The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore."Dale Carnegie

"You have a very powerful mind that can make anything happen as long as you keep yourself centered. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
    Mahatma Gandhi

"Will power is to the mind like a strong blind man who carries on his shoulders a lame man who can see."
    Arthur Schopenhauer

"The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them." Robert Frost

"Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes." Chinese Proverb

"A man can do all things if he but wills them." Leon Battista Alberti

"People do not lack strength; they lack will." Victor Hugo

"What you have to do and the way you have to do it is incredibly simple. Whether you are willing to do it, that's another matter." Peter F. Drucker

"Will is character in action." William Mcdougall

"It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it." Douglas Macarthur

"Free will and determinism are like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you is determinism. The way you play your hand is free will." Norman Cousins

"Self-will so ardent and active that it will break a world to pieces to make a stool to sit on."
    Richard Cecil

"They can conquer who believe they can. He has not learned the first lesson is life who does not every day surmount a fear." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The time is always right to do what is right." Martin Luther King Jr.

"Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your promotion."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

"'Tis better to be alone than in bad company.'" George Washington

"It is not because things are different that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult."Anonymous

ttwarrior1

Victory Quotes

"Everyone who?s ever taken a shower has an idea. It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off and does something about it who makes a difference."
    -- Nolan Buhnell
    BR> "The softest things in the world overcome the hardest things in the world." Lao-Tzu

"The ultimate victory in competition is derived from the inner satisfaction of knowing that you have done your best and that you have gotten the most out of what you had to give." Howard Cosell

"The will to conquer is the first condition of victory." Ferdinand Foch

"Men talk as if victory were something fortunate. Work is victory." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I would rather lose in a cause that will some day win, than win in a cause that will some day lose!" Woodrow T. Wilson

"The most dangerous moment comes with victory," Napoleon Bonaparte

"The people who remained victorious were less like conquerors than conquered." St. Augustine

"One may know how to gain a victory, and know not how to use it." Pedro Calderon de la Barca

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory." General George S. Patton
    "To the girls that gave me a hard time in high school. I want to say thank you. This is a victory for all the nerds out there." Amy Van Dyken

"Victory is a political fiction." Anonymous

"If you live long enough, you'll see every victory turn into a defeat." Simone de Beauvoir

"There are important cases in which the difference between half a heart and a whole heart makes just the difference between signal defeat and a splendid victory." A.H.K. Boyd

"The victory of endurance born." William Cullen Bryant

"The V sign is the symbol of the unconquerable will of the occupied territories, and a portent of the fate awaiting the Nazi tyranny." Winston Churchill

"Victory is the beautiful, bright-colored flower. Transport is the stem without which it could never have blossomed." Winston Churchill

". . . You ask, What is our policy? I will say; It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us: to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, What is our aim? I can answer with one word: Victory ? victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival." Winston Churchill
    The courses of the Victory were absorbed into the main, then her topsails went, and then her top-gallants. She was now no more than a dead fly?s wing on a sheet of spider?s web; and even this fragment diminished. Anne could hardly bear to see the end, and yet she resolved not to flinch. The admiral?s flag sank behind the watery line, and in a minute the very trunk of the last main-mast stole away. The Victory was gone. Thomas Hardy

". . . He had by now divested himself of schoolboy attitudes. He was unburdened by the desire to be a martyr or a hero. Any thoughts in that direction, Belgica effectively had quashed. Heroism in the corrupt sense of the age almost by definition, meant wanton self-sacrifice and bungling. For neither had he any taste. He wanted rational attainment; victory, but not at any price. No point upon the globe was worth the cost of a single life." Roland Huntford

"What excites and interests the looker-on at life, what the romances and the statues celebrate, and the grim civic monuments remind us of, is the everlasting battle of the powers of light with those of darkness; with heroism reduced to its bare chance, yet ever and anon snatching victory from the jaws of death." William James

"Our cause, then, must be intrusted to, and conducted by, its own undoubted friends ? those whose hands are free, whose hearts are in the work ? who do care for the result. Two years ago the Republicans of the nation mustered over thirteen hundred thousand strong. We did this under the single impulse of resistance to a common danger, with every external circumstance against us. Of strange, discordant, and even, hostile elements, we gathered from the four winds, and formed and fought the battle through, under the constant hot fire of a disciplined, proud, and pampered enemy. Did we brave all then to falter now? ? now when that same enemy is wavering, dissevered, and belligerent? The result is not doubtful. We shall not fail ? if we stand firm, we shall not fail. Wise councils may accelerate or mistakes delay it, but, sooner or later, the victory is sure to come." Abraham Lincoln

"Defeat may serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out." Edwin Markham

"It is not enough to fight. It is the spirit which we bring to the fight that decides the issue. It is morale that wins the victory." General George Marshall

"It is the fight alone that pleases us, not the victory." Blaise Pascal

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

cool bro

Bo$$ Bet$
    Bo$$ Bet$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    "Feed me." - ttwarrior

ttwarrior1

Noah did not wait for his ship to come in, he built one.

Wheelbarrows stand until they are pushed

Adversity causes some to break, others to break records.

Have the courage to accept what you can't alter and to alter what you can't accept
    The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
    -Arnold

"There's no substitute for guts."

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Its a question of abundance. View the universe or God as abundant and your life goes better IMO

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Do any of these people ever refer to the Entitled 7 in their work?

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

why are you posting this? better yet why were you googling quotes all day?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Warrior you drunk??

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

attitude is a learned behavior

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Waste of thread

Can't believe I scrolled through this garbage

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Feed me." - ttwarrior

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

"Yabba Dabba Do." Frederick Flintstone

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

"Just because you weigh 450 pounds doesn't mean you can't be a tennis champion." - ttwarrior

Blondie
    Blondie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Absolutely love quotes twarrior!

Thanks for sharing these I found one that is perfect for current use

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

I like this thread. Here is a modern day favorite of mine:
    "Dream it. Believe it. Work hard at it." --Bob Burnquist

ttwarrior1

no i don't drink, don't like the taste and it makes me lose weight

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Budha

I love this quote.

Blondie
    Blondie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Budha

I love this quote.
    Love it! Very good saying, and so very true!

One of my favorites

The most expensive thing in life is regret.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Get a job you barelled in chode

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

"Feed me." - ttwarrior

post of the day

Roxxyfish