laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Senior year in high school. It was late start. Remembering waking up and seeing my dad, who never gets visibly rattled, staring at the tv saying"something happened son"

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

getting ready for grade 5 class

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

i was getting off the bus when one of my friends who was the last one on before we got dropped off was telling me about a plane hitting the tower. I too like many of you thought that it was just some idiot who accidently crashed into the tower. My class and i watched the news the rest of the day.

oldstylecubsfan
    oldstylecubsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

In 7th grade science class, slightly overweight principle runs into our class room and almost passes out from exhaustion. Says a two planes just hit the towers, he'll be back with safety instructions if necessary.

That afternoon Im in math class. Our math teacher tell us to take out our book and turn to page 186. Theres a giant picture of the towers on the page. He goes "Class, those arent there anymore." This is followed by a brief moment where everyone is silent and then he goes into his normal lecture.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I was at my Group home admitting a new client.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Living in the bay area at the time.

Business in Chinatown was normal. But the rest of the city was a ghost.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Living in the bay area at the time.

Business in Chinatown was normal. But the rest of the city was a ghost.
    Was in Chinatown tonight....

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Did you go underground? best masSages in Chinatown

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by Footballtime View Post
    Federal Prison Fort Dix NJ, Could see the planes coming in from the Rec Yard!
    Otisville? Or a military confinement facility?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    how many of you fukks here have been in the pen?
    Go fuk yourself.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

I was in senior health class. Watched the 2nd plane hit. School was cancelled here in jersey.

affest
    affest's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was on the train towards work that day.

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12831

8th grade history class, teacher left for a good 30min class was out of hand, remember she came back crying, said a plane hit the WTC, I remember thinking so what accidents happen....

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

10th grade history class.

teacher comes in whispering something to my teacher and shes like "oh my god. oh no thats terrible- oh my god." we're like "what?" shes like "we're not allowed to tell you."

lived sorta close to the pentagon so they didnt want to cause mass panic but within 15, 20 minutes a buncha parents were picking up their kids and taking them home. wild.

jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9410

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    Just completed basic training a few months before... Was doing AIT at Fort Gordon in Georgia...
    25 series MOS? Signal?

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by jjaycuny View Post
    25 series MOS? Signal?
    It was 31 series (31r) at the time... Believe they changed it to 25 series shortly before I got out...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

was in history class in college when some kid came in late and said "some plane crashed into the world trade center today". She said "that's bad" and continued about her teaching lesson

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

woke up and saw it on tv, not much more to say. I think most people didnt care and still don't

lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    I was at school when this all happened. I couldn't believe that my teacher was crying because we were all kids. Then we understood.
    so was i bro, elementary school for me though, but back then i really didn't know too much english as my family just moved to the US. Turns out a few days after that our family's denied of a green card and we're all forced to move to canada... Dallas Texas i still love you so so much...

thejanitor
    thejanitor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1779

On the way to work. Still have newspaper from the 12th

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyM1ke View Post
    8th grade history class, teacher left for a good 30min class was out of hand, remember she came back crying, said a plane hit the WTC, I remember thinking so what accidents happen....
    I kind of have the same story.

Quote Originally Posted by lolguy999 View Post
    so was i bro, elementary school for me though, but back then i really didn't know too much english as my family just moved to the US. Turns out a few days after that our family's denied of a green card and we're all forced to move to canada... Dallas Texas i still love you so so much...
    At least you turned out to be a good gambler. Look at all the competition you have won.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    woke up and saw it on tv, not much more to say. I think most people didnt care and still don't
    This guy sucks....

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

sitting in a hotel room in Milwaukee waiting to unload 40 pounds of pot.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Junior at the University of Alabama, I was asleep in the girl next doors bed after a long nite of partying, she woke me up to these exact words "we just got bombed by the Palestinians". It took me about 5 minutes of watching coverage to realize what was happening. To make it worse my marketing 300 professor had told us that no tests would be rescheduled unless Heaven and Earth moved.....I didnt bother studying thinking Heaven and Earth had moved and of course test was still on and I failed miserably. Ill never forget that day the rest of my life

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5937

Quote Originally Posted by White Rhino View Post
    sitting in a hotel room in Milwaukee waiting to unload 40 pounds of pot.
    This is weird! I was in a hotel in Milwaukee waiting to receive 40 pounds of pot. Do you have glasses, slightly rail frame and very strong uni brow?

Glitch

its interesting that so many of us were in history class when this happened.

maybe that somehow helped mold our lives.

kickenchicken
    kickenchicken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4128

i had just been seperated from ex and gotten home from night shift job

crjohnson32
    crjohnson32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

I too was in grade 10 history class...teacher was 10 min late, we were all just sitting around taking when the door burst open and it was our teacher rolling a TV into the classroom and says "ladies and gentleman a catastrophe is happening right now". It was also picture day at school. Can literally open my year book and see what every student in my school looked like on Sept. 11. Also I had waked and baked that morning

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by cmoney17 View Post
    8th grade history class
    Quote Originally Posted by babyjesus View Post
    freshman history class 9am
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyM1ke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    10th grade history class. teacher comes in whispering something to my teacher and shes like "oh my god. oh no thats terrible- oh my god." we're like "what?" shes like "we're not allowed to tell you." lived sorta close to the pentagon so they didnt want to cause mass panic but within 15, 20 minutes a buncha parents were picking up their kids and taking them home. wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    was in history class in college when some kid came in late and said "some plane crashed into the world trade center today". She said "that's bad" and continued about her teaching lesson
    Quote Originally Posted by crjohnson32 View Post
    I too was in grade 10 history class...teacher was 10 min late, we were all just sitting around taking when the door burst open and it was our teacher rolling a TV into the classroom and says "ladies and gentleman a catastrophe is happening right now". It was also picture day at school. Can literally open my year book and see what every student in my school looked like on Sept. 11. Also I had waked and baked that morning
    is this not weird to anyone else

MEATHEAD
    MEATHEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I was leaving a fat girls house after a one nighter. Turned the car radio on and they were talking about it. Didn't get the seriousness of the situation till I got back to the apartment and my roomates were glued to the tv and started filling me in.

Streakster777
    Chasin da Mony!
    Streakster777's Avatar Become A Pro!

10 years ago most posters here were in grade school listening to the teacher read Dr. Seuss to them,

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Everyone was in history class because public schools like to wake kids up with history LOL. Didnt know whether school was in session or not, people leaving home, people just sitting in class, teachers not teaching...etc.

crjohnson32
    crjohnson32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Quote Originally Posted by Streakster777 View Post
    10 years ago most posters here were in grade school listening to the teacher read Dr. Seuss to them,
    that doesn't seem to be the case at all, but reality and peoples perception of reality are 2 very different things

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll never forget this...

I was on my way out the door to head out to the new Krispy Kreme that had just opened here in Pittsburgh to close a deal.

My Mom called me and told me to turn on the news.

I told her that I couldn't, I had to get going and that I'd call her after my meeting.

She sounded different and rather shaken. She told me that she loved me and to be safe. I told her that I loved her, too.

On my way to Krispy Kreme I heard about the events on the radio. I drove to my parents' house right after my meeting.

Flight 93 went down about 80 miles from here that morning.

All I really remember is that there were no clouds in the sky that day, and no planes either. It was just eerie and surreal.

My fiance' and I went to the Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville a couple of years ago. No one leaves with dry eyes...

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was in New York on the evening of the 10th. My plane was delayed leaving the tarmac due to intense lightning/storm. When I arrived in Russia the following day, people were crying and running up to the people getting off the plane. My Russian is terrible (like my spanish and french) so I was looking for my "handler" to tell me what was goin on. My first reaction to the news was "no way!! it couldn't happen. somebody was/is confused!" A couple hours later I finally got to the compound of an oligarch friend and he had on the CNN international feed and I could see it for myself. A sick feeling I can't descirbe came over me. Then anger. I was touched by the outpouring of sympathy from all the Russians for the next 3 weeks. You see, they understand this better than most, since they have been dealing with these scum islamic terrorists for the last 20 years. Remember all those school children murdered at Beslan? Same folks at work there. You can't negotiate with these people. You have to kill them. 9/11 should remind us of this.

First 123456 ... Last