nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Which CC to rebuild credit

Looking to re build credit history..pre paid or secured is fine..is there a card that enables you after a year or whatever to have your limits increased by the CC...

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

definitely NOT Capitol One (I believe you are charged interest from the second a purchase is made, this wouldn't be good for anyone, esp a person trying to build up credit with this card)

and I would stay away from anything Bank of AmeriKa solicits......they have more surcharges/charges for ANY service/product than the mafia

BOL

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Definitely hooters card. www.hooterscard.com

nyplayer33

How does this work when trying to re build crdit..are some cards more likely to offer credit line increases in a shorter amount of time

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Your best bet is getting a secured card from your local bank/credit union. After a year you can get your principal back and likely apply for a credit line increase. Most CC companies report to the credit bureaus every 3 months. So called re build your credit "cards", report every month. The difference is for these type of cards which are usually insecure is extremely high interest fees with survice cgarges and annual fees/activation fees. Id go get a secured card from whoever you bank with.

nyplayer33

I rememeber providian offered cards with small credit lines..guess that has changed

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

If you have bad credit already then you should try premier bank. Its a ripoff and they charge tons of fees but it's one of the only cards these days given to people with poor credit. Large banks don't give credit anymore to people with poor credit.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Lol the guy looking to rebuild credit is looking for a credit line increase asap.

Try discover.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Any CC... use it regularly and pay off in full every month. After a year request an increase and see what happens. No gaurantee anymore for anything like this unless you have high credit score and lengthy credit history.

Nater
    Nater's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

My suggestion would be CASH.....If you don't have cash dont buy it.......I wish i had heeded this warning 20 years ago......

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Rollins08 View Post
    If you have bad credit already then you should try premier bank. Its a ripoff and they charge tons of fees but it's one of the only cards these days given to people with poor credit. Large banks don't give credit anymore to people with poor credit.
    Please dont pay any attention to this guy. That is the worst CC you can ever get. The APR is 30% the credit limit is $300 and after you make your first purchase your balance is something like $246 after all the charges.

ANY BANK REGARDLESS OF YOUR CREDIT WILL GIVE YoU A SECURED CC. They simply dont care because if you default they keep your principal you put up and they dont loose a dime.

wesanity
    wesanity's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have horrible credit but was able to qualify for this card. Initial credit limit is 500. After paying your debt off every month for 5 months, your limit is upped to 1000. You also get rewards for each dollar you spend. "While the APR is a relatively high 24.9%, there's no annual fee, no foreign transaction fee, and the card offers 2% cash back on travel purchases and 1% cash back on all other purchases." Heres the link: http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/..._credit/6.html
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Extra Innings

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

If you dont have cash in hand,dont buy it.

Those who dont learn from past mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

Good luck going forward.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

i hear citi bank card is a rip off

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

if you have any other payments that would report to credit bureaus (car, mortgage) just stay away from ANY CC. If you have to have one - and they will help to rebuild credit providing you don't get out of control with them - get a secured card like mentioned above or a gasoline card that you would just use for GASOLINE purchases. Pay it off when you get the statement.

xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Like everyone else has suggested. Stick with secured ************. Use a site like http://www.creditkarma.com/creditcards to see some different reviews but definitely shop around. DO NOT use premier bank or total **** etc. The fee's will absolutely kill you not to mention they usually charge monthly and annually.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Go to bankrate .com

You will find great info here.

In fact, the site should be visited on a weekly basis.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nater View Post
    My suggestion would be CASH.....If you don't have cash dont buy it.......I wish i had heeded this warning 20 years ago......
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dogs View Post
    If you dont have cash in hand,dont buy it. Those who dont learn from past mistakes are doomed to repeat them. Good luck going forward.
    QFTMFT

been there, done that, not going back to CC's.

nyplayer33

i thought having good credit was a step in the right direction....

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    i thought having good credit was a step in the right direction....
    depends on what direction you wanna go. what are you looking to do with said rebuilt credit?

my credit is shitty ATM. but fortunately for me and my wife the cars are paid off, the house is locked in at 4.3% and her credit score is 825+. i see no need to worry about getting mine better by getting another CC.

nyplayer33

Just have some unsecured credit avail if need be..for emergency..************

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Just have some unsecured credit avail if need be..for emergency..************
    well from what i've read online, if you've filed bankruptcy most places will give you credit in a heartbeat. why? because they know you can't file again for 7-10 years. which means if you rack up debt again they can take everything you own cause there is no "free" pass until the 7-10 is up.

credit is all over rated anyway. a guy in our mortgage dept just did a refi for a friend of his that filed BK 3 years ago. he went from 7% to around 4%.....and this was his second BK. GOD BLESS AMERICA

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

I have always had the motto,

"If I dont have the money in my pocket for something, then I cant afford it"

CisforCOOKIE
    CisforCOOKIE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cash only cc will ruin your life

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

become an authorized user on someone else's card and piggyback off their good credit habits

JDUB07
    Houston Cougars!!!
    JDUB07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

You need to go with US Bank if you want a secured card that will become unsecured a year later. Stay away from Credit One or other Toy cards.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    become an authorized user on someone else's card and piggyback off their good credit habits
    This is a good idea...but I think it only works if the payment comes from the checking account of the person looking for the help in credit score.

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

go to www.creditboards.com/forums This is the largest credit rebuilding site and will answer all your questions.

misaelwade
    misaelwade's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you have a small number of amount, and you pay this on time. Its good to pay off your CC completely. I think this would be best way to get good credit.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Why not start with a monthly phone, cable, or internet bill. Easy way to start rebuilding credit with minimal risk

setholdsup
    setholdsup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Get a secured cc through your bank
    Stay on time with payments to get deposit back
    ?????
    Profit

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    This is a good idea...but I think it only works if the payment comes from the checking account of the person looking for the help in credit score.
    My dad put me on his cards years ago. HSBC, CITIBANK... you will get an amazing credit score by just being placed as an authorized user. I couldn't believe how much my credit score increased. Crazy how just being an authorized user allows you to gain so much credit.

About the Capital One comment... always read the card holder's agreement papers associated with the card. If it states no grace period... then interest starts from day 1 of purchase... if there is a grace period then it's just like a typical cc pay on your due date.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

I know with my cc there is no grace period for cash withdrawals from atms or cash back. But there is a 30 day grace period on all other purchases.

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mine always increases each year. You need to build a good credit line

12 Last