no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

weight lost/workout 3k invite

Voided if moved from Players Talk,

In honor of my Son whom turns 30 tomorrow I am offering 90 day weight lost competition. My son is over 500 pounds and if I can help someone out there shed a few it would be great.

1K per month with 500 towards monthly best and 125 weekly. Weekly pays two at 75 and 50. Monthly pays three at 300/150/50. I will also be rewarding benefiting posts with various amounts. With the lost of CreaturE's thread we lost alot of info that could be benefiting here.

Starting this Sunday and willl require weekly post of your achievement. One can join at anytime with a Sunday starting post. Relying on you guys on how you want to do this and counting on honesty here. Gonna start with two prizes, one for weight guys and one for work-out guys so post which. If I can't afford both we will go on best results from the two conjoin.

All rules are subject to change to how you guys want to do this. Anyone from CreaturE's thread is invited but others are subject to my approval.

First payout of 125 each to both competitions is Sept 11th for those entering by Sept 4th. Not necessary to compete full month to win months end rewards. Now open! Have Fun!

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I just got weighed today for my life insurance policy and came in at 247 pounds. I would LOVE to do this. I will post pics of me on a scale with the weight tomorrow.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

1 other question. Is it % of how much lost and not just straight pounds shed? I think that would be a good barometer.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

i completely agree, we need a thread like this now that Creature has abandoned us.

I will pop in and out of here and answer any questions. I personaly am planing on losing 15-20 lbs with in about 4-6 weeks. I would like to be around 205-210. In my eyes, it's okay to enjoy the beer and chicken wings. As long as you don't let it get out of control. Which unfortunatly every 6 months I have to put myself through a month of hell. But to me it's kind of fun. It brings back the competition I had with wrestling. The workouts and everything that goes with reaching a goal. When your done and have reached your goal, it feels as if you could do anything and I love that feeling every 6 months.

Hopefully we can help change a life here!

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

Went on the Medfast diet it is not cheap 300 hundred bucks but it works for me 0n July 4 my starting weight was 216 i went on the scale today and my weight was 192 my goal is 180lbs and i cheated a few times as well.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Pics are not necessary but welcome. Simply post starting weight with weekly and monthly goal as well as short story. Unsure how winners will be judged but should stand out to all of us. Workouts and weight lifters will be judge on best stories as well as strongest motivation. Voting on winners is a possibility.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

want to be 200. im in, athough i have no clue how to stop eating

(Reyes)
    (Reyes)'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Its not my expertise but I really want the rewards

(Reyes)
    (Reyes)'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Put infront of you nothing but an empty plate.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Ate 36 tacos the last three days and lost a few pounds. I'm trying to go the other way so I won't be joining this contest. Good Luck though.

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

I was at 235 on July 12. And by the time bash rolled around I was at 210.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

And "Dad of the Year" award goes to...

Going4Broke
    Going4Broke's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    It's not about stopping the eating... that will just make things spiral out of control the opposite direction, often unhealthier. Plus, once you begin eating again, then you will just gain it all back + more.

Continue eating, change what you're eating. If you eat a full plate of vegetables your intake is 100 calories or less but the fiber and vitamins will be extremely beneficial and will fill you up! Add a bone-less, skin-less, chicken breast or some salmon and you've had a great dinner. Wake-up and eat oatmeal. It's often dry and tasteless, but much healthier than bacon or not eating. Make 6 eggs, they are super cheap and pure protein. Use only 2 yolks and 4 egg-whites for an even healthier breakfast with the same taste. Don't eat white bread, that does nothing for your body. Look for whole-grains and add toast to your breakfast or a turkey sandwich for lunch.

Stop drinking soda, flavored milk, orange juice, etc. and replace them all with water and fat-free milk. Don't drink Gatorade and think your doing yourself a favor, take a look at the sugar. Vitamin water, powerade, gatorade, all those drinks are loaded with sugar and are not healthy for you. If anything, split a gotorade up in to 3 portions and mix it with plain water. Drink it 3 different days while working out, as it does help supplement some of your vitamins and minerals lost during working out.

Get your body on a regular sleep and eating schedule. Go to sleep early, let your body wake-up naturally (if possible), and eat right when you wake up. Continue eating small meals / snacks throughout the day to keep your metabolism going. Snack on almonds, protein bars, vegetables, etc. not chips, cookies, or candy. It will be a lousy/boring diet, but it's better that way.

Lastly, and sometimes the hardest part, exercise. Jog, run, swim, bike, etc. but do it at a pace that you struggle at. You need to push yourself and get the hear-rate up! Start with 3x per week for 20-30 minutes each day. If you aren't that over-weight and can handle that then do at least 40 minutes per day 3-4 days per week. You need your hear-rate up for at least 40 minutes to get a decent calorie burn, continue longer if you have the time and drive to do so.

Simply replacing sugary-drinks with water, replacing sugary/fatty snacks with healthy ones, eating less calories, replacing fatty/starch sides with vegetables, skipping on fast-food and exercising will drastically change your life. You will not only look and feel better, but your whole personality and attitude will change too.

Remember, you're NOT going on a diet - You are CHANGING your diet!

Stick with it and good luck!
    Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave Going4Broke 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    Went on the Medfast diet it is not cheap 300 hundred bucks but it works for me 0n July 4 my starting weight was 216 i went on the scale today and my weight was 192 my goal is 180lbs and i cheated a few times as well.

Congrats.

Medifast is the way to go. I have several friends who have lost a bunch of weight on that program.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Going4broke might have posted the best fitness post I've read on here thru all the garbage

It's no secret how to do it and shortcuts will only lead to long term failure. I'm 188 down from 210 at the first of the year and that's the way to do it.

Also for anyone who runs with a smart phone get a running app that sets you on a plan....I use adidas micoach and it's been a godsend for me...helps get more focused workouts and provides goals and added motivation while you're running. For the first time in my life I actually get excited to run.

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Was 316 Around May 1st
    Aug 17th 270
    Sept 2 275

Bash is over gotta get back into my routine. That is the whole deal for me. As long as I am in my routine I am knock the weight off or at least I was doing it. For a solid 2-3 months it was actually easy losing weight. I was eating about 1500 cals a day 40%Protein, 30% carbs, 30%Fat and was not hungry and losing about 4lbs a week avg. 2weeks I have been not on routine. 5lbs back on. Water wieght and too much sodium are a big part of it tough. I didn't eat well and drank a lot at the bash. Since being back workouts have been sketchy and eating not right yet.

My goal is under 265 by the end of Sept and Under 250 by end of Oct. Might be pushing it a little. I am sure weight loss will start to slow down at some point with this plan.

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

I will post my weight tomorrow afternoon. It's not going to be pretty that is for sure. I have done anything to improve over the last 3 weeks. I looked at my home scale and all I could do was grimace. Tonight is my last day of not being back on the program.

My ankle is about 85-90% so I can't use that as the excuse I have used this last week. Funny, my ankle was busted up, but I still ate like shit. I don't know why I do that to myself. Anyway, I need to start sweating and getting my heart rate up to go along with a good diet.

Back to the business of getting healthy tomorrow.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788