TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

People who are working out/lifting weights check in

can you still work out if you have a problems with your kidneys ?

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

lol nobody lifts weights in this forum

TR88

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    lol nobody lifts weights in this forum

TR88

guess im going to ask bodybuilding.com.....too early and made a thread at the wrong site

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Last edited by ACoochy; 08-15-11 at 07:36 AM.

ACoochy

TR88 i suffer from polycystic kidney disease (transplant l8r in life. genetically inherited) and yes u can still lift BIG even with kidney problems...In fact working out will assist in regulating blood pressure which will put less pressure on the functioning of ur kidneys and stave off damage later in life...
    Last edited by ACoochy; 08-15-11 at 07:48 AM.

TR88

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    What would u like to know TR?? Been lifting on and off for past 13 years...
    My kidneys hurts, probably from the creatine I've been taking in the past. Might not be serious but lets say you have a kidney problems and etc. Can you still go to the gym and workout ? Lift heavy ?

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by TR88 View Post
    My kidneys hurts, probably from the creatine I've been taking in the past. Might not be serious but lets say you have a kidney problems and etc. Can you still go to the gym and workout ? Lift heavy ?
    By the sounds of it ur overloading on the creatine and not drinking enough water to flush the creatine out...If youve got kidney problems then creatine is bad news...

My advice would be to stop taking the creatine (and all other foods/powders that are high in protein), drink plenty of water and if in 2 weeks time ur kidneys are still hurting then go to a doctor and if they dont hurt then you know what the cause of the problem was..

As far as lifting, if benching 350lb isnt heavy enough then you gotta be on the gear
    Points Awarded:

TR88 gave ACoochy 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TR88

By the sounds of it ur overloading on the creatine and not drinking enough water to flush the creatine out...If youve got kidney problems then creatine is bad news...

My advice would be to stop taking the creatine (and all other foods/powders that are high in protein), drink plenty of water and if in 2 weeks time ur kidneys are still hurting then go to a doctor and if they dont hurt then you know what the cause of the problem was..

As far as lifting, if benching 350lb isnt heavy enough then you gotta be on the gear
    Could be from the creatine I've taken like you said. Will drinking plenty of water in the next week and see if it gets better. I'm glad that I can still workout tho . Thanks for your help pal, much appreciated!

ACoochy

Could be from the creatine I've taken like you said. Will drinking plenty of water in the next week and see if it gets better. I'm glad that I can still workout tho . Thanks for your help pal, much appreciated!
    No worries champ. Hope it works out and cheers for the points. Appreciate if you could keep us updated as to how things pan out 4 u a week or two from now...GL

TR88

No worries champ. Hope it works out and cheers for the points. Appreciate if you could keep us updated as to how things pan out 4 u a week or two from now...GL
    Thanks pal, I will make updates in this thread

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Can you lift weights if you have diarrhea ?

5stardubs
    5stardubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Hey tr88 you should continue to work out no need to go super heavy or use creatine unless your in a competitve sports football bodybuilding ect and you have multiple days out the week with 4hr practices running and lifting. I went to d-1 college and played in the I.F.L took plenty of supplements. If you have bad kidneys lay off supplements completely I've seen people have complete kidney failure and dialysis is no life to live. If you have to take something my advice is strait protien a healthy dose of vitamins fresh fruit and veggies. Hope this heplful

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Wear a adult nappy (seriously powerlifters who squat crazy 700lb+ do wear these for that reason)

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    yes

with the proper shoes

TR88

Quote Originally Posted by 5stardubs View Post
    Hey tr88 you should continue to work out no need to go super heavy or use creatine unless your in a competitve sports football bodybuilding ect and you have multiple days out the week with 4hr practices running and lifting. I went to d-1 college and played in the I.F.L took plenty of supplements. If you have bad kidneys lay off supplements completely I've seen people have complete kidney failure and dialysis is no life to live. If you have to take something my advice is strait protien a healthy dose of vitamins fresh fruit and veggies. Hope this heplful
    Thanks for the tips pal. Will deff stop the creatine, like you said dialysis sucks and it's not fun at al....

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

TR88 how old are you though because that is a myth their is no such thing as overloading on creatine and causing kidney problems. It depends on how healthy you are and your age range. Creatine wont do any damage to your kidneys if your healthy and in good shape. If your older though thats what affect your kidneys just your body aging. Even if you are taking more creatine then you need your body just pisses it all out

Im Supprised TTWARRIOR hasnt said anything about this with all of his wonderful knowledge lmao