Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Watching people pick out watermelons on sale for $4 at the store is funny !

I can see picking out a tomato that isn't bruised and messed up, or other more variable produce.

Now watermelons go on sale for $3.99 each so there are a few pallets of them stacked up inside sturdy pallet-sized books so they are like a good 36" + high and hold like 8 layers of melons.

These are like 20 lb average melons. I see 75 year old women move 40 melons ( like a wetback picker) to get the one on the bottom that looks a little bigger....or they don't like the contact mark where the rind touched the earth and isn't perfectly green...

The skin ( rind) is like an inch thick, it ain't soft stuff like a pepper, tomato, nectarine, etc.

That's a lot of work to get a 21lb melon instead of a 19 lb one, when it is sold at 20 cents a lb roughly in whole form.

Even funnier are the little old ladies ( that will move 800lbs of watermelon) then they have their re-usable bags where the store gives you a 5 cent refund for every bag used ( to be green and recycle)....I seen the LOL's ( little old Ladies) buy ten items and give ten bags, put one item in each bag, " so they're" not so heavy" ! Yeah right, you could juggle watermelons if you wanted to Granny !

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Granny has to get her workout somehow.