ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

Just got summoned again

court date, this blows. It hasn't even been 20 days yet since i filed in the clerks office. Why so soon???

Don't even know which judge or court or even where to go.

So i assume some attorney from louisville has to travel 3 hours here to appear in court vs me???

This sucks ass, our court is filled up every week with people standing just like in the casey anthony case, will be posted on facebook, and in our local paper. Everyone that gets sued does.

I have no defense, so why didnt i just default. You should of seen the look in my moms eyes when that sheriff car pulled up. Exactly what i wanted to avoid.

I even asked, what happens if i don't show up for court?

Exact words were, you will be arrested.

Not even sure if i can go to court on the day it says

So im going to head to head in a big court against an attorney???????????????????????????????? ???????????????? and defending myself???????????????????

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

anthonydiamondLC
    anthonydiamondLC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1741

Buddy, your like in small claims court. Relax.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

tt we can not be so luck that you would end up jail and not be posting here.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

arrested?

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Just make an appearance on your date, they probably dont even show.

anthonydiamondLC

Listen I have a plan for you. Call up your local bookie. He will definitely run you some credit line. I want you to bet $2000 tonight on the Yankees. Bang. Problems solved. Trust me I know what I'm doing.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Call the Cops and tell them your barricaded inside your house with a weapon....when you hear the loudspeakers outside, just blast out the frontdoor .....and let the cops cap your ass...save the taxpayers their money, and the court system their time.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    2006 was a glorious year. Move this shitty thread to the saloon.

ttwarrior1

yep im 38 years old and just got whipped by my mom with a belt , hit me in the hamstring 2 times and across my side 3 times as she just left crying, saying how can you do this to us

Don't have local bookies here as far as i know. I got 700 bucks in my wallet and clothes and this laptop to my name.

I even called the attorneys the last 2 days and only get voice mail.
    Can't believe someone is going to show up here for 3400 and travel 2 hours just for me.

According to this , i will be in district court, this really really sucks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: excel

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

How about.....quit gambling and start paying your bills like us, "responsible folks" do!?!? Just sayin

anthonydiamondLC

Perfect, 700 is plenty. Here's the 2 team parlay. Yanks padres. Let's go!

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

your poor disabled mom must be so proud of you right now. how is going to take care of her and her and the other welfare leeches when you are picking up soap.

ttwarrior1

What Makes a CC Company Sue

No one knows when a CC company will decide to sue over a debt. Some CC companies will not sue for anything less than a thousand dollars while others will start the process for as little as two hundred and fifty dollars. There is no real way for you to determine if you are going to be sued; not until you get the knock on your door from the sheriff’s office with the legal papers.
    Before a CC company takes steps to sue you, they will usually try every other recourse to collect on the debt from constantly calling and trying to get you to relent and make a payment to offering you a settlement offer for less than the total amount owed. If the CC company thinks that you are holding out, they may take steps to sue in hopes of forcing your hand. The problem, however, is that if you do not have the money to pay, no amount of talking, settlement offers or court cases are going to change your situation.
    You should be aware of your rights if you are in a situation where you are being sued or you are very behind on your CC payments. Firstly, the CC companies are not allowed to harass you. That means that they cannot yell at you on the phone or threaten you in any way. Unfortunately, there are those companies that will threaten to sue you or have you arrested and so on. These are illegal statements and should be reported to the Federal Trade Commission, the State Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau. Also, make sure that you document the date and time of any abusive phone calls and what was said.
    CC companies are also not allowed to call you at work or outside of what is considered reasonable hours (this can vary from state to state but the average is 8am to 9pm). They are not allowed to share your private information with outside parties. For example, it is illegal for them to speak to your boss about your debt.
    Not all CC companies will become threatening towards you, in many cases they simply want to work with you and get their money. If you know that you cannot pay and you simply do not want to be contacted by the CC company, then put it in writing and send it to them by mail (keep a copy for yourself) and they will be required by law to stop contacting you; however, that does not mean that you will not be sued.
    What Happens When the CC Company Decides to Sue

Firstly, you will receive a legal document, which will be handed to you in person by a sheriff. You should be polite and accept the document, the sheriff is only doing their job, which in part is serving legal notices. The legal notice, which will tell you that you are being sued, is called a Summons and Complaint notice.
    On the summons, there will be the dates that you are expected to be in court. However, if you have the option to meet with the complainant’s attorney outside of court with an arbitrator that can make the official decision, then you may never go to court. Instead, you will meet with the attorney for the CC company and an arbitrator who will try to help resolve the issue and make a decision if the issue cannot be resolved.
    There are various opinions as to whether you should hire an attorney or try to handle the case on your own. If you cannot pay something on your CC, you probably cannot afford an attorney. And if you owe the money that you are being sued for, an attorney will only be able to tell you where to sign on the dotted line.
    You do not need an attorney to negotiate a settlement or to explain why you cannot pay, so you may want to skip that extra expense. You can offer a settlement for yourself or negotiate payments as well. If this is a debt you do not owe, or the debt owed is the wrong amount, then you may need an attorney to fight in your corner and help you win the case.
    In the end, everything boils down to two things, whether or not the debt is yours and how the judge rules. At that time of the ruling, there will be no decisions made on how you should repay, nor will a judge rule that your bank accounts be drained or that you sell your home. This is only part one where the judge determines whether or not you are liable for the debt.
    How the CC Company Gets Their Money

Here is the tricky part. Although it is possible, it is very difficult for a CC company to get permission to garnish your wages or take money from your banking accounts. If you have a joint banking account and the other person on your account is not responsible for the CC bill, then they cannot ever have access to that account. According to Consumer Credit Help, a CC company will garnish your wages if the court allows them too. However, it is not common for a CC company to be allowed access to your wages.
    The court takes everything into consideration when petitioned to allow garnishment of wages. They will take into account your monthly obligations and your debt to owe ratio to see if you can live while having your wages garnished. Unless you are jointly sued with your spouse, their wages cannot be garnished in your stead. There are some cases where a judge will allow a lien to be put on your home so that in the event that you sell your home, your debt will have to be paid before you receive any money.
    The fact that some CC companies sue does not meant they all will sue, and typically, a CC company will try to collect by any other means before considering taking on the fees of suing you. However, if you owe thousands of dollars, you can probably look forward to being sued by a CC company or two. What’s more, if you are sued and the CC company wins the case, your credit report will show a judgment on it. Even if you pay it off, the judgment will show as a negative for up to twelve years.
    There may be a couple of options for you if you find yourself in this situation. Option A is, if you own your own home then consider a home equity loan or refinancing your mortgage so that you can pay off your debts and roll that money into a much lower interest rate payment. If you are in a position where you are about to start a new job, you may want to consider applying for a CC that will allow you to roll your debt onto a new card. This may or may not be an option for you, depending on how bad your credit is at this point. However, you can use the free CC “Chaser” tool to see if there is a CC that meets your criteria.Get started comparingtoday!

From what i read here, looks like im going to lose
    Last edited by shari91; 08-03-11 at 03:50 AM. Reason: removed link

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    yep im 38 years old and just got whipped by my mom with a belt , hit me in the hamstring 2 times and across my side 3 times as she just left crying, saying how can you do this to us

Don't have local bookies here as far as i know. I got 700 bucks in my wallet and clothes and this laptop to my name.

I even called the attorneys the last 2 days and only get voice mail.
    Can't believe someone is going to show up here for 3400 and travel 2 hours just for me.

According to this , i will be in district court, this really really sucks

Hopefully they'll just plea bargain and take you immediately to jail....your cellmate will probably split your azz wide open since you're a newbie....expect about 6 months of unprotected sex and you'll be paroled....no biggie...sack up and take it like a man

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

look at the bright side tt, you are finally going to lose your virginity in jail.

ttwarrior1

uh my mom is not disabled and i didnt use any of that to gamble with

ttwarrior1

listen. Now if i had the money to pay it off, i would do so in a heartbeat. Payments just wasn't cutting it, hell i already paid double in payments what im being sued for

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

tittywarrior settle down

how did u get summoned tell us the story

ttwarrior1

pony im sure you read my other thread???

got summoned by sheriff departement in person at the door about 2 hours ago.

I have a court date and being sued by attorneys for discover card for 3500 plus interest.

Attorneys are from louisville, about 2 half hours away

What more do you want to know?

I have no defense i guess.

I did what i was told here to do, file from the 1st summons at the clerks office with a written defense and i did that 2 weeks ago. Never sent copy to the plaintiff attorneys, was going to do that tommorrow. Hasn't even been 20 days yet like it said in the summons

Dirty Sanchez

listen. Now if i had the money to pay it off, i would do so in a heartbeat. Payments just wasn't cutting it, hell i already paid double in payments what im being sued for

If you can't do the time...don't do the crime

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

no wages to attach and no assets to seize. if they take your uncle's camper you will have no place to sleep. but they can't because you don't own it. go to court. sit in a room. wait till they call your name to see if you showed up. then the runner attorney(the real one won't bother) will ask you to fill out a statement of wages and expenses. they will try to get you to pay 25.00/per month. if you agree they will have you sign it and then you can leave. that's it. that's all. big deal...

ttwarrior1

25 bucks??? That will be a lifetime of payments because of interest.

I put down wages as 0 and expenses as 40 bucks

ttwarrior1

runner attorney?? hell we only got 2 attorneys here in our city period. Some attorney from somewhere will have to drive here.

Probaly show up at mine and then go the the other court in the next city to sue someone else, alot bigger city there.

Damn attorney even has a facebook page with a bikini pic

ttwarrior1

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

pay your fking bills like everyone of us does and this shit doesnt happen

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

its kinda shitty they will put it on Facebook??

but they also publish it??

why do they put it on facebook? who does this?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

an oldie, but it always makes me laugh. tt getting ready for wimbeldon.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

tt- grow a ponytail and sue the simpsons for unlawful use of your likeness.

this guy will take the case pro-bono.

orioles
    orioles's Avatar Become A Pro!

They won't do shit even with a judgement.

ttwarrior1

ok update

Just called the atttorney, they wouldn't settle, not that i have anything to settle. Just thought i would try. They will show up in court and are going after the full ammount. They said my written defense wouldn't hold up and they would win judgement.

They said i needed a lifestyle change and my relatives need to help me pay for it since i am helping them out by watching my sister and uncle.

they will say they will continue pursuit and the amount that i owe will continue to grow.

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

3400 thats nothing. My CC is at 9000k right now and I can afford to make the payments. Plus I have a 2011 car payment to make and I am a carpenter.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

ok update Just called the atttorney, they wouldn't settle, not that i have anything to settle. Just thought i would try. They will show up in court and are going after the full ammount. They said my written defense wouldn't hold up and they would win judgement. They said i needed a lifestyle change and my relatives need to help me pay for it since i am helping them out by watching my sister and uncle. they will say they will continue pursuit and the amount that i owe will continue to grow.
    Dude... you are so overreacting. You have to be calm about this. The CC company's don't know how much income you can afford etc. You don't even need an attorney for this. All you do is go to court... and say "Look your honor... things are tough for me at the moment. I have (X AMOUNT OF DEBT) I can't afford to be garnished (X AMOUNT OF DOLLARS)" Then the judge will say... how much can you afford sir? And you reply... "I can afford about $5.00 a month your honor." The judge may say... only $5.00? And you will say yes your honor. He will actually agree with the $5.00 a month.... or raise it to $10.00 a month. But the judge must respect what you say under oath. It doesn't matter even if you owe $10,000 on your CC. The judge will enforce the law and grant you to pay $5.00 a month until the debt is paid off...typically with 0% interest. No worries.

ttwarrior1

someone on another forum said what you said and told me to say 25 bucks a month

worth a shot i guess

12 Last