JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Life sucks big time..........it really does

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    someone on another forum said what you said and told me to say 25 bucks a month worth a shot i guess
    I wouldn't steer you in the wrong direction. One of my good friends is an attorney... I also have a great CPA. I've learned so much in how to work the system for your advantage.

You have to remember... The CC company's have money to burn... and they usually hire superior law firms. The law firms want to make money... they aren't going to say no to the CC company... no matter how unjust it looks on paper. The CC company will pay about $1,000 (cheaper on a business deal) to that law firm to show up to the courts. The law firm will at cocky... and manipulate the situation further. You must remain calm... you do have rights. The law firm doesn't even care if they win or defeat you. It's money in their pocket from the CC company. It's easy $1,000 for them.

Also, let's say you have a balance of $8,000.00 on a CC and you get these letter's from the CC company in the mail saying... "ACT NOW... we will reduce your balance to $4,000.00 save 50% on us!!!" We will honor this contract. Never agree to those terms. By law the CC company can write off the other $4,000.00 and present you with a tax form that claimed you SAVED MONEY ON THE NEGOTIATION. That's right... you'll pay taxes on the other $4,000.00 in which you thought you saved HALF (50%). The IRS will come after you on the other $4,000.00 in taxes... technically you will pay around $1,333.00 to them in return. Yes, you saved something... but then the IRS has you by the balls.

If you believe you are in a financial situation... contact a bankruptcy attorney. It sounds worse than it really is. A Bankruptcy was designed to protect you from this. Usually a bankruptcy consultation is Free.

With all the financial madness in the world today... I'm quite surprised this CC company is even bothering you? The only card that's pressuring more people is Discover Financial... they are the ones that are getting attorneys involved. Your other major cc company's are turning it over to debt collectors... and they are the ones who will pressure you later on. Best of luck to you.

Gruntworker
    Gruntworker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3899

Can't you just call consumer credit counseling or file for bankruptcy? Never heard of anyone getting sued by a CC company... then again, I don't know anyone who can't pay their CC bills.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I just dont understand how come you dont collect unemployment if you dont have a job. Or what you dont get a job that pays $8 or $9 an hour. It would be so easy to pay off. Im apparently missing something here as to why you dont collect unemployment

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

ttwarrior1 cant collect unemployment because he did not have a job that he lost.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

so i should get a job to pay off a debt of 3,500 when they screwed me over several times, i don't think so. I already paid that much in interest the past few years.

I should counter sue for harrassment

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

TT, I think filing for Bankruptcy is the way to go. Or you could just say Fk'em and let the debt fall off after a few years. You may also consider asking for a continuance and hoping to get a day when they won't be able to make it.

Either way good luck and these greedy CC companies.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

so i should get a job to pay off a debt of 3,500 when they screwed me over several times, i don't think so. I already paid that much in interest the past few years.

how have you lived this long with out a job? And you screwed yourself man everyone knows there is interest rates. Quit gambling, grow up, act your age, find a therapist, and make a responsible decision. Christ I work my fking ass off to live a sh*t fking life and we have people like you bitching
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Actually you shouldn't have ran up a tab that you knew you would never be able to pay off. The judge should make you work off the debt by picking up trash and cleaning parks. You are the kind of person that makes America look bad.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

ttwarior1 , your mom wont hit you with the belt if you get a job. Just sayin.

ttwarrior1

dude only time i could get a job would be 2 am to 6am, u find me one and ill do it, ill even work online for 2 bucks an hour

I have to be here

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

direct correlation to ops behavior, morals, ethics, or lack of all three...

Congrats CC company...wish the cc success

ttwarrior1

there not getting a dime,, in fact, , phone calls at 10 and 6 am is over the line

maybe i should wish death on my relatives and then i get a job to pay back?

I originally owed 800, went over the limit by 2 cents, so they charged 49 dollar over limit fee, i was one day late on a payment due dec 25th, they got it dec 26th so they added another 49 and then changed my interest rate from 9.9 percent to 49.99 percent.

That made it almost 2 grand right there. They won't get a dime from me, ever.

In fact i might do it again if they send me another card. for some reason my credit rating is great

ttwarrior1

oh yeh i owe another 5 grand on another card

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Attorney will not travel that far for an appearance, they will send an appearance attorney that lives within 30 minutes from the courthouse. Dont stress over petty stuff, this is a small debt. Be prepared to sign a stipulated judgment whereby you will agree to make small monthly payments on your debt.

First 12