Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I'm done buying smart phones.

They're bulky. The battery life blows. The call quality sucks on 50% of the phones. You have to pay ridiculous prices for internet.

My old "Candy bar" styled Nokia did three things great. No dropped calls EVER, quick and easy text-ing and a battery that lasted 5 days and on top of all that, it uses a $5 internet plan with Tmobile. I'm going back to that.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

just ordered my 3 smart phone- HTC inspire

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Android

$70 unlimited data plan.

Posting from the phone, while downloading a 253MB Seinfeld episode, and watching line movement on SBR odds. All of this done using 4G service. Dowloand takes about 10 minutes.

The Sensei
    The Sensei's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

smart phones are the shizzzz

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

batteries are shit on these phones..hope they come out with better tech for battery life soon

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Android

$70 unlimited data plan.

Posting from the phone, while downloading a 253MB Seinfeld episode, and watching line movement on SBR odds. All of this done using 4G service. Dowloand takes about 10 minutes.
    I could buy an unlocked one of these and use it with my $5 tzones. How's the battery?

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I remember a nokia I had, I'd drop it, it'd break up into 10 pieces, I'd put 'em all back together and make a call no problem.

These new phones have gotten bigger, heavier and warmer, but having the internet is nice.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I remember a nokia I had, I'd drop it, it'd break up into 10 pieces, I'd put 'em all back together and make a call no problem.

These new phones have gotten bigger, heavier and warmer, but having the internet is nice.
    You can have the internet on a non smart phone. I'm thinking of buying an unlocked Nokia C5. Download the Opera Browser and you're good to go.

If I need to use my old smart phone I can tether internet through the Nokia.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Get a car charger or a 2nd wall charger and leave it at work. As for dropping your phone, get an otterbox.