TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

What's the worst job you've ever had?

I think my worst job was cleaning fish aquariums at schools. Little kids constantly bothering you and then crying when their fish died. Those fish were always dying too.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Every summer when I came back from Juniors, 4 years straight, and worked at Eljer as summer help... after working that job I never complained about a job since, worst physical labor in the worst conditions I have been put through.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Selling garbage to old people with no money. Had to sit at their kitchen table and lie to them. Then when they would not buy you called the boss and he would demand you keep trying before you left. This was before cell phoes so you had to borrow the old peoples fukkin phone.

I lasted 2 days.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

UPS....Had to work your way up to become a driver.

Nothing worse than driving 45 minutes at 2 in the morning to get there by 3 and work til 8 in the morning. Then leaving there getting to my main job by 9 and work til 5. Had to pull fukkin boxes out of the semi's and throw them over my damn head onto the belt so they could scan and put them in their proper trucks for delivery. Called me back in the summer to see if I wanted to drive after only working there 2 days and quitting, interview lady loved me.

Quit the UPS job after 2 days, was too much, and went full time at other place.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bb_skoots View Post
    Selling garbage to old people with no money. Had to sit at their kitchen table and lie to them. Then when they would not buy you called the boss and he would demand you keep trying before you left. This was before cell phoes so you had to borrow the old peoples fukkin phone. I lasted 2 days.
    Cutco?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

making donuts at this hot-assed place with this asshole named keith

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    Cutco?
    It was in 1983, so I dont remember. They skipped town a week after I left. I believe they were shysters from New Jersey.

1983 was a bad year in Ohio to find a job.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Worst job I ever had?

Mopping up splooge in a 25 cent Times Square peep show.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

gambling

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

UPS was actually the last job I've held, back when I was 19. Been self-employed ever since. My job was to grab my scanner with the finger attachment, and at random times, go into each truck being loaded and pick a package and scan it, to make sure the package had been scanned already. Pretty easy job, but the hours were too difficult to maintain plus go to college fulltime.

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    UPS....Had to work your way up to become a driver.

Nothing worse than driving 45 minutes at 2 in the morning to get there by 3 and work til 8 in the morning. Then leaving there getting to my main job by 9 and work til 5. Had to pull fukkin boxes out of the semi's and throw them over my damn head onto the belt so they could scan and put them in their proper trucks for delivery. Called me back in the summer to see if I wanted to drive after only working there 2 days and quitting, interview lady loved me.

Quit the UPS job after 2 days, was too much, and went full time at other place.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Loading trucks overnight at UPS for 5 years. My body could never get adjusted to the time. Sleep in the day for a few hours. I would vomit a lot. Doing the unload is the introduction to the job. It's like being buried alive with boxes. If you were late, they'd call your house in the middle of the night. No air condition. Summer nights were brutal. A solid soaked sweaty shirt. The job gave me a herniated disk. They asked me if I wanted to be a driver. they make good money. I said no. It's a military style company. I hated it but was in a rut with great benefits (the best)

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68533

Having to tell an 80 year old mother that her 50 year old only child had died while working for me.
    I will never get over it.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Loading trucks overnight at UPS for 5 years. My body could never get adjusted to the time. Sleep in the day for a few hours. I would vomit a lot. Doing the unload is the introduction to the job. It's like being buried alive with boxes. If you were late, they'd call your house in the middle of the night. No air condition. Summer nights were brutal. A solid soaked sweaty shirt. The job gave me a herniated disk. They asked me if I wanted to be a driver. they make good money. I said no. It's a military style company. I hated it but was in a rut with great benefits (the best)
    Our UPS driver at the company I worked at told me the drivers get paid well. Guy was pulling around 70 a year...With no schooling something like that would be tough to pass up. But when some of the guys digging out boxes had been doing that for a couple years without being promoted to driver, I kinda got over it.

Wasn't bad until you got to the shit underneath that you had to lift above your head, then it started getting tiring.

Happy with my decision...

mangina11
    mangina11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Working at chipendales, having women touching my naked body and begging me to sleep with them. Lost a lot of good semen then.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    **** the benefits if they gon get you a herniated disk while performing the job son!

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im on my 2nd job EVER. Worked in a pharmacy like 2 months ago only lasted 3 weeks. Work was ok but I can say it was my WORST JOB. I had to fill/get your prescriptions. Have to handle the phones both in Spansih and English while standing for an 8 hour shift straight with a dislocated disk in my lower back. The constant bending over and customer shit attitudes were enough. I didnt quit I got fired for ******* leaning up against the counter. I had no choice since my back would hurt hard as ****. Im sitting in my office right now feeling great. 2nd job is cool as **** now I could beat my dick if I wanted to but instead Im on SBR.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by mangina11 View Post
    Working at chipendales, having women touching my naked body and begging me to sleep with them. Lost a lot of good semen then.
    I could never make it to chipandales, got stuck in some hole in a wall with % 80 of them being 60+ year old women.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

A runner at the Chicago Board of Trade. i did this for a month back in 94 when i was in college and the job itself sucked, supposedly there was a lot of upside from the connections you could make, which is how everything went there, definitely not what you knew, but who you knew. Pay was a joke, like 5 something an hour. i quit to go back to making much better money at Bennigans.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Never work in my life

gambling is my job

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Prolly the one I got now. Never get off work on time. Always late!!! But my other job is the greatest ever. So I guess they cancel out and I'm a pretty happy dude (aside from BB gambling)

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Being a loan officer at a consumer finance company. Spending 6 hours a day calling old people trying to collect debts.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

I was a funding manager at a corporate leasing firm...dealt with frat boy account executive slackoffs in their 40s wondering why their deals hadn't gone through yet.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14840

For me, it was working the bottle and can recycling counter at the supermarket. Pretty tough job - everyone in line all demanding for their recycle cash, while getting pretty dirty with all the different colors of glass.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Probably this traveling inventory job I worked at for a couple years when I was 20. $9 an hour, and some of the stores we traveled to were up to an hour and a half away, and we didn't get paid for the travel time. That is 3 hours of travel time in the company van for some of the jobs that I wouldn't get paid for. And there was never any kind of time frame for each job other than a rough guesstimate, you just had to work until the entire store was finished however long it took. Some days I went in at 5PM or whatever expecting to be home by 11 or so, the job took longer than expected, and end up getting home at 3AM.
    Last edited by 70kgman; 07-26-11 at 01:55 PM.

thejanitor
    thejanitor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1779

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    All of 'em. Never liked a one. Worst would have to be selling books door to door in college. Although having been on the other side I'm the nicest person now you'll encounter if you're selling door to door. If I answer the door that is.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

This is pretty interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    I was a funding manager at a corporate leasing firm...dealt with frat boy account executive slackoffs in their 40s wondering why their deals hadn't gone through yet.
    Damn Fuzzy didn't you ever bus tables or something like that?

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

As a child I did some summer painting for a private contractor who didn't pay me for my last week of work. He did a horrible job too, painting right over dirt, cobwebs, and other crap that should've been cleaned off. And it was my mom's house

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    As a child I did some summer painting for a private contractor who didn't pay me for my last week of work. He did a horrible job too, painting right over dirt, cobwebs, and other crap that should've been cleaned off. And it was my mom's house

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I worked in a freezer plant throwing bags of frozen vegetables into boxes. Half the building was 28 degrees and the other half was 0 degreees. Sucked ass in the summer and the winter.

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

I worked in an industrial bakery for 5 years when I was young and dumb. lifted thousands of pounds a day, very fast paced, and it was run by jews for the kosher angle. it sucked ass by far above any other job for pressure, physical labor, and working conditions. pay was good though

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22846

Actually enjoyed them all At times frustated But again felt fullfilment from them all

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Refereeing boys basketball games. Hardest damn work you could ask for.

Brock Landers

great thread!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

selling stupid books door to door

I was when I lost over 50,000 when I was like 30 years old and things went bad
    Had to get a job or Mom said I was in the fukkin street
    I was like 300 pounds then and did it in the summer'
    Most people slammed door in my face, plus I looked like a fukkin dick with the comb over bald look

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Sold boxes of meat off the back of a truck. You've all probably seen these idiots before. Boss kept getting mad because I wouldn't knock on people's doors (only tried selling to businesses), since I had too much shame. Boss was a born-again who would make us sit there in the morning before we left and listen to his motivation techniques for an hour or two. Seemed to be the only way he could get some of the drivers to work. Company went under a year after I left.

I also bagged 50lb bags of ice and loaded them onto a truck for a few months (I was like 120lb myself at the time), but that paled in comparison to the meat job.

1234 Last