shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Just got told my son's a future criminal who's going to hell

I'd be crying right now if I wasn't in shock.

My son's grandmother and her friend were just at my house and this video came on TV because the guy's been charged but was allowed to have his bird back. My son giggled his bum off when he saw the bird and kept doing it for the whole thing. The grandmother's friend went off at me saying I should spank him to teach him that "God doesn't find this funny" and so he doesn't grow up to be a "man who kicks dogs". WTF right? My son's not even 2 years old. It frightens me that there are people like this out in the world - that's why I'm really hesitant to put my son into childcare of any sort. Needless to say I booted her from my house and she'll never be near my son again.

Anyway, here's the video. A 22mth old should be spanked for giggling at this?? Fukking freakshow of a woman.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Don't take any notice of her shari, you are a nice person and I am sure all of your good attributes will be passed onto your son.

It is just absurd to say such things about a human so young and innocent.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27642

Sell the bird, buy some teeth.

Tomahawk
    Tomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2957

This is not animal torturing, the bird wasn't tied to the windshield wiper so I think there's no problem with your son.

If you son was laughing at parrots crashing on the windshield and splittering their blood all over it then wiping them down with a windshield cleaner, so that would be a problem.

Maybe the guy was charged for doing this but in my eyes this is not crime. The guy wasn't going too fast so the bird was safely riding.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

looks pretty extremely harmless to me

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

guess I'm going to hell myself for hitting dogs that crap in my yard.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some women get off on trying to make other women feel like bad or inadequate mothers. Thats the issue here and not the video IMO. Women just arent that supportive of one another.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

How do they feel about your gambling?

shari91

Thanks guys. Normally I don't vent about this stuff but I happened to be working at the time so you guys had the pleasure of hearing me whine.

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    How do they feel about your gambling?
    No problem with that at all. Gambling is a small part of why I'm able to stay at home with my son instead of returning to FT work outside of the house so people who know about it are quite supportive of it. The only people I've encountered who have a massive issue with it are guys who are shitty gamblers themselves.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Thanks guys. Normally I don't vent about this stuff but I happened to be working at the time so you guys had the pleasure of hearing me whine. No problem with that at all. Gambling is a small part of why I'm able to stay at home with my son instead of returning to FT work outside of the house so people who know about it are quite supportive of it. The only people I've encountered who have a massive issue with it are guys who are shitty gamblers themselves.

So You're a "semi-pro" gambler, since you don't need to work fulltime you must make really good money at either your part-time job or gambling, to be able to support yourself and kid. Maybe I should start blindly tailing?

Pay no mind to the old hag. I would kick her in the oyster for saying that (if I were a woman of course).....

COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7572

dont let the ********** bother you shari, tell the woman

shari91

Haha Coylo, that's great! I'm saving that one for future reference

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    So You're a "semi-pro" gambler, since you don't need to work fulltime you must make really good money at either your part-time job or gambling, to be able to support yourself and kid. Maybe I should start blindly tailing? Pay no mind to the old hag. I would kick her in the oyster for saying that (if I were a woman of course).....
    Nah, not even close to a semi-pro gambler. Just flukey enough to usually make a bit more than I lose overall so the money helps out and the anti-gambling brigade can't really fault me for anything. And you're right - she does deserve a kick in the oyster but I'll just let it go now that I've had the chance to get it off of my chest. I was pretty upset at the time but now I'm finding it rather funny. My son laughs at his poop and cracks up when I sneeze. He's a toddler who can't even string 3 words together yet. If she thinks that by his laughing at a bird means he's going to be a deranged devil worshipper, then she can go f herself.

tomcast
    tomcast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

My parents were told more than once that I was sure to go to hell but I turned out okay
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave tomcast 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you're overreacting a bit but it's understandable as that mother instinct is biologically ingrained. That being said, if it's always really getting to you stop respecting the concept of "blood" then re-evaluate relationships. I know my life improved dramatically after I did that. Life's too short to be bothered by idiots you feel you have to surround yourself with. And you should probably stop being surprised about people being as stupid as they are.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I see nothing wrong with the video or your son laughing. If someone said that to my two year old son, (not like I have one) I would do a lot more then just kick them out of my house. Esp. if they said that, to him.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

haha that guy posted tons of videos of him and the bird driving. bird seems to enjoy it.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Grandma prolly has Alzheimer's.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I was waiting for something bad to happen to that bird. Nothing bad happened.

The lady is crazy. Probably one of those God fearing kooks that try to push their religion onto others.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I was waiting for something bad to happen to the bird, and nothing.

thejanitor
    thejanitor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1779

Birds fly faster than that guy was driving. The bird was kinda looking back signaling "is that all you got?"

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Yeah, the bird was having fun DE FIJO!

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

i giggled throughout the video too.

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

When I was growing up my brothers and I were not spanked, we were beat down with belts, sandals, wired clothes hangers, and well anything my mom could get her hands on. bottom-line that shit kept us in line, looking back that shit hurt. Present day I would never do that to my son, I punish him by taking away things he likes (tv time, toys, and games). My son is 3 going on 4 and yes he has his days where he acts up but he is a kid. I feel like I know my son because my wife and I try and teach him right from wrong, remember they are kids and innocent and do not know the difference between right & wrong. Just be there for your son and try to teach him to be a good kid.
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave AlphaOmega 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

good for you for kicking her out. It takes some balls to stand up to people.

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

i was expecting something to happen. but nothing did so i dont see how this is torture at all. the worlds a sad sad place where people are overly sensitive and feel its their duty to report anything out of the ordinary. the bar for what makes it animal cruelty has drastically been lowered if this counts. i used to have a parrot too when i was younger, and it actually liked sitting on my shoulder while i was running.
    i feel sorry for the kids gramma, pretty square women

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

haha wtf, kid is only 22 months old. mind hasn't even started to develop. don't take a thing she said to heart.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

No worries shari, heaven and hell only exist in a book. Your kid will be fine because you are his mother.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12563

Then there are also people out there who treat animals better than humans. Shake it off Shari, you are correct on this one. We cannot get rid of everyone in our life who has a different opinion than our own. Weird the lady feels comfy enough with you to let you know what she thinks. Looks to me like you found a way for you and your son to share some quality time having fun instead of being crabby.

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Seth needs to get away from his witch of a mother and come to a warm, cosy home in Liverpool, where a degenerate gambler will take him to Liverpool matches home and away and turn him into a hooligan.

Fuk, that's not right, is it?

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

you will encounter people in life like this . pay no attention to them. when you react to what was said you let that person win. even throwing her out was extreme. just laugh at what the old coot says and thats all.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

As a kid, I was never spoiled with things my folks could not afford. My neighbors had a son who grew up the same age as I and were cocky that their son would turn out better than me since they could afford anything to make their son's future better than mine.
    When I got home late or got bad grades in school, my parents beat me with a cowboy belt. When the neighbor's son got home late or got bad grades, they just took away his allowance.
    1 year after high school, I continued college. 1 year after high school, my neighbor's son crashed the family car, got a DUI, and lost his college scholarship.
    Who's knows whatever happened to him, all I know is that Shari has treated us fair as a MOD in this place and I'm sure everything is gonna be all right for her son's future.

AceJack1980
    AceJack1980's Avatar Become A Pro!

that lady is crazy, its not like he was laughing at a video of someone beating a homeless guy or something. that little bird was a trooper for staying on there lol your son is normal, and that old lady was normal in her day but she is not normal now an you did the right thing by kicking her ass out.

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    My son's grandmother and her friend were just at my house and this video came on TV because the guy's been charged but was allowed to have his bird back. My son giggled his bum off when he saw the bird and kept doing it for the whole thing. The grandmother's friend went off at me saying I should spank him to teach him that "God doesn't find this funny" and so he doesn't grow up to be a "man who kicks dogs".
    Is she mentally all there? Does she take everything seriously and only accept comments directed toward her if they're praising? I'm curious how correct, if any, that this person's a less intelligent version of my mom, which is the vibe I'm getting.
    Last edited by poochiecollins; 07-05-11 at 08:18 AM.

charlesbroccoli
    charlesbroccoli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5829

nothing wrong with the video...older people takes things too seriously

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Shari did a pump-and-dump with this thread.

12 Last