poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Do a 2 week hard core detox system. Hardcore one, not a sissy overpriced/overhyped bullsh!t either. No sugars and fruits. Serious no fruit. Cut you dairy back to nothing if you can. Try unsweetened almond milk, only 35 caleries per serving. Quinoa is a great alternative to pasta and rice. This can be had at almost every meal as your carb along with veggies. Stick to fish and chicken breast meat and you'll be on your way. Oh yah, low sodium, sodium will make you look pudgy. Drink lots of water! Good Luck
    Why no fruit? The sugars in them might cause extra cravings, but maybe they're not a problem for him?

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by dom75 View Post
    That tuna diet sounds pretty interesting. I think I might try that from time to time to lose some poundage.
    You miss the part where it's bad for you? :-P If you want to do something hardcore-but-not-stupidly-unhealthy, have both varied vegetables and lean meats/fish. I would add a multi-vitamin too, like any instance where major food groups are cut out. If you're not going completely hardcore, add fruit too.

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by eldian View Post
    -eliminate your sugar intake -eliminate your sodium intake -eliminate fried food -eliminate process food
    The best part of your post. At least consuming those items only in low quantities is a good goal.

-eat smaller meals at 3-4hrs frequency -eat 4-6 meals per day
    It's been proven that eating smaller, more frequent meals doesn't burn more calories, if that's what you're going for. I found this out quickly through Googling something like, "do frequent meals burn more calories" without quotes.

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Don't sleep, if you stay awake for 2 weeks you can lose 10 lbs with your current diet.

Emiliano
    Emiliano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Nice stuff.
    I think exercise is the best way which we could loss our weight easily, we do jogging, running, walking and swimming for reduces our weight and looking so fit and smart.
    Rancho Cucamonga Personal Trainer

dxunchuk
    dxunchuk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

training training and once more training

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post
    30 minute crossfit workouts (google it). Paleo/low carb diet consisting of lean meats, eggs, leafy green veggies, nuts, and some minimal fruit. Minimal carb, no beer. Should be able to drop 10 lbs of fat easily in 10 days.
    This is very sound advice. Putting your body into ketosis coupled with workout will burn excess fat really fast for the first 1-2 weeks. You need to cur carbs to minimum and get most of your calories from fat though.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Putting your body into ketosis will certainly lead to weight loss. Unfortunately, you will lose muscle as well as fat, even if you're lifting. You NEED carbs to build/retain muscle, no way around this.

As for the no fruit, I think it's gotten blown out of proportion quite a bit here. Fruit is fine for the large majority of people. The only people it can have a negative effect on are people that are carb sensitive. Certain fruits may have a high glycemic index but almost all fruits have a low glycemic load, which is more important.

The wisest thing you could do is get your hands on a glucometer, they're very cheap. Get some glucose strips, they're a bit more expensive. Test your sugar 15-30 minutes after eating foods and keep a diary. You will be able to see which foods spike your blood sugar and tweak your diet based off these results. My sugars ideally stay between 65 and 90, even after eating. However, I was at work the other night and someone brought in some caramel apples. I ate a few and felt very strange after it, so I tested my sugar and it was 178! The highest I've EVER seen it. Guess what, no more caramel apples for this guy

Also, the fat instead carbs debate is nothing new. However, current research does NOT conclude that fat is a better energy source than carbs. This may be because there is actually very little literature currently available on Paleo type diets or it may be because fat just isn't a better option. It's important to note this because so many people say things as though they're fact or based on sound scientific reasoning when in fact it is not. And this is the case here. This is called an opinion and should not be stated as fact.

Just pick better carbs and know what each food does to your blood glucose. You'll be fine.

juuso

On paleo diet You'll still get adequate protein for muscles and liver will manufacture enough glucogen for essential bodily function. If there's muscle loss, it'll be negligible compared to low calorie high carbohydrate diets. For me, 2 week ketogenic diets (less than 20g carbs a day) have been very effective. Can't go that low much longer. Now days, I do about 50g carbs each day. Mostly fresh vegetables and some berries. I'm very sensitive to carbs though. Hunger control has been the best effect for living low-carb lifestyle. I often eat only once a day and stay in good shape with plenty of energy throughout the day.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Juuso, I see, you're doing 2 week long ketosis. You probably said that in your other post and I just missed it. That's absolutely doable. For some reason I was assuming you were doing this long term. It's good you know you're carb sensitive. I'm not at all that I know of. However, what I am worried about is that my pancreas is just pumping out tons of insulin to compensate for my carbs and I'm becoming insulin resistant. I'm pretty sure there's a lab test for insulin resistance and I think one day I'll look into it.

Glad what you're doing is working!

juuso

Yeah, it's working for me, but I do realize insulin resistant carb sensitive people are probably statistical outliers. I was sugar and junk food addict at one point and probably was close to type-2 diabetes. Most healthy people can handle their carbs.

This is just the best way for me to feel healthy. It certainly is not for everyone...
    Last edited by juuso; 08-05-11 at 06:40 AM.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

The hcg is by far the best method for quick weight loss. I did a 40 day round and lost 25 pounds and I cheated a few times.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

stop drinking beer and fried foods. start to run on the ol hampster wheel. drink a lot of water.

babyjesus

Quote Originally Posted by bachngocduong View Post
    no eat no drink keep FUK
    the fukin diet works

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Steroids are the best
    Pills
    Coke but expensive
    lol, be careful with the coke these days. it rots flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    Lots of water
    2 eggs in the morning
    Get your carbs from veggies (greens) and a couple servings of nuts.
    2/3 oz of cheese
    Tilapia fish
    Tilapia is so legit.

babyjesus

Quote Originally Posted by eldian View Post
    Here's some tip to anyone who wants to lose weight.

-drink 6-10cups of water every day

-eliminate your sugar intake
    -eliminate your sodium intake
    -eliminate fried food
    -eliminate process food

-do not starve yourself
    -eat smaller meals at 3-4hrs frequency
    -eat 4-6 meals per day
    -eat a balance meal(protein, good carb, good fat)

-get your carb source from oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potato and veggies
    -get your protein source from white meat (fish, chicken breast, turkey breast) and lean red meat
    -eat dark and colorful veggies but all veggies are ok

-do cardio everyday for atleast 20mins (high intensity interval training, kickboxing, boxing, swimming)
    -weight train 3-4 times a week to build muscle which helps burn fat off your body

-get 7-8hrs of sleep at night
    great breakdown, i'd have to agree with all of that. especially the sleep part.

Quote Originally Posted by crjohnson32 View Post
    all of that is great, but a crystal meth binge is the most effective way to lose weight
    indeeeed.

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post

only eat once a day.

want to lose 20 pounds by end of year.
    Eat 6 small meals a day. One meal a day won't work.

Emiliano
    Emiliano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jcadwell View Post
    why is it so hard for people to understand? eat less, exercise more. Americans eat way too much.
    I strongly agree....its just a wild ghost chase to searching for weight lose without controlling diet .....
    Rancho Cucamonga Personal Trainer

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

You don't sound fat. And there's no way to lose pounds besides eating right and exercising. If you're a total slug and you eat like crap every day, you could work out (cardio) every day and eat nothing but fish, chicken and veggies and you'll lose probably 5-10 pounds. Otherwise, not much is gonna help this quickly.

rki999
    rki999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Slow down and monitor your body in a peace, please.

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

start smoking some crack. It will do the trick in no time.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

seriously just eat a salad at noon and a salad at 530 maybe some protein mixed in somewhere in there and dont drink pop or any of that shit and youll be good

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

sweat... steam rooms, sauna.. go jogging

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Keep thinking of your wife/gf having affairs with your buddies...you will lose weight and hair!

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

exercise and diet. nothing will ever beat it. its boring and it sucks but it works

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    Keep thinking of your wife/gf having affairs with your buddies...you will lose weight and hair!
    Their ripped bodies, all of them at the same time... to the tune of, "It's Raining Men."

First 123