COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7296

new pup help please

got a staffordshire bull terrier pup earlier, im about to go to bed and the little shit wont stop whinning. any non violent ways of shutting him up lol.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Let It in the room with u

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Not sure if this will help, but it did the first night with my puppy. I used one of those old school ticking alarm clocks, wrapped it in a blanket and placed it in her bed, tucked up against her. Apparently the ticking simulates the heartbeat of their siblings or their mother and helps calm them down. Problem is I didn't have one at home so I had to go to a 24hr Kmart to get one. If you have one, try it out.

After the first night though, I didn't really sleep that much the first few days. I just let her in my room with me and gave up. Your puppy's scared and has no clue wtf is going on so you'll just have to help him adjust to a new environment. Still sucks for your beauty sleep though. Congrats on your new puppy by the way

COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO

dont fancy letting him in my room to much stuff to chew on.

may look for one of those clocks shari sounds like a good idea, i meant to take a blanket to rub on his mum for her scent but i forgot

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Last puppy I had did the same thing. Try letting it in the room and put in a large box or crate if you have one around the house. I put mine next to bed and it finally stopped whining.

COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO

little shit factory has stopped.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by COYLO View Post
    little shit factory has stopped.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

hahaha I just got a Yorkshire Puppy and its a handful but its also the biggest chick magnet

onizuka
    onizuka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2533

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    hahaha I just got a Yorkshire Puppy and its a handful but its also the biggest chick magnet
    Agree with you, puppy always be a chick magnet

LarrysKid
    LarrysKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1479

Decent size box close to the bed or just outside the room with old towels or blankets and chew toys can help. I also take my dogs out to play about an hour before I want to go to sleep so they will get tired. Puppies can be tough because they are in new surroundings and of course they are scared.

COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post

yeah im taking him to the vet's for a check up and there all female a few hotties too

COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO