VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

Thinking about going to school to be a...

computer technician. Anyone know how the job market is in that area here from personal experience? Either that or to be an automotive technician. I'm a half year in business school right now and to be honest it really isn't me.

I know this isn't the best place to get advice lol Just need a gamblers point of view.

I know that there are posters that are succesful in there career and still have fun gambling. You can't all be degenerates lol.

tenbas
    tenbas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3855

Sell all your belongings, put it on black.
    Also, drop from BS LOL.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

I think this whole "computer" fad is gonna fade away pretty soon. You're better off doing what tenbas said, except put it on red.

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

As long as it's a legit program and not a DeVry or ITT Tech I say go for it.

OneLossParlayGuy
    OneLossParlayGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

go for it.....

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

yea go for it... i say put it on red too.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    I think this whole "computer" fad is gonna fade away pretty soon. You're better off doing what tenbas said, except put it on red.
    you think computers are a fad my god that was one of the most pathetic things someone on this forum has said.

But dont go into the computer business if you dont have any idea of what you are doing if you think you can just go to school and learn computers your not gonna get a good paying job. The technology market changes every single month and keeping up with technology is extremely complex. If you already have a lot of talent in the business then go for it but if you dont know much about computers dont touch it, because its a extremely competitive market.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by slatter View Post
    As long as it's a legit program and not a DeVry or ITT Tech I say go for it.
    This, a legit school degree goes alot further than the "tech" schools.

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    you think computers are a fad my god that was one of the most pathetic things someone on this forum has said.

But dont go into the computer business if you dont have any idea of what you are doing if you think you can just go to school and learn computers your not gonna get a good paying job. The technology market changes every single month and keeping up with technology is extremely complex. If you already have a lot of talent in the business then go for it but if you dont know much about computers dont touch it, because its a extremely competitive market.

I have a lot of experience with computers and some experience building them.

Thanks for the response.

dizzy_7
    dizzy_7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Is there really a lot of money building and servicing computers???

Tomahawk
    Tomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2957

Quote Originally Posted by VTranX View Post
    I have a lot of experience with computers and some experience building them.

Thanks for the response.
    I built my first computer when I was 11.

I wrote my first computer software when I was 15.

And now I'm at the University studiing computer engineering.

Heading to get $2000 monthly so I could gamble more.

Tomahawk
    Tomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2957

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy_7 View Post
    Is there really a lot of money building and servicing computers???
    Nope but programming computers and programming routers and switches yes.

Every good computer programer can build and service a computer but they don't do it couse it pays less.

But not every computer technician can write good computer programs.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11338

I'll chime in here since I'm in the industry right now. I went to school and got a 2 year degree (AS) in Information Systems & Technology (which I can always transfer all of my credits to a 4 year and finish my bachelors if I want) as well as getting a certificate in PC Support. After I finished school I was looking for work for a good 3-4 months and wasn't getting shit. Was putting my resume EVERYWHERE. I finally got picked up by a software company a couple of weeks ago doing Tech Support and the pay is decent, but man did it take a while to find a job.

Technology is an ever changing field so you HAVE to adapt and learn new things even if you find a job, but I would highly recommend getting your 4 year degree at an accredited university because any thing less and it will be very hard unless you have contacts in the industry. You can always do an internship or co-op and that company will probably hire you once your done with school.