UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Anyone here served on Jury duty?

I was summoned today and was there for 3 hours and they told me to come back tomorrow at 8am. My employer pays for 20 days worth of Jury duty service.

Speaking of which what are the guidelines for showing up to work after Jury duty?

Like i usually work from 5pm-7am everyday so obviously i cant be expected to go to work and then directly to Jury duty and never sleep. So as long as im at jury duty for any point in a given day i dont have to go to work that day correct?

Most people at my job that serve i never see them again til fridays. But im wondering if i cud somehow get in trouble for not going to work if im only at jury duty for 2-3 hours. No way for my employer to know how long i was actually there correct?

Id call my HR and verify with this but the bitch wud prab tell me i have to go to work and theyll let me off after 8 hours but im going to at least get 1 day off because of this so ill probably call tomorrow and see what they say.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

jury duty is for ppl that vote, i dont vote so have fun and dont let the killer off the hook

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

No..

Jury duty would cut into my SBR posting time..

I can't have that happen

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    jury duty is for ppl that vote, i dont vote so have fun and dont let the killer off the hook
    Not anymore. Now it's linked to your drivers license.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Spent 3 days in jury duty, rather enjoyed it. Sent some black girl to prison for selling drugs

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

yes. but got lucky when case was settled the first day.

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Allowable Excuses:
    [x] Student

Send in copy of schedule. The end.

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by illfuuptn View Post
    Allowable Excuses: [x] Student Send in copy of schedule. The end.
    I didn't ask about a excuse to get out of it. Why would i rather work than sit in a court room for 2 hours a day and get 6 hours worth of breaks or sent home after 2 hours.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I keep getting letters to serve. Hilarious. I just ignore them. I have a fukkin felony.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    Spent 3 days in jury duty, rather enjoyed it. Sent some black girl to prison for selling drugs
    You bastard

hugh_morris
    hugh_morris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

lets face it...its just a pain in the balls...been called three times, each time was just a little more shitty than the last...
    remember, when the letter arrives...oooopps, damn thing got lost in the mail..happens everyday....peace

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    I didn't ask about a excuse to get out of it. Why would i rather work than sit in a court room for 2 hours a day and get 6 hours worth of breaks or sent home after 2 hours.
    That wasn't advice. I was just bragging.

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I keep getting letters to serve. Hilarious. I just ignore them. I have a fukkin felony.
    I dont understand why people hate it. If you have a job and your employer pays for your jury duty service why wud you not rather be on your laptop chatting on sbr and getting paid vs working. I take it most of the people that hate jury duty dont have jobs.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

When I received notice of jury duty I drew a big swastika on it taped it back up in the envelope and wrote 'return to sender'.
    Surely enough, I have never heard anything else out of these people.

30K Millionaire
    Fade Yourself
    30K Millionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 592

I don't think your work would find out how long you were there. The court will give you a paper to turn in confirming the days, but not hours.

Working 5pm-7am everyday?! Those are some crappy hours.

joe blow
    joe blow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 99

it's easy to get out of.just rply back with
    1-My job is my families sole income,if i don't work ,i don't get paid
    2-I don't drive,i take the bus to work.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    You bastard

I just enjoyed the trial, would have enjoyed it just as much if it was a white guy that we sent to prison.

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by 30K Millionaire View Post
    I don't think your work would find out how long you were there. The court will give you a paper to turn in confirming the days, but not hours. Working 5pm-7am everyday?! Those are some crappy hours.
    Thanks. Someone actually answered the question and didnt spew senseless bs in my thread.

Did i ask about how to get out of jury duty?

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

i never have but i bet there r cute women everywhere

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Not anymore. Now it's linked to your drivers license.
    -- Different counties do it different ways---in my county it comes from property tax rolls--if you rent you will never be called.

ttrace35

I just enjoyed the trial, would have enjoyed it just as much if it was a white guy that we sent to prison.
    I'm just joking. She prolly deserved it.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Work doesn't pay you, it is an excused absence nothing more or less, that is different of course if you're salaried. You're paid like 25 dollars a day to sit there.

mitote
    mitote's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5348

During Voir dire tell the attorney his client looks guilty! You will B dismissed and still get paid!

UntilTheNDofTimE

Duece any employer thats worth a shit " pays" your 8 hour sslary to be there.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I served and I'm not sure about your situation. Just ask the person there.

And the people who tell you to give excuses have never served before. I was told to say I was racist or show up with a racist shirt. Once you get there you realize doing any of those two would just seem stupid and get you nowhere.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Been summoned twice.....both times I splashed beer and whiskey on myself like cologne and acted a little drunk. Got dismissed from the pool with a quickness. Should work everytime.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a job and hate jury duty!

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    I dont understand why people hate it. If you have a job and your employer pays for your jury duty service why wud you not rather be on your laptop chatting on sbr and getting paid vs working. I take it most of the people that hate jury duty dont have jobs.
    Some people have jobs where it is a problem if they are out, or if they miss a few days it can be really overwhelming...

jim
    jim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2386

served once many years ago, kept getting annoyed at being marched in and out of the room whenever a legal argument was hashed out. guess there was no ''sidebar'' discussions like i keep seeing from the televised cases on tv so not sure if they still do that, here in canada.

-----------------------------------------------

no points for you, jobu! - sbr management

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They would not know your status on jury duty and probably would not care

I would love to be on a Jury and have Tracer on other side

I would convict his black ass

Lets face it a guy like him is dangerous on the street

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

In Nevada it is hard to get out of. They don't care if your a student or are the sole income provider of your household. They want you to show, or will let you reschedule for a future date.

Here they summon you from drivers licences and Nevada Energy. So if you drive and have a home with power, you can get summoned.

My advice for you to do if you don't want selected to sit on the jury. Is to find out the case, and somehow come up with a story that involves something along the same lines of the case. One of the two will not want you. Example: Burglary. Tell your house was robbed or your car got stolen. Make sure you have a story to back it, like when and where it happen.

Deuce, my employer pays for jury duty.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

That is the best advice. My case involved cops and anyone who said they knew a cop as a friend was dismissed.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20505

I served on a jury once. I don't think you'll get in trouble for taking the days off work, but then again I don't know your employer.

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

I was just summoned last week. Went and sat around with 100 people for a few hours. Half the people there are Chinese or Hispanic and are playing the "i no speak engrish" card but the woman in charge is not dismissing any of them.

When they call us into the room where both Lawyers are telling us about the case you must remember the 6 words i was told to remember by some lawyer blog. It will ALWAYS get you out of jury duty if you say these words "I cannot be fair and impartial"

Come up with a logical reason why you are saying this and bada bing you are dismissed.

The case was a car accident where they were suing for damages and would have been a pain in the ass to sit there for a week listening to damage reports.

Then the lawyer mentioned that the driver was a yellow taxi and immediately i got my opening for the "I cannot be fair and impartial" because i happen to hate taxi cabs with a passion.

Boom within 1 minute another black dude says he too hates taxi's "Lol" and we were both dismissed and out of jury duty for another 8 years at least!

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I have, it was a good case too. hope to do it again someday

12 Last