will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I had a gall bladder operation 2.5 days ago..Major gangrene was discovered

I went to an ER less than a month ago and they found nothing. Two days ago I was in the worst pain of my life (in the abdomen) I call 911. I swear this pain would make anyone want to scream or cry.

I had it taken out, the doctor said that I had a hernia along with major gangrene on my gall bladder.

2 ways to think. The first diagnosis gave me a month of torture while putting my health in jeopardy. Obviously, I'm thinking, should I sue for them risking my life and pain and suffering?

I just got home and was subscribed percocet. As I'm typing, the soreness is giving me a stabbing feeling. I'm thinking is a lawsuit a possiblity. Any lawyers here?

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Where's Deuce?

Not-A-Kid
    Not-A-Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8134

A). What symptoms did you have when you first went to the ER a month ago and how long had you been having them?

B). What tests did they run on you when you were there? (i.e. X-rays, CT Scan, blood tests)

C). Did they schedule a follow up appointment with your primary care doc and did you go to it?

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Unlikely. You have to demonstrate gross negligence, now if your symptoms pointed to further testing and they didn't do that then you may have a case however if they could demonstrate that additional procedures were not medically necessary then you are shit out of luck. Just be happy you're not dead.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    I went to an ER less than a month ago and they found nothing. Two days ago I was in the worst pain of my life (in the abdomen) I call 911. I swear this pain would make anyone want to scream or cry.

I had it taken out, the doctor said that I had a hernia along with major gangrene on my gall bladder.

2 ways to think. The first diagnosis gave me a month of torture while putting my health in jeopardy. Obviously, I'm thinking, should I sue for them risking my life and pain and suffering?

I just got home and was subscribed percocet. As I'm typing, the soreness is giving me a stabbing feeling. I'm thinking is a lawsuit a possiblity. Any lawyers here?

Yeah...that's the answer...only in America the first thing to do is line your pocket because you think someone screwed up

Not-A-Kid
    Not-A-Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8134

Extra Innings is right on, gotta demonstrate gross negligence, a mistake is not grounds for a suit.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

It's 50% about risking my life and 50% about the money. I'm suffering due to their medical error. Nothing wrong to want compensation for pain and suffering (and most importantly, risking my life). Thanks for the replies.

I'll go into further in the morning. I'm in tons of pain.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    It's 50% about risking my life and 50% about the money. I'm suffering due to their medical error. Nothing wrong to want compensation for pain and suffering (and most importantly, risking my life). Thanks for the replies.

I'll go into further in the morning. I'm in tons of pain.
    What was the error? What did they do wrong? Did you see a primary care physician?

If you didn't like the level of care you received, you could have went someone else. As another poster asked, What was your discharge plan and did you follow it?

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyfk View Post
    only williebee has the password for that one.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    only williebee has the password for that one.