statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Met Franco Harris today

And asked him if it was true Mean Joe spit in the face of dirty Dick Butkus

He laughed and said he could not confirm or deny.

So I told him to check out SBR and he laughed the laugh people laugh when they are trying to understand a Korean couple at a white suburban picnic...not wanting to be rude, but at the same time having no idea what the fukker said.

Nice enough guy though.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

I met Franco Harris, too. He's a really nice guy. I used to see him often at many of the restaurants in downtown Pittsburgh during the lunch hours.

slowdope
    slowdope's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cool

How is he.? Personailty wise. Friendly? Nice? Asshole?

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

My family and I were in Pittsburgh when I was a kid at a hotel planning to fly out the next day for Disneyworld. My Dad goes across the street to pick up something to snack on at a 7/11 or something, and he sees Franco Harris pumping gas. So he goes up to him, says hi and asks for an autograph for me. Franco says, "Sure, if you pump my gas." My Dad just kind of laughs and says never mind I won't bother you, don't need it that bad and goes inside the store. He comes back out and Franco stops him and laughing says, "Hey, here you go buddy." Hands him a piece of paper that says, "Next time, I'll make you pump my gas. Franco Harris."

He gave a talk to our pee-wee football team a couple years later, got him to autograph a football card. Don't think I asked him about the gas station incident, I'm sure I woulda got the same polite laugh and a "oh yeah I think I remember that...."

Everyone I know has said Franco's by far the friendliest athlete they've ever come across. He'll stop and shoot the breeze with anyone, very laid-back dude.

ElLoco23
    ElLoco23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thats really great!

ElLoco23
    ElLoco23's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was able to meet The Refrigerator Perry once, he was helping a customer at Lowes loaf up lumber on his truck.

Flyers21
    Flyers21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep very nice guy, I've met him before too.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

you know it took me forever to realize that his name was not frank o'harris

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

May the Steelers never see the lombardi trophy again..hate em...just sayin.big ben is a disgrace to the yellow and gold jersey

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    May the Steelers never see the lombardi trophy again..hate em...just sayin.big ben is a disgrace to the yellow and gold jersey
    you're just pissed they beat the seahawks in that super bowl. get over it.