bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

why calling white people white trash is not a rasism?

I just wonder why? Why do rasist words apply to blacks only? I think equality is equal to everyone - so if you have to respect the black man - you have to respect the white man also.

NEW_WORLD
    NEW_WORLD's Avatar Become A Pro!

of course you are right. but facts tell something another

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33313

Racist words do not only apply to blacks. Walk through east LA slurring Mexicans if you don't believe me. That said, there is clearly a double standard. Words like "redneck" and "white trash" are acceptable, but listing racial slurs for black people in a post would likely get me suspended from the site.

Personally, I think the best course of action to this hypocrisy is to not use any racial slurs, including the socially acceptable ones for white people. If enough people follow this course of action the hypocrisy will (hopefully) go away and people will treat other ethnic groups with a greater degree of dignity.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bozeman

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

because whites are the majority...it's bullshit but that's how it is

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

Whites are seen as being priviledged and so whatever happens to them is okay because it is not seen as being reflective of their race but the individual. Therefore calling someone white trash isn't racist because it is targeted on the individual and does not reflect the race.

Supposedly this is true in all cases when someone is white, and untrue in all caseswhen the person is not the dominant or priviledged race.

Makes perfect sense right?

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

There is a lot of uneducated ignorance on this forum. To be expected though, it's a great forum.

vill
    vill's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting opinion, I agree with you.

TTA_President
    TTA_President's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Can't agree with misspelled words. IMHO

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Great thread. I can call Illilin a white fukking Jew. But dont let me call any randomd person the "N" word or else I will get banned for racism. It does not makes any kind of sense at all.

BTW, I love corn bread and I also love $0.99 hot dog packs on sale at Vons. Nothing racist about that btw, I love me some cheap food. I cut coupons and I love Whopper Wednesdays at Burger King. Yes Sir.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    There is a lot of uneducated ignorance on this forum. To be expected though, it's a great forum.
    From a variety of colors.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Great thread. I can call Illilin a white fukking Jew. But dont let me call any randomd person the "N" word or else I will get banned for racism. It does not makes any kind of sense at all.

BTW, I love corn bread and I also love $0.99 hot dog packs on sale at Vons. Nothing racist about that btw, I love me some cheap food. I cut coupons and I love Whopper Wednesdays at Burger King. Yes Sir.

It makes perfect sense, this has and always will be a very anti-semitic forum. God Bless the uneducated ignorance amongst us! You are almost right Diggitydaggity but I am not White. Good to see you posting more lately!

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

Is this really a true story

tenbas
    tenbas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3855

IMO this happens because of the past. Black people were treated like shit and whites were masters of them (slavery). And it was not that long ago when black people became equal in the name of law. Many still insist we are not equal therefore any black racist crap is not tolerant on forums, schools, society...
    As for white trash goes... if anyone says that to me, he does not get respect in my eyes - but that is not because of the colour of his skin but his attitude.
    Everyone should be treated equally and not just whites respecting blacks but vice versa, too.

Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

what a terrible, piece of shit topic...

Oh well, this is the saloon, after all...

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fukkin honkys.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

If a black guy calls a black guy niggahh it's not racism so if a white guy is calling a white guy white trash it's not racism either.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Whites are held to a higher standard. That's all.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Without the phrase white trash you can not adequately explain Britney Spears.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2753

it's called a double standard. the world is full of them. get used to this fact, and all will be well.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6377

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    Whites are held to a higher standard. That's all.

bozeman

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    Without the phrase white trash you can not adequately explain Britney Spears.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

what are the origins of the word "cracker"?
    redneck/white trash make sense but cracker???

TRE1968
    TRE1968's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

LOL just give me my point

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

i dont believe it is racist. it refers to ones economic status (poor) and how they act (trashy) more so than the color of their skin. its no different than calling someone ghetto.

for example you wouldnt call jerry buss (owner of the lakers) white trash.

otoh this guy is the epitome of trailer trash:

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it
    dumpster diving is the best, I found a very nice humidor and 4 nice kitchen chairs a few weeks ago outside a dumpster near house. I live in auburn, so all these spoiled kids with mom and dad paying for everything will just set anything out, and I am reaping all the benefits.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Its like a comedian once said. You can make fun of rich people but making fun of poor people is cruel. You can make fun of skinny people, but making fun of fat people is cruel. The same thing applies here. No white person gets mad if a black person makes fun of them for being white.

drunkenbeaver
    drunkenbeaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

as my old boss use to say, "It is what it is". As much as I hate that comment it's true in this situation and there's nothing that can be done about it.

bozeman

thanks for the input guys. This is not poor-me-the-white-man thread and I just have my own opinion and this is not a rasist thread either, but i have some more questions about equality( plus i don't know some facts - so need education).
    1. As far as i understand black people and women in the US get special treatment (like company has to employ a certain percent of women and blacks). But victims of racial segregation have already retired or died in the US, and if we look into history like humiliation and murders of jews in Germany, Germans recognize the fact, they pay special retirement to those victims. But they don't employ Jewish Germans in every company or so. IF YOU ARE EQUAL YOU ARE A PART OF THE CROWD. that is my opinion. If you are a part of the crowd, where everybody is equal, then whoever is best for the job - should get it. AND IF WOMEN HAVE TO TAKE GOOD JOBS TO BE EQUAL - LET'S SHARE HARD JOBS LIKE COALMINERS OR CONSTRUCTION WORK WITH WOMEN TOO, IF WE INFORCE EQUALITY. Am I right or wrong?
    2. Why the fact of white people disappearing and robbed and murdered, etc. in those parts of cities where black people live isn't recognized on a national level as racism? Cause when a black person goes into the area where white people live everybody welcomes him/her, if whites decide they wanna settle in areas where black population predominates - sooner or later something bad will happen to them. I know guys and families who've done that. And they just lived nereby.
    3. What is bad about N-word, if everybody in the world knows that it means "BLACK" in Spanish? SO if the person in an offensive way tries to say to a black man he is N****. I would lauph like crazy and recognize the stupidity of that person saying I am black in Spanish as if he couldn't say you're BLANCO - ha-ha. What to get offended by? If you call somebody trash that could qualify as offense no matter if it's white trash or black trash.

horsiehung
    horsiehung's Avatar Become A Pro!

This whole thread is uselessssss

bozeman

could you list any usefulLLLL threads out of last 50 discussed in this saloon?
    I could find very few - beside nobs asking a question about him and 17-year old, are there any?

vill
    vill's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it also should be rasism.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess you could look at it as the white man IS held to a higher standard because we dont go around calling one another a racial slur that is so controversial but its ok for the black to do it because they are not expected to know any better????

Seriously, I am not a racist person, Im just asking you guys to seriously think about it. I wish racism didnt exist, but it does because we humans have eyes and brains. We see things & then judge them, & then we prejudge them with our experiences through life but mainly through our upbringing.

Things will not change until the cycle is brken, but who will break it??? Im starting to think that having the first black president has fueled racism & divided this country more than it helped.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

its true but they get away with everything anything you say to them is racism. if you dont like obama ur racist lol its a joke

mitote
    mitote's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5348

Quote Originally Posted by bozeman View Post
    could you list any usefulLLLL threads out of last 50 discussed in this saloon?
    I could find very few - beside nobs asking a question about him and 17-year old, are there any?
    I think this is a very useful thread! I also would like to see answers to bozemans questions!

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Racist words do not only apply to blacks. Walk through east LA slurring Mexicans if you don't believe me. That said, there is clearly a double standard. Words like "redneck" and "white trash" are acceptable, but listing racial slurs for black people in a post would likely get me suspended from the site.

Personally, I think the best course of action to this hypocrisy is to not use any racial slurs, including the socially acceptable ones for white people. If enough people follow this course of action the hypocrisy will (hopefully) go away and people will treat other ethnic groups with a greater degree of dignity.
    But part of the reason is that white people came up with those names, not black people. White people came up with the terms redneck and white trash not black people, not the same with the N-word, black people didnt come up with that.

12 Last