LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

Ghosting is out of hand

MODS,

You guys need to do something about the ghosting here. I recommend running a program that tracks the IP's of each user. If you see two posters posting from the same IP, you need to start investigating. Every now and then it could happen, but not all the time.

This is a huge issue that needs to be addressed for the following reasons.
    #1 Ghosts make comments knowing that if they get an infraction or a ban it will not effect their MAIN account.
    #2 It makes the points worth less, because SBR is dishing out 6 points a day to hundreds of undeserving posters.

My 2 cents!

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

I highly doubt they care

When they let a poster like Henry Hill and Henry Hillbilly post at the same time I think that lets you know right there they dont care

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!

good point Bronx

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

A lot of times the MODS themselves ghost. I questioned them on it one time (when another poster gained access to the moderators logs), don't believe me?...do a search!. John and Bill said there was "no controlling legal authority". I then got an infraction.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

It's traffic. The only issue is point scamming but those are lost anyhow.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Well having ghosts make sbr look like they have more users therefore giving a higher value on the website and Mr Walker net worth, its a win win situation for him.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ghosting has been and will continue to be a part of the forum. It's unfortunate but we have to deal with it. Even mods use ghost accounts. Books use ghost accounts and of course Regular posters do.

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    Well having ghosts make sbr look like they have more users therefore giving a higher value on the website and Mr Walker net worth, its a win win situation for him.

Best point made by far!!!

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    Willie Bee was a known ghoster. It was what he knew and it was what he was good at. God Bless him

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

i no im no ghost

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Everyone has a ghost(s)...

Some guys talk to themselves in threads

Some guys want the extra 2 points per ghost per day

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    i no im no ghost
    WOW love the avatar!!!!!

I love the NOLES and would love to share my FSU feelings with her!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

We have many processes in place to identify and get rid of ghosts. I also receive quite a few PMs from posters who think they have identified ghosts and those are always followed up on. Unfortunately there will always be a few who sneak through our filters and that's when we could use your help if you want to. If you think you've identified a ghost and want to see them gone, send one of us a PM. If not, then that's cool too and we'll keep doing the best we can.

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!

Thanks Shari!

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    We have many processes in place to identify and get rid of ghosts. I also receive quite a few PMs from posters who think they have identified ghosts and those are always followed up on. Unfortunately there will always be a few who sneak through our filters and that's when we could use your help if you want to. If you think you've identified a ghost and want to see them gone, send one of us a PM. If not, then that's cool too and we'll keep doing the best we can.
    Snitches get Stitches

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

with the use of VPN's and ability to change IP on most computers it will be impossible to weed them out, maybe the should lower from two to one point aday. It wont be worth the effort or take and verify personnel info as books do.
    you shouldnt see no SBR Pro ghosts as book info is verified and in most cases a phone call to the person to verify identity,UNLESS acctount is set up thru another friend/relations phone and personel info(which is another matter)

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who cares

We want fukkin numbers

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

so JJ., I have your permission to ghost?

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I say bullshit, you know damn well jj has many and other posters do the same, this is why I do hope this site fails in the future(, because greed will kill ya and lying about it only makes it worse, and thats exactly what SBR does, he would rather lie about his numbers than actually give the real ones.

Trojan
    Trojan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 343

Quote Originally Posted by LVBOUND View Post
    MODS,

You guys need to do something about the ghosting here. I recommend running a program that tracks the IP's of each user. If you see two posters posting from the same IP, you need to start investigating. Every now and then it could happen, but not all the time.

This is a huge issue that needs to be addressed for the following reasons.
    #1 Ghosts make comments knowing that if they get an infraction or a ban it will not effect their MAIN account.
    #2 It makes the points worth less, because SBR is dishing out 6 points a day to hundreds of undeserving posters.

My 2 cents!

Points are worthless. If you're here for the points you shouldnt be gambling.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    I say bullshit, you know damn well jj has many and other posters do the same, this is why I do hope this site fails in the future(, because greed will kill ya and lying about it only makes it worse, and thats exactly what SBR does, he would rather lie about his numbers than actually give the real ones.
    Robinson (which is your thinly veiled palindrome) I don't understand the hostility? You want the site to fail (fail, really?!)because of the ghosting that goes on? Are you kidding me? First of all, let's be clear. You are not a moderator nor have you ever served in that capacity therefore you have no idea what efforts are being made to eliminate ghosting at SBR. Therefore, one must draw the conclusion you are assuming the worst because it fits your specious argument and subsequent outrage.

I happen to think SBR's success and by default, John Walker's success somehow angers you. That's what we call jealousy in my book and I am continually struck how other's good fortune, hard work and/or superior product becomes the object of other's ire. I don't know John Walker. I've never met the man nor do I even know if he knows me. But what I will tell you is that this site is his branchild and I am (we are) the beneficiary of that idea. If you want the site to fail, then perhaps this really isn't the place for you.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    so JJ., I have your permission to ghost?
    I do not give a fuk what you do as long as you do not fuk us out of points

If you do we will fukkin bury you

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
    Points are worthless. If you're here for the points you shouldnt be gambling.
    I love the clueless fuks that take this stance. Maybe you should go learn what worthless means before you make worthless comments? I'm sure this guy doesn't agree with you...

Store order 8592

jjgold

We are breaking all records!!!!

YES!!!!

Trojan

Excel, I'm sure that guy doesnt agree with me. My point is that if I want a TV I will buy the fukkin thing and not worry about trying to earn points on a forum. I guess its all a matter of prespective. To me they're worthless, to others they are important.

Trojan

double post

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LVBOUND View Post
    I recommend running a program that tracks the IP's of each user
    revolutionary thinking!

sparkyasu
    sparkyasu's Avatar Become A Pro!

why is LVBOUND such a whiny lil bitch?

jjgold

LVBOUND is a big boy

He went to bash and I heard everyone was afraid of him and kissed his ass

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    LVBOUND is a big boy

He went to bash and I heard everyone was afraid of him and kissed his ass
    I'm afraid of no one...and surely wouldn't kiss anyone's ass.....though if someone leaves me off the POTM for May I will scan my airline ticket to Newark and show you what human Silly Putty looks like....I've got my fukkin eyes on you jj