jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most Common Trait For A Successful Person???

Well from what I have seen and witnessed around where I live and know these people personally the most common 2 traits are determination and drive. You actually do not have to be real smart to make it as the two I mentioned make up for a ton but most people do not have it, you can also apply this to athletes to a degree.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Doesn't read jjgold posts.

newjerseydevils
    newjerseydevils's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

MONEY MANAGEMENT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. i learned that the hard way and i still dont get it

jjgold

Guys in my area that make money in business are fukkin maniacs, never home and always working

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Define success.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

jj you are correct man...drive and determination

I concur

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Hard work and desire and you can be whatever you you want.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

set a goal...go get it!!!

jjgold

bbenson011
    bbenson011's Avatar Become A Pro!

motivation is a big one as well

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Quote Originally Posted by newjerseydevils View Post
    MONEY MANAGEMENT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. i learned that the hard way and i still dont get it
    same here

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

success is different for different people.

some people think success is making $4M/year and owning 5 cars. other people think success is living modestly and enjoy going to work everyday.

or, in sinner's case, success is doing nothing.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

It depends how you define success. If you define success as having material wealth determination/drive/cunning is important. CEO's, top management and non windfall/inherited wealth people may have achieved something but there is a great cost that often goes undefined. Usually the victims are health and relationships (family and love).

I personally define success has having a balance of health,work,love,family,friendships, material wealth and entertainment with the aim of achieving a maximum amount of happiness given my constraints. The most important trait in that case is knowing yourself(what you want, what you can do et al.). Nothing too earth shattering I'm afraid.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

work ethic... if you got it or can get it everything else will fall into place eventually.

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

dont know if this is a trait or not...but it seems true ..a plan would be good

''if you dont know where you are going,you''ll end up somewhere else'' <-------

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Well if you put genetic factors, upbringing, etc, aside, and everything is even I think Consistency and willingness to adapt are key.

When your consistent you gradually become better and better at what you do. From what Ive seen its pays dividends to be a Master of something(or atleast better than most people), as opposed to being Ok/Good at multiple things.

Being able to adapt is key as well. Its crazy how many people consistently make the same mistakes over and over. If you mess up 2,3,4,5 times its ok, but when you make the same mistake hundreds of times, as many people do, its a recipe for being unsuccessful.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Beautiful hair

And perfect teeth
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: compaqDikk, and Extra Innings

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Beautiful hair

And perfect teeth
    JJgold 6 sigma event?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Successful in your career/money or family/home are very hard to achieve both. You can't have both

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

definitely drive and determination.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Hard worker, intelligent and a peoples person.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    It depends how you define success. If you define success as having material wealth determination/drive/cunning is important. CEO's, top management and non windfall/inherited wealth people may have achieved something but there is a great cost that often goes undefined. Usually the victims are health and relationships (family and love).

I personally define success has having a balance of health,work,love,family,friendships, material wealth and entertainment with the aim of achieving a maximum amount of happiness given my constraints. The most important trait in that case is knowing yourself(what you want, what you can do et al.). Nothing too earth shattering I'm afraid.
    mrmarket, if I may ask, what is your educational background? It appears that you are very lettered.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

totally agree and I dont have both

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Physically attractive. If you're ugly, all doors are shut.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Jaug View Post
    Hard worker, intelligent and a peoples person.
    Agree.

Hard work and mental toughness will almost always win in the end, regardless of the endeavor. The mental toughness of this aspect being the drive to forge ahead, even through the inevitable struggles you are bound to incur.

I think the people person aspect is important as well. I believe that if you can talk to people easily, you can be a successful salesperson.....and regardless of whats going on on the world, there will ALWAYS be work for a good salesman!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Guys in my area that make money in business are fukkin maniacs, never home and always working
    Gold, that's a great post. Spot-on. When talking success, the concept of BALANCE should be thrown out the window. Maniacal focus is more like it.

* Was Bill Gates balanced? No, he was working on his computer and being anti-social.
    * Was Michael Jordan balanced? Hell no. He was working on his game and working w/ trainer Tim Grover. Obsessive, to the point that his personality/ego is actually sort of non-human.
    * Was Jon Gruden balanced? Absolutely not. One of the most successful young coaches ever. He got in five hours film study before the other coach woke up.

Gold, you got it right. Sacrifice is involved. $ = end-product of hard work.

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Beautiful hair

And perfect teeth
    bingo. before you have drive and determination having physical appearance is a must

first, you choose not to have a fukkin horseshoe on your bald ass head. shave that shitt off like iwinyour money. you could probably fetch 10k to some poster that would buy your hair and frame it

secondly, common man, what is it 500 to have invisline? that is chump change for a big shot like yourself. are you too lazy to get it done? do you enjoy scraping up your landlord's schlong when giving him the monthly hummer? i hear he goes thru 3 packs of bandaids a month and 20 neosporins

dude, get your fukkin shitt together already. we expect more from you

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Agree.

Hard work and mental toughness will almost always win in the end, regardless of the endeavor. The mental toughness of this aspect being the drive to forge ahead, even through the inevitable struggles you are bound to incur.

I think the people person aspect is important as well. I believe that if you can talk to people easily, you can be a successful salesperson.....and regardless of whats going on on the world, there will ALWAYS be work for a good salesman!!

Opie, I take a different spin on your post. I'm always leery of salesman. Why should I be interested in what you're selling? If it's so valuable, why don't you just keep it?

Wayne Root always talked about being a salesman and how it was the only real route to wealth in America. If Wayne Root said it, I'm skeptical. More often, I just say "No thanks."

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

its alll about the balance in your life

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post

Opie, I take a different spin on your post. I'm always leery of salesman. Why should I be interested in what you're selling? If it's so valuable, why don't you just keep it?

Wayne Root always talked about being a salesman and how it was the only real route to wealth in America. If Wayne Root said it, I'm skeptical. More often, I just say "No thanks."
    One who is truly good in "sales" does not come off as a" salesman".

You provide a service, which exceeds the customers expectations, and makes them feel good about spending their hard-earned money.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

height

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

To look you straight in the eye and tell you he or she was self made when they either got alot of government welfare aid,were already born rich or went bankrupt a few times welshing on paying creditors.It's amazing how many rich people sue writers when they write biographies on them and all this stuff comes out in the wash.Hell,how many times did Trump file bankruptcy?Wayne Newton filed bankruptcy while he was living in a Vegas fortress Mansion buying fancy horses and living in the lap of luxury.

The funniest thing I ever heard was about 20 years ago when Wayne went bankrupt where his brother was perforing in Vegas where the tickets were free at the comp booth.There were about 50 cheapskates in line for free tickets and one guy looked like Randy Quaide playing cousin Eddy.He was looking for a fun book and the comp host told him it was the line for free Wayne Newton's brother performance tickets.The guy goes to the host,did he just file for bankruptcy too?Low and behold,Wayne's brother was just a few feet behind the comp host and you could see he was pissed!!!!!

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

Organization and drive are the 2 most important traits in a sucessful person, intelligence is a big help too.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    One who is truly good in "sales" does not come off as a" salesman".

You provide a service, which exceeds the customers expectations, and makes them feel good about spending their hard-earned money.
    none of the money i spend was "hard-earned" opie so please rephrase that part.

life is all about luck/fate. yes you might have a lot of money, a spouse that you love (good luck with that part), don't have to work too hard, etc etc. but every single aspect of that could've turned the other way with one car crash, poor decision/good decision, etc etc.
    some of the most motivated people many of us have known ended up doing something dumb with that motivation (like pat tillman) or just got dealt a bad hand.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    See, this isn't success to me. Maybe on the east coast, where everyone is insecure and success is only measured on paper, these guys are looked up to. Most of them are miserable.

Real "success" to me is being opportune and just smart enough, so you can take advantage of a good situation, make money without having to work, and doing whatever you want with your life.

Media, textbooks, all the propaganda we were exposed to as kids equated "success" with a picture of some guy wearing a suit carrying a briefcase/cellphone/whatever. It's not like that anymore. Thank God.

12 Last