chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post

So how does this thread affect me You want me to bring an elliptical to the fuckin' bash in August?
    LOL. Sure, and I'll bring a jump rope, and illini can bring the yayo and JJ can show us how to do yayo-pushups.

chilidog

I guess the reason behind my opening post was that I realized that I had a really good day today. I didn't have any problems; there was no stress. I enjoyed spending time with my wife's family at the beach. I have a kid being born in a few weeks, and I had one of those moments where you realize everything that you have to feel thankful for, and it just brought upon this really good happy feeling - like I was at peace with the world. No intoxicants. No drugs, no alcohol, nothing consumed. I'm just happy, that's all. I guess that it was more of question meant to invoke thought. As in, why can't we always feel like this? Why does pain and suffering and just negative feelings have to come into play at all?

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post

So then you feel worse since giving your life to Christ?

Regardless, your mention of deities is irrelevant to my thread. Head on over to god.com for discussions of such trivial things.
    Do you want me to answer or do you want me to go to God.com?

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

I guess the reason behind my opening post was that I realized that I had a really good day today. I didn't have any problems; there was no stress. I enjoyed spending time with my wife's family at the beach. I have a kid being born in a few weeks, and I had one of those moments where you realize everything that you have to feel thankful for, and it just brought upon this really good happy feeling - like I was at peace with the world. No intoxicants. No drugs, no alcohol, nothing consumed. I'm just happy, that's all. I guess that it was more of question meant to invoke thought. As in, why can't we always feel like this? Why does pain and suffering and just negative feelings have to come into play at all?
    I would revisit this question in about 6 months. If I had a wife and kids I DEFINETELY would not be the same person....at least I hope so

chilidog

I would revisit this question in about 6 months. If I had a wife and kids I DEFINETELY would not be the same person....at least I hope so
    haha, raining on my parade, eh?

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Do you want me to answer or do you want me to go to God.com?
    Doesn't matter to me either way. You adore this dude that turned water into alcohol and gave it away to people to get drunk. So anybody that can work that kinda magic, has to be okay in my book.

Extra Innings

haha, raining on my parade, eh?
    No.....I think having a child would be life changing....now when you see that child you may have a different perspective on Pujols "Deities"

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I am happy for you, sounds like you are in a good place in your life right now. You deserve it!

chilidog

No.....I think having a child would be life changing....now when you see that child you may have a different perspective on Pujols "Deities"
    Not likely. When I watched my dog give birth to her pups, I didn't see a vision of jesus or anything. Biology explains the cycle of life. I'm a science man myself, but that's a little OT, I suppose.

Besides, even if I ran with Pujol's idea, a person that believes 100% in whatever deity that they were raised to believe in, their brain still would not constantly pump out a sufficient level of dopamine to make them feel good all the time.

Albert Pujols

Doesn't matter to me either way. You adore this dude that turned water into alcohol and gave it away to people to get drunk. So anybody that can work that kinda magic, has to be okay in my book.
    Short answer is that life is always going to be hard in a fallen world where people care about their own selfish desires and pleasures and think that life is all about their own interests. When you grasp that God is infinite and that this whole movie is about Him, your perspective changes. The Christian life is not easy and there is suffering involved when you constantly attempt to die to self and love others more than you love yourself.

But, a man is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

it has some good moments

chilidog

Short answer is that life is always going to be hard in a fallen world where people care about their own selfish desires and pleasures and think that life is all about their own interests. When you grasp that God is infinite and that this whole movie is about Him, your perspective changes. The Christian life is not easy and there is suffering involved when you constantly attempt to die to self and love others more than you love yourself.

But, a man is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
    So, why do Christians think that their God is the correct one? It's not like Christianity was the first ever religion. There were many religions before Christianity that have preached the same thing. Why don't you worship the sun? Several religions worshipped the sun before Christianity came along. The sun just makes more sense. I could go on, but then I would just be paraphrasing George Carlin, and he says it way better than I ever could.

Extra Innings

So, why do Christians think that their God is the correct one? It's not like Christianity was the first ever religion. There were many religions before Christianity that have preached the same thing. Why don't you worship the sun? Several religions worshipped the sun before Christianity came along. The sun just makes more sense. I could go on, but then I would just be paraphrasing George Carlin, and he says it way better than I ever could.
    When you drive down the street and turn the steering wheel to the right why don't you have anxiety that the car will continue to go straight?

chilidog

When you drive down the street and turn the steering wheel to the right why don't you have anxiety that the car will continue to go straight?
    I am rather comfortable with the laws of physics.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I love the sun. That is why I pay a premium to live in an area where the sun is out almost everyday of the year. Chili "Molly King" Dog you are a true hero and asset to SBR! I hope you have a healthy and easy child birth! Can't wait to hang out!

Extra Innings

I am rather comfortable with the laws of physics.
    You have faith in physics my friend...

Albert Pujols has faith in God as he knows Him

Albert Pujols

The sun is cool, we need it to live. I'd rather worship the one that keeps the earth revolving around that star every year.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post

I love the sun. That is why I pay a premium to live in an area where the sun is out almost everyday of the year. Chili "Molly King" Dog you are a true hero and asset to SBR! I hope you have a healthy and easy child birth! Can't wait to hang out!
    As do I, illini. Thanks, and the party will be epic.

chilidog

The sun is cool, we need it to live. I'd rather worship the one that keeps the earth revolving around that star every year.
    That's cool if you'd rather worship gravity. I choose not to worship anything. I accept life for what it is. But, to each his own. I'm not really sure why you decided to bring religion into this? My thread never once had anything to do with religion. If this god that people speak of truly exists, he has some pretty bad self-esteem issues. Always needing people to tell him how awesome he is, and how much they need him. And if they refuse? Whew boy, don't wanna go there. He puts you in this horrid place full of fire and brimstone where you burn and suffer for eternity. So, better get it. Tell that guy in the guy how awesome he is. Never quit doing it. He REALLY needs to hear it. All the time, too. For eternity.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: OmgUrMom

Albert Pujols

That's cool if you'd rather worship gravity. I choose not to worship anything. I accept life for what it is. But, to each his own. I'm not really sure why you decided to bring religion into this? My thread never once had anything to do with religion. If this god that people speak of truly exists, he has some pretty bad self-esteem issues. Always needing people to tell him how awesome he is, and how much they need him. And if they refuse? Whew boy, don't wanna go there. He puts you in this horrid place full of fire and brimstone where you burn and suffer for eternity. So, better get it. Tell that guy in the guy how awesome he is. Never quit doing it. He REALLY needs to hear it. All the time, too. For eternity.
    I'm sorry that you were offended. Congrats on the baby.

Ced's shadow
    Ced's shadow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Anybody else ever feel this way? I'm not strictly referring to a "drug"-induced altered reality. You can alter your reality in several different ways. Consuming a plant is just the easiest way to do so. But regardless, sometimes I just feel like sobriety is just so boring. Shouldn't life always feel good? Is there some reason that "God" decided otherwise?
    Chilidog, BBQ today at my place, give me a call, I'll give you the details 8867-2991

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Drinking is done to mask other issues most of the time

stay away

Ced's shadow
    Ced's shadow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Nah chief, it's all good as long as you know your point and do it while having fun with your people

chilidog

I'm sorry that you were offended. Congrats on the baby.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ced's shadow View Post

Chilidog, BBQ today at my place, give me a call, I'll give you the details 8867-2991
    I'm in hermosa/jaco for the weekend, but thx anyway. Another day.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Drinking is done to mask other issues most of the time

stay away
    I dunno about that. It was pretty hot yesterday at the beach. That level of heat where an ice cold beer feels just perfect. No issues to be masked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ced's shadow View Post
    Nah chief, it's all good as long as you know your point and do it while having fun with your people
    I concur.

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have been sober 10+years and life is not boring to me. i am Glad i am not drowning in the misery anymore

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post
    13th step is the best one
    whats the 13th step?

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by underthe total View Post
    i have been sober 10+years and life is not boring to me. i am Glad i am not drowning in the misery anymore
    *sigh* While I am glad that you are no longer a slave to an addiction, you have missed the entire point of the thread.

underthe total
    under

sorry...

no life is not always going to feel good
    addiction is like the biggest roller coaster in the world while life should really just be the small roller coaster in the kiddie park

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by underthe total View Post
    sorry...

no life is not always going to feel good
    addiction is like the biggest roller coaster in the world while life should really just be the small roller coaster in the kiddie park
    I like that, good comparison. So, do you think there are other rides in this amusement park?

underthe total
    under

for me, and again for me. no.

i keep it as simple as i can.

no adventure is worth the risk

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    I agree with this. For the longest time I blamed God and others because it took me forever to find a real job because I got a DUI in 2007. Didn't matter I had my MBA, volunteered numerous times at H4H and other orgs., etc. once employers ran the criminal check I was done in. I cursed pretty much God and all mankind because we preach second chances and such but it was all BS. Then I finally started thinking positive and gave the man upstairs a chance by going to church a few times, about a month went by of this and then finally I locked down a full time job.
    good for you buddy. one mistake in life should not keep you from being unemployed especially if you are willing to change yourself and become a better person. you are obviously someone who realized his mistake and wanted to do something better with life. best of luck to you sir.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    100 percent disagree, been sober for almost 8 months now and although I would have agreed with you in the past, after about a month or so in to being sober I realized life is so much better when living it clean free. You realize all those hours that you spent on drinking, drugs, etc. can be put to use on so many more positive things: family, health, friends, etc.
    and no hangovers

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    and no hangovers
    Many of the things that we do in order to invoke the release of dopamine into our blood streams have an after-effect and/or consequence. You will always experience the crash. Eat some sugar, and wait about 30 minutes later, and you have the crash. Anytime you release dopamine (completely natural as the result of some physical activity, or by the consumption of something), you will always experience the crash.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

i understand what you are saying chili. but ultimately if you do not experience any negativity or sadness you would not be able to appreciate the "high" from things in life (working out, spending time with family friends, eating a fantastic meal etc.)

nice thread though chili i enjoyed reading it

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

and remember agent smith did say in the matrix that the first matrix was a perfect world. but the program failed. human beings wouldn't buy into it, wouldn't accept the program. millions of crops were lost.

First 123 Last