flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    I have no problem with people using gov assistance if they need it, but I have needed it a lot in my life probably but never used it so I really frown on coksukers who claim they cant make it in this world & suk of the gov teet who are stronger bodied & minded than me especially
    Post of the day right here!

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Jobs

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Post of the day right here!
    thank you, sir!

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Too many fukks are applying for gov. assist.

I don't work but not on welfare

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I know a few people who are quite ill...then again scamming comes in all forms..so before we complain about some people we should look at ourselves...incl the many who cheat in there income taxes..

nyplayer33

interesting how people complain about a suystem that gives disability to people who need it..yet u pay into soc security and my mom died age 50 i was her son and got ugotz....so all that fkin money paid into system was going elsewhere. it's survival out in this world..before u complain about people scamming...realize that. For the record, i dont't get any asistance..although i probably could get it..some have mental barriers you don't see..

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry most of us here are the 80%.
    Attached Images  

excel
    unapproved

Please Note* the 1%ers wealth has grown larger since the chart was made.

excel
    unapproved

In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in a relatively few hands. As of 2007, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 50.5%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers). In terms of financial wealth (total net worth minus the value of one's home), the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 42.7%. G. William Domhoff

nyplayer33

id rather have them getting disability then robbing people or in jail. Funny how we want people in jail for crimes..somethimes it's a joke..example right here in Long Island NY...u have high school diplomas's as jail guards making 120K plus a yr ot..guess calif had a good point..let the low level offendors out. Why the FK would i wanna pay some fat slob 120K a yr to watch over joe the guy who stole from a dept store or got in a fight. Also like they do upstate in NY..part time cops should be added..heck NY State police does this in summer..

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

guys, this time last year if ya'll recall i was working on a farm in 90 degree heat every day, well not always that hot because we started at 4:30 in the morning. Not because I necessarily wanted to or really had to, but because I told someone I would help them & then enjoyed the hard work, its good for ya. Ive worked in a suit & tie all day & ive worked asshole deep in cowshit in my life & everything in between. A job is a job & someone who wont get out & work because they think a job is beneath them is the sorriest lowlife on the face of the earth IMO.

I drove this thing last year for 4 months for about 4 hours a day then whatever else needed done the rest of the day. I felt better than I had in along time, lost weight, & just felt good about doing some hard work.
    Attached Images  

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Damn you worked in 90 degree heat. Profit should have his own reality show on after Deadliest Catch and Coal. I nomintate THE PROFIT as the hardest working S.O.B in this great country good ole USA. Way to go kid keep up the good work.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    id rather have them getting disability then robbing people or in jail. Funny how we want people in jail for crimes..somethimes it's a joke..example right here in Long Island NY...u have high school diplomas's as jail guards making 120K plus a yr ot..guess calif had a good point..let the low level offendors out. Why the FK would i wanna pay some fat slob 120K a yr to watch over joe the guy who stole from a dept store or got in a fight. Also like they do upstate in NY..part time cops should be added..heck NY State police does this in summer..
    this is an interesting post

i read an article recently about some woman whole embezzled like 60k from some company she worked for, GOT 15 FUKIN YEARS in the can

for a crime that really nobody was hurt, no guns used

i am fairly sure it was her first offense

what the fuk, no wonder the prisons are full

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

What kind of bullshit thread is this? I always thought people were just joking when they said JJ posts to meet a quota, no?

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    this is an interesting post

i read an article recently about some woman whole embezzled like 60k from some company she worked for, GOT 15 FUKIN YEARS in the can

for a crime that really nobody was hurt, no guns used

i am fairly sure it was her first offense

what the fuk, no wonder the prisons are full
    If you owned the business that had the $60k stolen from, you might have a different view than to say nobody was hurt. It's no different than someone who robs from bank. There are no victim-less crimes!!!

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    If you owned the business that had the $60k stolen from, you might have a different view than to say nobody was hurt. It's no different than someone who robs from bank. There are no victim-less crimes!!!
    sorry disagree

every circumstance is different, but in this case 60k was of zero consequence to this biz, rapist get less time, pedos, etc

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2709

Kudos to you Profit!! There are lots of people out there that certainly would not do what you've done. A job teaches one many things such as discipline, motivation, income utilization etc..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I know a lot of people that work two just very basic jobs and have a few bucks because they hustle
    It seems so many Americans just cannot go to work everyday

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Quote Originally Posted by excel View Post
    In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in a relatively few hands. As of 2007, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 50.5%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers). In terms of financial wealth (total net worth minus the value of one's home), the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 42.7%. G. William Domhoff

u ever think that maybe the top 20% work that much fuckin harder than the scum in the bottom 80%?
    Think about it, those guys are spending their time doing productive, moneymaking shit. The bottom 80% spends most of their day on SBR, for example.

Sure, some people have bad breaks. And the family you come from helps or hurts you in the beginning. But at the end of the day, you get what you put in.

Bosseman22
    Bosseman22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 43540

mcdonalds is hiring 50000 people this year

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    guys, this time last year if ya'll recall i was working on a farm in 90 degree heat every day, well not always that hot because we started at 4:30 in the morning. Not because I necessarily wanted to or really had to, but because I told someone I would help them & then enjoyed the hard work, its good for ya. Ive worked in a suit & tie all day & ive worked asshole deep in cowshit in my life & everything in between. A job is a job & someone who wont get out & work because they think a job is beneath them is the sorriest lowlife on the face of the earth IMO.

I drove this thing last year for 4 months for about 4 hours a day then whatever else needed done the rest of the day. I felt better than I had in along time, lost weight, & just felt good about doing some hard work.
    Profit is a working man

Would not fuk with him

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Some good stuff in here.

* From Profit: "A job is a job & someone who wont get out & work because they think a job is beneath them is the sorriest lowlife on the face of the earth IMO."

* Gold: "It seems so many Americans just cannot go to work everyday."

You guys are right on the $. Many Americans have goals, but they filter it w/ a caveat like "...but I'm not going to wast my time in an office all day." Or "...but I'm not getting up before 10am."

Would like to see USA return to more capitalist structure. The scum at the bottom is bad.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    I am actually looking to hire someone

Young, athletic, interested in Hall & Oates and backpacking
    I like Peter Cetera, when can I start?

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Drove by a strip club last night with a hiring sign and just said the same things.... jobs are plenty

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    The people who want to work, find work.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LOL I always love these 'intellectual' discussions on the sports forums.

If a guy can find a $10/hr job. Which for a lot of places is a pretty decent wage, theyre going to gross 20K. Take out taxes youre down to less than 16K, throw in gas and that will range from 800-1200 more taken out. Then throw in travel time for shits and giggles which if it is an hour a day (factor 10 bux an hours since it is still related to work) is another 2500 taken off that. So your 20K, if youre lucky to get that much is now cut almost in half. So basically in a $10/hr job your bringing home less than 50 bucks a day. Closer to 40. That is a 2000 hour a year job at 40/hr a week 5 days a week. 50 weeks with 2 weeks vacation. Which you may or may not get at the start. Probably not. But youre going to work 250 days a year more or less.

So unless you can make more than 10 bux an hour at a 'real' job then all you need to do is do something else that averages 40 bux a day , and that is if you pay fullly on your income taxes. If you do something where you can hide some income you might only need to make 35 a day.

For sake of argument make it 15 bux an hour which about 80% of the work force would never get to start. That gets you to a 30K gross, and after taxes about 22K. Gas and travel take off another 5K or more and you are now down to about 16-17K. So thats around 65-68 bux a day.

So once you start breaking it down it isnt all that impressive.

My cousin gets SSI disability, hasnt worked in about 12 years, been on it for about 10, he has section 8 housing and he gets a little over 1100 bucks a month, AND can make almost 8K before he loses that assistance. He doesnt but he could. So sitting pat he makes more than someone who makes 10/hr and if he wanted to make say 5K part time he would make more than someone who worked 2000 a year at 15 bucks an hour. All his medical stuff is paid for, something I didnt factor into the above examples, but even if you have decent health insurance through your company a family plan is going to be close to a hundred bucks a week. So take that off. But since everyone needs insurance then it might be a moot point, but if you never leave your house to go to work the odds of actually getting hurt diminish greatly so some people might not bother with insurance. Or get something really cheap.

Employment isnt the issue it is the salary rates and work versus reward ratio. They are way out of whack. I dont know what minimum wage is anymore but it surely isnt enough for people to live on let alone make enough to save a little and prepare for a future.

Its all relative to where you live and the cost of living, but as screwed up as the whole economy is right now the 'cheap' places arent really that much cheaper than the 'expensive' places any more.

So while there might be a few jobs here and there they arent going to be paying nearly enough to entice people to get off welfare or stop scamming or doing what they do to make money now. Not many people have the ethics that some here want to display. And I am sure most here wouldnt stop not having to work and LOSE money just to be able to say they are now contributing members of society. Who in their right mind is going to go from getting 15K a year and sitting at home and paying 300 or so in rent because theyre on section 8. To having to work 40 hours a week, lose their housing and start bringing home less than 12K a year and then have to pay for their insurance and 800-1000 for rent? No one if they had a brain.

They want to help the economy? And maybe entice people to work? Then mix in a calculator and look at the system and what it offers. And get a minimum wage that offers people more than what they can get if theyre on welfare or any other government program. Obviously welfare is supposed to be temporary, and Social Security is supposed to be supplemental but nowadays it is the full monty. And even if it isnt that great a living to anyone that is on it that can divide they realize it is much better than the alternative of working. Add in a few kids and the numbers go up exponentially.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MadTiger

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice post wantital lsad but true

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post

My cousin gets SSI disability, hasnt worked in about 12 years, been on it for about 10,
    what does he get disability for?

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    what does he get disability for?
    He legitimately hurt his back in a work accident but he couldnt get anything out of it, had a lawyer and everything, so the lawyer told him to tell the committee he was depressed and thought about hurting himself and others. So he went in and said he was thinking about buying some guns and going out and killing some people then killing himself.

So instead of putting him in a hospital they gave him the money and made him go see a councilor for a year. He now has to have evaluations every couple years. But that is how screwed up the system is.

You cant get money for a legitimate injury suffered at work, but you can get some lawyers to tell you to lie, have you go to their doctors and get made up test results and evaluations then go in and tell a committee youre going to pull a columbine and you get paid for that.

So on top of all that he gets a script for a few drugs that he could also sell if he wanted since he doesnt actually need to take them. But when he goes in for his evaluations he pops a few in case they take some blood or urine tests to see if he is on anything else illegal, and he needs to show the prescribed drugs in his system.

Just shows how people have learned to manipulate and also screw the system. In his case i cant judge since he couldnt work and was basically bed ridden for over a year but couldnt get anything. So he made some shit up and got what he deserved.

He wasnt a kid either he was mid 40s when it happened and had paid in for about 20 years, so cant say he hadnt contributed to the system either.

But like I say he pays about 40% of the actual rent price and the rest is subsidized. He also gets food stamps which is weird, but he gets about 40 bucks a month there too. Along with free insurance. So he gets about 1100 a month and after his rent and the few bills he has he is sitting on about 700 bucks a month. The only 'problem' is he isnt allowed to save any of it, or at least have over a certain amount of money in the bank or he loses his benefits. Which obviously isnt hard to get rid of. He eats out everyday, goes to massage parlors, and the usual degenerate stuff.

Is it 'right'? Probably not, but that is how the system works. They put in rules that are dumb, and let people take advantage of it. And it isnt like what he does will get him kicked off either because it wont. As long as he follows the rules, gets his evaluations whenever they are do and sees his caseworker he can do anything he wants as long as it is legal. And even then it would probably depend on what laws he broke because his buddy is on the same thing and has had a few drunk driving convictions and still gets it, and he did a couple months in the county jail.

And they obviously arent the only ones and arent getting anywhere near what a mother with a few kids gets either. So start looking at all that bleeding of the system and it is amazing there is any money left at all.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Interesting. Where I live immigrants actually get $1900 per month before tax for trying to learn our language. Thus they try to stay in this program as long as they can and fail tests on purpose.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I am in this field regarding people with disabilities and assistance from the Government. I see it, deal with it and I am around the people using it 7 days a week and have been for the last 15.5 years. The problem is people are thrown in categories.... I have clients with developmental disabilities that are given benefits and treated the same as a scammer that says he hurt his back at work and has been on disability for years... I could go on about this but there is not enough time in the day... I deal with this first hand and it's a very screwed system.

excel
    unapproved

ohio minimum wage = 7.25hr

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by Jaug View Post
    Interesting. Where I live immigrants actually get $1900 per month before tax for trying to learn our language. Thus they try to stay in this program as long as they can and fail tests on purpose.
    where in the fukk do you live?? Beverly hills??

Onefreedm1nd
    Onefreedm1nd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Is team SBR in need of a superhero?

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    LOL I always love these 'intellectual' discussions on the sports forums..
    maybe you can write us a handbook of what we are allowed to discuss in PLAYERS TALK

since you love typing so fukin much

First 123 Last