JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

And then they wonder why we find them disturbing... for the same reason I find Islamic extremists disturbing. People who don't listen to reason and are blindly driven by (any) religion are scary - you never know what you can expect of them as when it comes down to it they don't feel like they account to anybody but their own perverse version of God. They're a ticking time bomb, an accident waiting to happen. The fact that they don't (want to?) realize that, even when openly faced with the truth just begging them to reconsider, makes it all just that more disturbing...

I can't even imagine growing up in such a home where open mindness is suppressed to a level of nonexistence and where fear of God is cherished above all else, including knowledge and education! Poor are the kids who have no choice but being brought up in a "prison" that eventually ends up being a fundamental part of their entire being and the only acceptable interpretation of the world around them.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    Sorry, but you have to do some math as the Bible does not say it directly.

Wow JBT actually said something true.

The end may be near.

Bartmeister
    Bartmeister's Avatar Become A Pro!

If only for one day we could have peace all over the world.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Sorry, but you have to do some math as the Bible does not say it directly.

It lists the entire genealogy from Adam to Jesus, so if you take the age that the Bible says Adam lived to, then add up all the the subsequent life spans in the genealogies up to the time of Christ, and finally add 2000 and a change more years to account for the time after Christ aka up to the present day, and the total should come to approximately 6000 years give or take.

Looking forward to seeing how you are going to try to negate and dismiss this one...
    Prof. Pronk is welcome to give it a try too

The Bible also says the people lived 1000+ years back then. I think some people lived 2000 + years. Wasnt it Abraham who fathered several kids when he was like 600 years old + ? So then how can you look at the genealogy and determine how long ?

But I am at least happy that you decided to change your story from the Bible says Earth is 6000 years old, to you decided that they Bible says Earth is 6000 years old ( which is absolutely does not )

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

And then they wonder why we find them disturbing... for the same reason I find Islamic extremists disturbing. People who don't listen to reason and are blindly driven by (any) religion are scary - you never know what you can expect of them as when it comes down to it they don't feel like they account to anybody but their own perverse version of God. They're a ticking time bomb, an accident waiting to happen. The fact that they don't (want to?) realize that, even when openly faced with the truth just begging them to reconsider, makes it all just that more disturbing...

I can't even imagine growing up in such a home where open mindness is suppressed to a level of nonexistence and where fear of God is cherished above all else, including knowledge and education! Poor are the kids who have no choice but being brought up in a "prison" that eventually ends up being a fundamental part of their entire being and the only acceptable interpretation of the world around them.

I have seen this before. Somewhere down deep inside JBT knows that God exists, JBT just isnt ready to turn to God and give up his ways. It is clear because JBT exhibits so much hatred for anyone who dares suggest that there is a God. I am sure the board has many many atheists, yet JBT finds the need to post lies, name call, and now post comments filled with hatred.

I have heard of people who think the Aliens took them up in a spaceship. I dont agree with those people, but I dont hate them either.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

So how exactly should we interpret this quote by you a few pages back? What is going to happen to our souls based on your belief and according to the Bible?

As far as I understand, us non-believers are considered sinners and are already under the judgment of God because our sins have not been covered by the blood and torment of Christ (unless we convert before we die - no thank you). "For the wages of sin is death" - the second (spiritual) death, eternal damnation and everlasting perdition. If I recall correctly, our souls will be united with our earthly bodies and sent to the lakes of fire...

No, the Apocripha (sic) speaks of Purgatory where we all may be given the chance to atone for our sins.

JBT
    Square as a triangle

Quote Originally Posted by nobs View Post
    The Bible also says the people lived 1000+ years back then.
    Does it really?

I think some people lived 2000 + years.
    They have?

Wasnt it Abraham who fathered several kids when he was like 600 years old + ? So then how can you look at the genealogy and determine how long ?
    Genesis 25:7 - Abraham was 175 years old when he died. Hey, don't blame me, it's your Book...

Not that his age would even matter (not surprised one bit that you thought so though), as the only thing that really matters in this case is at what age of his life his offsprings were born and their offsprings and so on... But can you say owned?

PS: Just out of curiosity... How many people exactly does Bible list as having lived 1000+ years? Never mind "exactly", just give me a ballpark figure... 5? 10? 50?

JBT
    Square as a triangle

No, the Apocripha (sic) speaks of Purgatory where we all may be given the chance to atone for our sins.
    I see, so you are a Catholic and are now referring to the Catholic additions to the Bible?

Because I ask you otherwise to please show me where in the Bible itself does it say that purgatory exists. Just find me a single verse in the Bible which refers to a state in the afterlife other than heaven or hell...

And secondly, just for the sake of an argument: According to you, assuming that I do not accept God, Jesus as my lord and savior and Bible as my holly book before or even after I die, I am still not going to be sent to hell or at least for a nice all-inclusive vacation at the fiery lakes based on that fact alone (for not accepting God)?

JBT
    Square as a triangle

But I am at least happy that you decided to change your story from the Bible says Earth is 6000 years old, to you decided that they Bible says Earth is 6000 years old ( which is absolutely does not )
    No, I "decided" nothing - my claims are easily verifiable and you can check them yourself. It is all nicely laid out in your Book, there are no assumptions needed, all you have to do is some simple math...

Even Christians can't refute math, can they? Because the only other thing you could try to do in order to discard what I said is to refute the information given by the Bible... Unless you can refute either of the two, my claim is correct and there is not much else you can do about it but to accept it.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Posted this in another thread but thought it fit more appropriately in this one.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

a lot of tough things happening right now

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

The Bible also says the people lived 1000+ years back then. I think some people lived 2000 + years. Wasnt it Abraham who fathered several kids when he was like 600 years old + ? So then how can you look at the genealogy and determine how long ?

The 6000 year lineage is not 6000 years to creation.
    It is 6000 years since the FALL OF MAN in the Garden of Eden.
    Not the Fall of Lucifer, and not Creation itself.

To understand why men lived longer immediately after the Fall, think of man
    as devolving from a perfect state. The wears and sins and separation in the bloodline from the previous perfect state gradually caused man
    to live less and less, as generations from the fall were distanced, up until
    the Great Flood, when all the giants, legendary men/angel hybrids and such
    were destroyed by God.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    Posted this in another thread but thought it fit more appropriately in this one.
    It didn't fit in another thread when you first posted?

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

why do you fuks start these threads???

apkboston
    apkboston's Avatar Become A Pro!

not religious, but i definitely think deeply about religion/spirituality

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post

It didn't fit in another thread when you first posted?
    I never said that. I said, "Posted this in another thread but thought it fit more appropriately in this one."

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Yes, I believe he admits to both Hard drug and alcohol abuse. He has been locked up more than once. There have been abuse allegations made by several women. there have been allegations that he molested his own daughters, the list goes on, so yes I guess I am implying that he is proof that there is a deeper need than just money, women, etc.
    So okay then, u are judging him right? But I thought only God can judge me/you/Charlie Sheen?!

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

I find peace that the Holy spirit gives and eternal security thru Jesus Christ. One of the mandates of the Gospel is to spread the good news to others.

JBT
    Square as a triangle

a lot of tough things happening right now
    Huh?

First ... 4567