masta
    masta's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fishing

When does Freshwater Bass come out?

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Not sure about freshwater, but the salties are heading north should be in my area in the next 6 weeks or so (southern new england)

They'll be chasing the bait fish, hopefully shallow so blues and tuna will follow

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Come out of what? The fish are in lakes and rivers all year round, although sometimes they are under the ice.

CreaturE
    Thanks to everyone helping me!!!
    CreaturE's Avatar Become A Pro!

I miss this!

I certainly hope it starts soon! haha

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    Come out of what? The fish are in lakes and rivers all year round, although sometimes they are under the ice.

Out of hibernation...didn't you know that they and bears are alike and go into caves during the winter, and then come out to play during the spring?

jgray

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Out of hibernation...didn't you know that they and bears are alike and go into caves during the winter, and then come out to play during the spring?
    So those ice fishermen must be bouncing their jig off the fish's head to wake them up from their deep long sleep. And then the fish must think, "Since I'm awake I might as well eat. Well isn't this convenient, dinner right here dancing right in front of me. I starting to think this is going to be a very good day for me....."

dwang0725
    dwang0725's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

Heading out to Diamond Valley Lake, CA this weekend. Reports of Bass biting big time. Should be fun.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

One of the few things I look forward to as far as gov't fees is buying hunting/fishing licenses. DNR for the fukkin' win.

jgray

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    One of the few things I look forward to as far as gov't fees is buying hunting/fishing licenses. DNR for the fukkin' win.
    I just wish more of our license fees actually went to support natural resources. Those fees are routinely reallocated to other projects I have less admiration for.