Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

In some Countries, being gay is punishable by death.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kiln View Post
    This is disgusting. Absolutely indefensibly barbaric. You bring discredit to 8,000 years of civilization. I thought the anti-Muslim threads around pushed the limits of rationality but to say you'd murder your own child numbers you amongst the most deranged.

I was kidding.... (I think)

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Most of you said, you would embrace him, but I could never tell my parents I am gay. Especially my other family members like my grand mother, Uncles, Aunts. All a bunch of Catholics, church going folks.

Can't wait till I can get the F out of Wisconsin and move to Cali.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Most of you said, you would embrace him, but I could never tell my parents I am gay. Especially my other family members like my grand mother, Uncles, Aunts. All a bunch of Catholics, church going folks.

Are you in college or what? Do you not think your family would still love you? Do they not want the best for you?

You only live once.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Are you in college or what? Do you not think your family would still love you? Do they not want the best for you?

You only live once.

Its tough to say, they might 'love' me, but our relationship would never be the same. I hear the way my mother talks about gay people and she acts like they are some different type of species when she talks. So dunno.
    yeah i am in college, university of Wisconsin. ( majoring in Econ and Finance)

jwbjwbjwb12
    jwbjwbjwb12's Avatar Become A Pro!

he would no longer be my son lol? this would be tough to deal with

inflames
    inflames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14616

If you found out your son was gay.....he wouldnt be my son nomore, nah seriously i dont know how i would react...

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Its tough to say, they might 'love' me, but our relationship would never be the same. I hear the way my mother talks about gay people and she acts like they are some different type of species when she talks. So dunno.
    yeah i am in college, university of Wisconsin. ( majoring in Econ and Finance)
    I'm guessing that deep down your mom suspects and talks like she does to not have to deal with it. Your mother probably thinks/hopes that if it's not talked about..............that you are not having relationships for fear of being caught/exposed. It's her own defense mechanism at work.

You're a young dude and have to make the right choices for you. But, keep in mind that your happiness is more important than what your mom thinks of your sexual preference. Just my $.02

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by bigbet1234 View Post
    what would you do?
    Take him to the exorcist ASAP and start praying. I'm dead serious.

kiln
    Ezekiel 25:17
    kiln's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

Careful...this is a big state. We have more than our share of rednecks and ignoramuses. We have Jerry Brown and Gavin Newsom and SF and LA but we also have Rick Warren and Don Sebastiani and Orange County and the Central Valley. There is still lots of hatred, bigotry, homophobia (and every other kind of phobia) and fear here. This is the state that cursed the world with Howard Jarvis, Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan, after all. But there are lots of places in the state (as in the country, really) where you'll be recognized simply as a human being and receive all the respect and dignity that accompanies that.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    I'm guessing that deep down your mom suspects and talks like she does to not have to deal with it. Your mother probably thinks/hopes that if it's not talked about..............that you are not having relationships for fear of being caught/exposed. It's her own defense mechanism at work.

You're a young dude and have to make the right choices for you. But, keep in mind that your happiness is more important than what your mom thinks of your sexual preference. Just my $.02

Maybe she suspects but I doubt it. I did date a few girls in h/s but thats when i really found out I was gay. Ever since then, i have dated more then a few boys, but have always introduced them to my parents as friends. The thing is, i have had major health problems over the last few years too, so she probably is justifying me not dating anybody because of that issue.
    But someday, I do want to come out to my parents, and other members of my family. So i can bring my partner over for whatever reason, but its going to take a lot to overcome on my part and probably wont happen in till i move out.

Also, I think my mom thinks of gay people as the stereotypical femmy gay type. I am just about the opposite of that. So I hope you are right and she does expect something so its not a total shock when I do end up telling her.

And yeah I know there are very conservative parts of cali, which is why I plan on moving to San Fran. The weather out there, is perfect . Plus its very liberal. 70 degrees about all year around. Which is way better then -30 wind chill and snow in WI.
    It would also give me so many great health benefits for my back. (long story)
    Sorry I went off on a tangent there, I know its supposed to be about what would you do if your son told you, he was gay..

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Careful...this is a big state. We have more than our share of rednecks and ignoramuses. We have Jerry Brown and Gavin Newsom and SF and LA but we also have Rick Warren and Don Sebastiani and Orange County and the Central Valley. There is still lots of hatred, bigotry, homophobia (and every other kind of phobia) and fear here. This is the state that cursed the world with Howard Jarvis, Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan, after all. But there are lots of places in the state (as in the country, really) where you'll be recognized simply as a human being and receive all the respect and dignity that accompanies that.
    HAHA, blacks and hispanics are the most intolerant of gays here, you clown. Typical of you to be in denial of reality and somehow find a way to attack only whites.

Table 1. The Vote on Proposition 8

(% of
    voters)

% voting “Yes”
    on Proposition 8

Race/Ethnicity
    (68%) White 49
    (7%) African American 58
    (14%) Latino/Hispanic 59

(7%) Asian 48

http://www.ncsu.edu/stud_affairs/glb...8%20Report.pdf

Also classic you defend Muslims, the undisputed world champion haters of gays. You talk of discrediting "8,000 years of cilivilzation" as you defend a religion that would bring us back to the Dark Ages.

Sometimes it's just simply amazing to watch these leftist goofs juggle, compartmentalize, and rationalize their inane sensitivities and apologetics towards every group on earth who isn't a white hetero male.
    Last edited by Sunde91; 04-07-11 at 06:26 PM.

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

I would blame my WIFE!

kiln

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    HAHA, blacks and hispanics are the most intolerant of gays here, you clown. Typical of you to be in denial of reality and somehow find a way to attack only whites.

http://www.ncsu.edu/stud_affairs/glb...8%20Report.pdf

Also classic you defend Muslims, the undisputed world champion haters of gays. You talk of discrediting "8,000 years of cilivilzation" as you defend a religion that would bring us back to the Dark Ages.

Sometimes it's just simply amazing to watch these leftist goofs juggle, compartmentalize, and rationalize their inane sensitivities and apologetics towards every group on earth who isn't a white hetero male.
    I'm sorry you were so horribly bullied as a child. Had I been one of your parents, I would've intervened on your behalf. nevertheless, I have to point out that you're playing at the same game of conflation that makes so many members of the new-right appear cartoonish. Rednecks, depsite the terms geneaology, doesn't refer only to "white" people. Even if we bracket that lexicographic point for purposes of the current conversation it's still amply apparent that much of California is populated by rednecks. Fresno, Stockton, Bakersfield, etc are a few prominent examples. Now, even if we exclude altogether my reference to rednecks as an inadaquate or at least dispouted appropraition of the term the fact remains that I refered to rednecks and ignoramuses. The two categories are neither mutually consitutiive nor mutually exclusive. There are ignoramuses of all stripes here in California, as there are everywhere. Which brings us to the next point.

The dangerous lumping and essentializing which so marks right wing thought is again on full display. There are ten Muslim nations that have done something we in the U.S. have not yet been able to do: elect a female head of state. There are also more Muslim states that outlaw the veiling of women than prescribe it. And there are plenty of Muslims who support gay rights. (I work with two of them.) The facts aside, I will point out merely that the logical extension of the kind of conflation in which you engage would lead us to the conclusion that all Roman Catholics are child molesters, all evangelicals are closeted gays, and that all Christians in general are terrorist members of white supremacist groups. Yet we know these things aren't true.

I don't know why you're so hell bent on hating everybody. Again, the literature in psychology suggests that you were badly mistreated by your peers as a child and that you feel powerless nad without control in the face of changing world dynamics, especially with regards to the ebb of hetero-masculine power which, up until recently, was distributed rather narrowly to a caste based on "race." But the world, it is a-changing. And you know what? It's really pretty great.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Whatever. I know a few gay guys and have a couple in my family. They're cool people and funny as hell. A person is a person regardless of sexual preference. That criteria is not real high on my list of judging a human being's worth. If it was my son I wouldn't love him any less. Just how I'm raised I suppose. If he grew up to be a red sox or yankees fan, now that might be a serious problem.

Sunde91

I'm sorry you were so horribly bullied as a child. Had I been one of your parents, I would've intervened on your behalf. nevertheless, I have to point out that you're playing at the same game of conflation that makes so many members of the new-right appear cartoonish. Rednecks, depsite the terms geneaology, doesn't refer only to "white" people. Even if we bracket that lexicographic point for purposes of the current conversation it's still amply apparent that much of California is populated by rednecks. Fresno, Stockton, Bakersfield, etc are a few prominent examples. Now, even if we exclude altogether my reference to rednecks as an inadaquate or at least dispouted appropraition of the term the fact remains that I refered to rednecks and ignoramuses. The two categories are neither mutually consitutiive nor mutually exclusive. There are ignoramuses of all stripes here in California, as there are everywhere. Which brings us to the next point.

The dangerous lumping and essentializing which so marks right wing thought is again on full display. There are ten Muslim nations that have done something we in the U.S. have not yet been able to do: elect a female head of state. There are also more Muslim states that outlaw the veiling of women than prescribe it. And there are plenty of Muslims who support gay rights. (I work with two of them.) The facts aside, I will point out merely that the logical extension of the kind of conflation in which you engage would lead us to the conclusion that all Roman Catholics are child molesters, all evangelicals are closeted gays, and that all Christians in general are terrorist members of white supremacist groups. Yet we know these things aren't true.

I don't know why you're so hell bent on hating everybody. Again, the literature in psychology suggests that you were badly mistreated by your peers as a child and that you feel powerless nad without control in the face of changing world dynamics, especially with regards to the ebb of hetero-masculine power which, up until recently, was distributed rather narrowly to a caste based on "race." But the world, it is a-changing. And you know what? It's really pretty great.
    Opens with an unsubstantiated ad hominem about my childhood - zing

Throws big time words around like "lexographic" (that's not even close to spelling the word he's looking for, the fuking dope) to let everyone know he's a big time leftist intellectual here to play ball.

He's seriously trying to lead us to believe that "redneck" doesn't denote or connote whites.

red·neck

 /ˈrɛdˌnɛk/ Show Spelled [red-nek] Show IPA Informal: Often Disparaging .

–noun 1. an uneducated white farm laborer, especially from the South.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/redneck

Continues with Muslim apologetics by citing irrelevant, select instances of them being perceived as "progressive". As if having a woman as head of state is some intrinsically noble thing that absolves them from all else and is something the US should be shamed by for not yet having one. LOL.

And yet, in those very same countries, like Pakistan, woman are still legally beaten and rank 132 out of 134 countries in gender equality. Other countries ranking in the 100s include: Turkey, Egypt, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, etc, etc, etc.

https://members.weforum.org/pdf/gend...nkings2010.pdf

Now I suppose he would think it "dangerous" to make the general claim that Muslims treat women more poorly than any other group or religion. No, no, because he knows a couple Muslims who DON'T treat women poorly, so therefore one cannot make the dangerous claim "Muslims treat women poory than any other group or religion".

And there are plenty of Muslims who support gay rights. (I work with two of them.)

Class, this is what we call a weasler fallacy. See, he has no argument, let alone evidence, so the best he can do is weaken his own argument so much it becomes impossibly vauge. Of course we all exactly know what quantifies "plenty". Surely his two co-workers account for "plenty" amongst 1 billion Muslims.

So instead of accepting the fact that it is generally true that Muslims treat gays the worse than any other group, he would rather deny reality and give us a pile of shit

Last edited by Sunde91; 04-08-11 at 03:01 AM.

Tomahawk
    Tomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2957

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    Who cares?

Would make sure to have another kid that passes on my blood line though.
    I was going to answer the same, blood line passing from to a boy is the main priority of making a family.

kiln

Throws big time words around like "lexographic" (that's not even close to spelling the word he's looking for, the fuking dope) to let everyone know he's a big time leftist intellectual here to play ball.

I don't know what a "big-time" word is. But I do know that I wrote lexicographic. Not lexographic. And lexicographic is indeed spelled correctly. You like to show-off your facility with a dictionary so please confirm it for yourself.

Also, the term redneck has a long history of being appropriated as a term to refer to non-whites. I meant it very much to refer specifically to whites, but the point remains. (There is a collection of essays by Thomas Sowell, an African-American Rat Wanger, called "Black Rednecks and White Liberals." I have little truck with the Fox news types but someone like you may dig it.)

Your essentializing and lumping remains logically incoherent and intellectually obtuse. Not to mention dangerous and a provocation towards hatred. Clearly, though, you're comfortable in that hate. So I'll leave the rest of this conversation to you after ******* out one last time to any spectators that neither all Americans are small minded bigots nor are all Californians progressive humanists.

kiln

lol...."I" "point" is rendered as *******!

Sunde91

Also, the term redneck has a long history of being appropriated as a term to refer to non-whites.
    Continues to deny reality about what is generally true from any empirical or intuitive standpoint, citing that it is "logically incoherent and intellectually obtuse. Not to mention dangerous and a provocation towards hatred.", yet continues to throw out these useless assertions that hold zero empirical or intuitive merit. So one book negates both its literal definition (previous post) and its common usage in vernacular? No doubt when one says "rednecks", in reference to Californians, they're thinking of Hispanics, Blacks, and Asians..

Nice of you to drop the topic on gays and Muslims. I forgot to say, though, that homosexuality isn't an issue in the Muslim world. Why? Because it doesn't exist there, specifically, Iran. Occasionally, of course, a couple of defects will be uncovered, and they are dealt with. http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...Y1zdYbdpyrG2cw Homosexuality is illegal in most Muslim countries and punishable by death in 5 http://www.religionfacts.com/homosexuality/islam.htm

And yet, despite all of this evidence, the self-righteous intellectual will simply say I am "essentializing with a dangerous provocation of hate". Stating facts about the most intolerant group in the world makes you intolerant. Only in today's world.
    Last edited by Sunde91; 04-08-11 at 01:06 PM.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Nice of you to drop the topic on gays and Muslims. I forgot to say, though, that homosexuality isn't an issue in the Muslim world. Why? Because it doesn't exist there, specifically, Iran. Occasionally, of course, a couple of defects will be uncovered, and they are dealt with. http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...Y1zdYbdpyrG2cw Homosexuality is illegal in most Muslim countries and punishable by death in 5 http://www.religionfacts.com/homosexuality/islam.htm
    These articles are hilarious. "We don't have homosexuals in Iran." Since the dawn of man homosexuals have been in every country, every society, every period of the world. Obviously, they may not divulge it in face of penalty of death, that's common logic. When the founding fathers signed the Declaration, sodomy at that time was punishable by death too. As time progresses, liberalization takes place and generally people become more tolerant. If you stole a tomato in ancient Rome they used to feed your ass to a lion. The Middle East of course is still stuck in the Stone Age in most aspects regarding moral judgment. Do you have any idea what would happen to the United States if our law followed the Bible verbatim? Well, first off forget about gambling in any capacity ever again...

Free point to anyone who can guess this great line from a great movie(bit obscure):

"Twenty years ago you had the highest Gross National Product in the world, now you're tied with Albania. Your second largest export is secondhand goods, closely followed by dates which you're losing five cents a pound on... You know what the business community thinks of you? They think that a hundred years ago you were living in tents out here in the desert chopping each other's heads off and that's where you'll be in another hundred years, so on behalf of my firm I accept your offer."

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

When I was 12 and my Dad caught me smoking a cigarette he made me smoke a whole pack until I got sick. I never smoked another cigarette again. Problem solved. So in this case... I would call my Dad and have him take care of it for me.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeChip View Post

Free point to anyone who can guess this great line from a great movie(bit obscure):

"Twenty years ago you had the highest Gross National Product in the world, now you're tied with Albania. Your second largest export is secondhand goods, closely followed by dates which you're losing five cents a pound on... You know what the business community thinks of you? They think that a hundred years ago you were living in tents out here in the desert chopping each other's heads off and that's where you'll be in another hundred years, so on behalf of my firm I accept your offer."
    Syriana.
    Points Awarded:

CallMeChip gave mrmarket 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

I don't know how I'd react at first... eventually I'd come around, but it would take getting used to.

So hard to see how a guy doesn't want to bury his dong into a hot chic's vag... I would be thinking about this all the time if my son were gay.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I only have daughter, but I hope two things....1) she's self-confident and driven to succeed. 2) she's happy in her personal life/love.

I'll always love her unconditionally. Ideally, we won't have to worry about the gay thing....but if it happens....its not a total deal breaker.

She'd still be my girl.

Sunde91......you only confirmed what I said in my video shoutout to you. You seem really, really smart and well informed. Very impressive stuff. You're making me look good!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    When I was 12 and my Dad caught me smoking a cigarette he made me smoke a whole pack until I got sick. I never smoked another cigarette again. Problem solved. So in this case... I would call my Dad and have him take care of it for me.
    true story?

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Tell him that it is OK with me, he is entitled to have the sexuality that makes him happy.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    tell him that I still love him and that I dont care.
    this, tell him also to be careful out there, there are assholes that'll jump you for being different.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

if my son was gay id bring him to the ghetto and let him attempt to walk home. If he got home then he would have passed my test and id still love him. If he dies, o well, he was gay neway.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    true story?
    No. But I thought it was amusing.

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    No. But I thought it was amusing.
    Didnt think so.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

I dont think people are born that way, but if they are its no doubt humans fault.
    Last edited by BernardMadoff; 04-10-11 at 05:14 PM.

jubuck757
    jubuck757's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Since he like stuff in his booty. I woulld shove my foot right up his ass

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

I gotta admit...id be pretty upset/depressed/etc.
    Obviously id still love him.

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

I'd hope he's at least not a catcher. Lol

First 1234 Last