JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

What's the best Mobile phone to have?

So my contract is gonna end in May and my carrier is(was) TMobile. (I guess most of you now know how I got my user name, but I have had this user name for almost every forum, group, place on the internet and not ashamed to use it.LOLz)

Anyways, the phone I have right now is the G1 (Google phone HTC).
    I really love it, I never had any type of malfunction of glitch from it's IT side of it. The Camera is great and takes good pictures, except in the dark. Recording video only does 1min. I love the Android market and it's apps but the internal memory only allows so little space. External has a max capacity of 2Gb card. I tried a 4Gb card and it works, but it doesn't recognizes it very well as sometimes it tells me that I have no card installed so I take it out and put it back in.
    Other than that, I'm happy with it but am looking to see and find something better and upgradeable.

Keep in mind, I love the TMobile G1 HTC because of the sliding keyboard pad it has and I'm looking for one too.

But I would like to know, in your opinion, which mobile phone you find as being the best and can do a lot of stuff.

I am thinking of the G2x or maybe just G2 since it has a keyboard pad.

dlweaver
    one day at a time....
    dlweaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

DroidX has given me zero problems so far

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have the HTC EVO.

I also came from T-mobile over to Sprint. I couldn't stand T-mobile's reception, I couldn't make phone calls from my house and would drop calls at 2 different spots on my way to work. It was the biggest pain in my ass, I had to connect to Wifi at home in order to make a call.

So I went into sprint when the Evo was launching(around 4th of july last year) Told them I was very interested in that phone, but the problem was that I still had contract with T-Mobile until November(about 4 months) They took care of it all and paid my early termination fee for T-mobile. All we had to do was go to the sprint store with our T-mobile bill for the next month (with the ETF fee on it) and give it to sprint, and they gave us a check 2 days later for the full payment of the fee.

My brother has a samsung(I think) 4G on sprint, with a sliding keyboard and android and likes it.

You could also get the HTC EVO slide I believe it's called, it has a sliding keyboard and the camera is really nice on the Evo(8megapixel) and I've been able to take up to 4 minute videos, and could probably go longer, it's just that I haven't tried.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Not to mention our bill for Sprint is cheaper than our bill for T-mobile was. And t-mobile we only had 400 text's each, 700 anytime minutes, top 5 or whatever that was called. Sprint we have unlimited everything, and my g/f gets off 24% by telling sprint where she works. My brother got off 19% off his bill with sprint. So check that out as well, see if you get a decent discount.

My buddies have the Iphone and that is nice as well.

nyjets15
    nyjets15's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have the HTC evo too.....no issues with it so far....and I know you are worried about the keyboard, but trust me you'll get used to it

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

I-Phone, HTC Evo, Thunderbolt or Incredible

/End Thread

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Palm Pre - My first smartphone. I didn't even care about smartphones until I saw the ads for this beauty.
    webOS is a dark horse beast. Believe. Coming soon to tablet PCs near you.

Looking forward to getting the Pre3 in the early fall. I HOPE it is on Sprint, because they have shown me love over the last 16 months.

elgreco
    elgreco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

If you are a techie willing to jailbreak, the iPhone is still the best. If you're not willing/able to jailbreak, then skip the iPhone and go with one of the androids.

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    So my contract is gonna end in May and my carrier is(was) TMobile. (I guess most of you now know how I got my user name, but I have had this user name for almost every forum, group, place on the internet and not ashamed to use it.LOLz)

Anyways, the phone I have right now is the G1 (Google phone HTC).
    I really love it, I never had any type of malfunction of glitch from it's IT side of it. The Camera is great and takes good pictures, except in the dark. Recording video only does 1min. I love the Android market and it's apps but the internal memory only allows so little space. External has a max capacity of 2Gb card. I tried a 4Gb card and it works, but it doesn't recognizes it very well as sometimes it tells me that I have no card installed so I take it out and put it back in.
    Other than that, I'm happy with it but am looking to see and find something better and upgradeable.

Keep in mind, I love the TMobile G1 HTC because of the sliding keyboard pad it has and I'm looking for one too.

But I would like to know, in your opinion, which mobile phone you find as being the best and can do a lot of stuff.

I am thinking of the G2x or maybe just G2 since it has a keyboard pad.
    I work at T-Mobile and that G2x is going to be SICK. That and there's a new HTC Android phone coming out similar to Sprint's EVO but it's gonna be dual-core 1.2 ghz and 4.3" screen - that'll be out sometime early May.

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the droid 2 myself. the Internet speed good be faster thou.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Have to go with the apple iPhone man!!

zuk
    zuk's Avatar Become A Pro!

there are rumblings that iPhone 5 is coming in September...

roninchow
    roninchow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iphone 4 or dual core android.

Elevated
    Linning!
    Elevated's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

#1 iPhone 4/5
    #2 HTC EVO
    #3 Droid X

sonyman
    sonyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

HTC incredible and buy the bigger battery...works great for me

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

iphone 5 arriving in june according to latest rumors. so i wouldnt sign any contracts til then.

in the meantime you can get the lg optimus v for virgin mobile or the samsung intercept which isnt as good but has the sliding keyboard. $25 for unlimited internet plus the phone works as a wifi hotspot (optimus, not sure about intercept) for your laptop.

the best is theres no contract so you can leave whenever they release the iphone.

JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

To be honest just get a beeper and use pay phones

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Not to mention our bill for Sprint is cheaper than our bill for T-mobile was. And t-mobile we only had 400 text's each, 700 anytime minutes, top 5 or whatever that was called. Sprint we have unlimited everything, and my g/f gets off 24% by telling sprint where she works. My brother got off 19% off his bill with sprint. So check that out as well, see if you get a decent discount.

My buddies have the Iphone and that is nice as well.
    I came from Sprint, and my bill was way high. Funny how some other people really get lucky with other providers. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsubowen View Post
    I work at T-Mobile and that G2x is going to be SICK. That and there's a new HTC Android phone coming out similar to Sprint's EVO but it's gonna be dual-core 1.2 ghz and 4.3" screen - that'll be out sometime early May.
    Does the G2x come with a slide keyboard?
    I saw the ad and there is no quote for the 2 year contract, what is it?
    You think the reps would wanna keep me and give me a deal on the G2x?

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

That's weird.

Our bill is 14 bucks cheaper than it was with T-mobile. And we have insurance on our phones which we pay about 6 bucks for each phone.
    Total bill for 2 phones unlimited everything w/ Insurance($6/phone) and 4G($10/phone) and after taxes is 139.

My brother came from ATT and he only had 1 phone with internet and his bill is cheaper with Sprint.

Best of luck with your choice.

elgreco
    elgreco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

I have the lowest AT&T iPhone plan available + 500 or so SMS, and it comes out to ~$103.00/mn after taxes.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I love my iPhone but AT@T has god awful reception T-MOBILE has shit load better reception

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

HTC is the best in my opinion but remember this: your mobile phone is your worst possible enemy 'cause g-man is keeping track of you (where you've been, where you are and where you are going to) even if your phone is off.

onizuka
    onizuka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2533

For me is a pair of an iPhone 4 and Android Honeycomb phone. You can have almost every software for each platforms

bachngocduong
    bachngocduong's Avatar Become A Pro!

HTC diamond phone

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

it all depends on fancy you want, i like LG

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

HTC is coming out with an Evo 3D in June (I think) and the new IPhone will be coming out sometime in September. You can't go wrong with either.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

My Samsung focus with window 7 working great.

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

have to go with the iphone...

Flyers21
    Flyers21's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a droid incredible and it is awesome