hustla
    hustla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5619

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    good nutrition and cardio

3 meals/3 protein shakes daily to make up your 6 meals per day:

meal 1: breakfast - egg whites, fruit, and wheat bagel/toast
    meal 2: protein shake
    meal 3: lunch - turkey, tuna whatever healthy sandwich on wheat, fruit, yog. etc.
    meal 4: protein shake
    meal 5: supper - chicken, fish, pork (good protein) with brown rice, asp., broc., corn, etc. (good veg)
    meal 6: protein shake

they say you're suppose to eat 6 small meals daily as opposed to 3 big meals but I find it better to use shakes for 3 of the meals, still following what they state is best for you

portions are also crucial, keep them down

as for cardio, either run 3 miles daily or bike 15 daily

20 in 2 months isn't hard if you stick to a good diet and workout daily, gl.
    this, plus add some fat, like omega 3

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Just burn more calories more than you take in. Remember that a bar of chocolate is 500 calories where it will take 3 hours of jog to burn.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Dont do no fking Diet plan just eat healthy foods and go to the gym all that other shit is bad for your body and complete BS.

Im studying to be a dietician and the best way to lose weight is go to the gym and eat healthy.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

I have been on low carbohydrate diet for a while. It drops weight if you follow it and make some light exercise. Contrary to what many people thinks, it could include a fair chunk of veggies. Things like mushrooms and spinach are fine in fairly large quantities. Some other veggies (zucchini, peppers, avocado) and fruits (berries, canteloupes) are allowed in moderate amounts.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25076

Some form of low-carb diet and lots of cardio works for me.

jbrent95
    jbrent95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1450

I like weight watchers. The points are simple, and there are several Android aps to help.

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Low fat, low calorie, low carb. Lots of veggies, chicken and fish. And exercise 3-4 times a week. The pounds will come off, especially if you don't exercise much (or eat healthy) as it is.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Atkins usually is good for a quick 20 -- then gets harder to lose. Combine that with some cardio, and you should be good to go.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

eat fruit and vegies only - fresh only - nothing else - drink water only and occationally milk before you go to bed in couple of months - you'll make it - maybe even in a month

Tomahawk
    Tomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2957

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Just exercise and eat right....it's really that simple.
    Yes, that's the way I roll.

Exercize, don't eat too much bread but you can eat as many meat and vegetables as you wish to.

Run around the block a few times daily!

DRZ
    Update your status
    DRZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

I heard the book The 4-Hour Body is an excellent source to get back in shape.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

eat lots of fiber and run 5 miles a day

MWade
    MWade's Avatar Become A Pro!

diets dont work

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeChip View Post
    The eat healthy and exercise diet? Less calories, more lean proteins, fruits and vegetables. There are no quick fixes. Studies are showing lately the various hazardous long term effects on "rollercoaster" weight gain and loss because of "dieting". Eating healthy should be a lifelong endeavor not a short term goal. It is necessary to reward yourself if you can't live without something like sweets or chocalate, but do so sparingly. I am a former fat person, 226 lbs, 6'0" 30% body fat at my worst. Now 186 lbs and 14% body fat. Most of my weight loss was due to change in nutrition and eating habits (no late night gorging or crazy sugar indulgences). If you can cut out fast food altogether, that makes a HUGE difference. Most of my weight loss came from hard lifting and intense interval cardio over about a 12-14 month period. My best piece of advice is don't neglect weights. Adding muscle is just as or almost more important then cardiovascular exercise in terms of losing fat. In all honesty though, making sure you eat right is the most important factor in losing weight.
    The best answers are right here. You need to exercise. And forget diets, you need to eat right. Lots of protein. Make sure you get enough at breakfast. Don't have a huge supper. If you need a snack just do up some hard boiled eggs. I was on a work trip and with eating a good breakfast and having a good lunch I couldn't really eat a large supper. So I ended up going with large smoothies for supper at Jumba Juice. I didn't eat after supper other then a granola bar or two. My wife notice a drop in weight in the two weeks I was gone.

James

Flexin

By the way adding muscle will help burn calories. It takes more to maintain a pound of muscle then a pound of fat.

Are you sure you really need to lose 20 lbs? Unless you have a small frame that is light for your height IMO.

James

Poppa K
    Poppa K's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MWade View Post
    diets dont work
    I call Bull Schmidt.. Diets do work, One immediatley comes to mind.

Duct Tape Diet (simply apply a strip of two inch Duct Tape over your pie hole). Have a hard boiled egg and half of a Grapefruit for Breakfast. Have a salad and fruit for lunch. Have a small piece of fish, chicken or a very small steak and some steamed veggies and a fruit for dinner. Have a sweat fruit for a snack in the evening. In between Breakfast, Lunch and dinner, apply the duct tape.

Remember, we NEED to eat for energy purposes only. When we eat for pleasure (taste or other fullfillment) thats when we put on the extra Lbs.

Plenty of water all day and night...

It will result in a 20 Lb weight loss in short order...
    Last edited by Poppa K; 03-31-11 at 08:37 PM.

Primetime2125
    Primetime2125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4237

I've been on Atkins for 2 weeks and I have already lost 11 pounds. BUT I'm overweight and my body is burning my stored fat. I don't know if it would work for you or not because you don't sound overweight.

GL with whatever you choose!

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

It's called "Finger down the throat" diet

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't understand this whole diet shit. I just laugh when I hear about all these fad diets like the "grapefruit diet", whatever the **** that is. It's not rocket science. It's called eating right, exercising, and not going to McDonalds every night. It's really not that ******* difficult. I've lost weight without even trying because I don't stuff myself with junk food. Just plan out your meals. Eat a nice salad with some lean grilled chicken with no dressing everyday for lunch. For dinner, have some lean fish instead of frying the crap out of chicken with some gross french fries. Run on the treadmill for a half hour. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Have a bottle of water instead of that can of Sprite. If you really do need soda, drink diet soda instead. Go for the baked chips instead of the fried chips.It's just little things like this that make a world of difference.

beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic
    beanbag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

work out and eat protein and lower calories! watch those cals

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

correct ^^

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Seen a lot of people drop weight on 60-90 day diets but when they get off of them they gain it all back in a few months.
    Seems as though keeping the weight off has more to do with eating right and getting plenty of exercise.

GL

cloudagh
    cloudagh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
    20 lbs in 2 months? I think that is asking a bit much.

James
    Atkins will do that for you.

Flexin

Quote Originally Posted by cloudagh View Post
    Atkins will do that for you.
    I'm not saying it can't be done. There are many ways to do it. Its just a lot to take off if you want to do it right and keep it off.

James

First 12