tmorton
    tmorton's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was this karma?

First time ever being pulled over with alcohol in my system! Felt like sh!t after the fact. Not only did he not ask me if I had been drinking, he let me go with a warning and it was after midnight. Earlier in the day a guy walking infront of me dropped $20 and kept walking! Could have kept it but picked it up, caught up with him and gave it back. Never really bought into the whole Karma thing but I might now! Was this Karma or just a lucky break or is there a difference? Thoughts?

JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Yes Karma is true my friend

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

karma is real

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

good for you!

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

It wasn't karma. What happened to you is a superstitious and guilty mind trying to connect unrelated events. Karma's as real as Santa Claus.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

its only human nature to connect events like that, i wish karma was real but it isn't

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

What people believe to be karma is just an excuse for people not understanding what happened so they look for answers and claim, 'ooh must be karma' when really it was the way of the world.

It's the whole reason people are religious, because they are desperate for an answer and look to some divine intervention b*llocks.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I know people who if something bad happens to them while they're wearing certain clothing they will throw it out. That is just stupidity on their part.

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

I can't believe someone on here would give someone back money. If it was DacBietViet he would've ran to a m0neygram location with that $20.

tmorton
    tmorton's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe it is my mind trying to justify feeling better about giving the money back but either way, I am glad it worked out! Don't get me wrong... I do not support drinking and driving and last night was a bad error in judgement on my part! All I am saying is that if Karma is real, I am glad it was on my side last night!

jpowderly
    I have alzheimer's disease
    jpowderly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Karma is real

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not a big fan of religion but I believe in karma. Personally, I feel everyone in this world will live a balanced life, either through intentions or what is brought upon them. I'm not talking about a balanced life in terms of finances - rather, a balanced life in terms of what you give and take in ethics and morals. If you do good, you're rewarded, while at the other end of the spectrum, those who do bad get punished.

kiln
    Ezekiel 25:17
    kiln's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

How is being a moral, ethical person at all related to anything besides being a moral, ethical person? What kind of parents do people have that raise them to ever even consider keeping money they know doesn't belong to them? How is it even a question?

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    its only human nature to connect events like that, i wish karma was real but it isn't
    dead on

DRZ
    Update your status
    DRZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

awesome, proof that karma is in fact real, nice.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

What does karma have to do with religion?

kiln
    Ezekiel 25:17
    kiln's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    What does karma have to do with religion?
    It is, for one, the foundational premise of Buddhism. Which is a religion. The fifth largest in the world, actually. With over 350 million adherents.

shaggy3000
    shaggy3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Karma most likely isnt real. but its odd how things work out sometimes. you did have that happen to you and everyone on he could think of a similar event that happened to them. but you always got to wonder with stuff. like Lebron talking shit about the cavs ( and even using the word karma ) ( o wait i think he tried to say it wasnt related to the Cavs but odds are it was ) and then they go out and play their next game and he plays poorly and they lose by 10+. kinda makes you wonder.

your best bet is to believe Karma is real and make decisions based on that!

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by kiln View Post
    It is, for one, the foundational premise of Buddhism. Which is a religion. The fifth largest in the world, actually. With over 350 million adherents.
    I figured it had to do with some religion besides Christianity, because I never heard talks about it, having to do with anything Bible related.

I believe Karma is all in peoples heads, but of course that is just the Christian upbringing that makes me think that.

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

In both situation you were in the right place, at the right time, and with the right people. It could have easily have received no thanks for the $20 you returned & a DUI if it were the other way around. Either way a good story to tell while drinking at the bar tonight

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

I believe its also a large part of Hinduism

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy3000 View Post
    Karma most likely isnt real. but its odd how things work out sometimes. you did have that happen to you and everyone on he could think of a similar event that happened to them. but you always got to wonder with stuff. like Lebron talking shit about the cavs ( and even using the word karma ) ( o wait i think he tried to say it wasnt related to the Cavs but odds are it was ) and then they go out and play their next game and he plays poorly and they lose by 10+. kinda makes you wonder. your best bet is to believe Karma is real and make decisions based on that!
    Lebron had a good game last night...Triple Double, good shooting, poor FT's, halfass defense.

But karma is the same damn thing as people creating threads on here to "jinx" a game. If people really believe that a game turned tides and won for him, just because he created a thread "jinxing" it, then he is retarded.

shaggy3000
    shaggy3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

gates i was talking about earlier in the season when Lebron made the tweet.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy3000 View Post
    gates i was talking about earlier in the season when Lebron made the tweet.

That's what I figured after I wrote it, since I didn't hear anything about that last night.

My bad.