Hazious
    Lake Show Life
    Hazious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

nas is a fukkin illuminati sell out. im not saying it doesn't sound nice, but give me tupac to the veins any day over nas. its hard to pin point best albums or records, as a lot of these guys let the shit get to their heads after a good album. mobb deep. pete rock. playas circle. ugk. LAD and WTK. all of ** TANG. i could go on and on wit that shit. what about big L he never gets any mention. imo fukk jay z and nas.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I love Big L, but that album sucked.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Hottest thing out at the time.
    All credibility goes out the window when this is written. 99% of the best rap albums are/were underground jawns that got limited or no play on the radio.

The 2nd album Nas came out with was the "hottest thing out at the time" just because of Illmatic. If Nas had come out with It Was Written first, his second album would have had no play at all. Give me one song on that album that is as good as any song on Illmatic.

Best Rap Albums ever:

Outkast's first 3 or 4 albums. The one that won the grammy, it was a double album was their worst.

Buhloon Mind State-De La Soul

Stress/The Extinction Agenda-Organized Konfusion

The Infamous-Mobb Deep

6 feet deep-Gravediggaz (give me one other group with 2 of the top 5 producers to ever live. RZA and Prince Paul were both in Gravediggaz and the beats in this album are second to none).

WuTang's first 3 albums, 2 were a double album in 1997. Also ODB first solo album, Raekwon's first, Ghostface-Ironman, Killarmy-Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars. All of these mentioned are in the top 20. Method Man had Tical which was a very good album but not considered one of the best ever. Still Tical is head and shoulders better than any record Tupac ever produced. The rest of Method Man's albums were forced by his record company and not any good.

Hieroglyphics from Oakland have about 7 or 8 of the best rap albums of all times. They split into subgroups like Casual, Del, Extra Prolific, Souls, etc

Bizarre Ride To the Pharcyde-Pharcyde

Tribe Called Quest's first 3 albums are all in the top 20.

If you held a gun to my head and I had to pick one album as best ever it would have to be 93 till Infinity or maybe Casual Fear Itself. Close second 36 Chambers by the **.
    Last edited by WileOut; 03-27-11 at 07:54 PM.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    All credibility goes out the window when this is written. 99% of the best rap albums are/were underground jawns that got limited or no play on the radio.

The 2nd album Nas came out with was the "hottest thing out at the time" just because of Illmatic. If Nas had come out with It Was Written first, his second album would have had no play at all. Give me one song on that album that is as good as any song on Illmatic.

1)your entire credibility is shot when you say that eminem's slim shady lp is not a top 100 album. That's just plain ridiculous

2)"the message", "affirmative action", "shootouts" are all rap classics

it was written is a masterpiece

Hazious
    Lake Show Life
    Hazious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

also i like most all of the shit that BHO puts out.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post

Best Rap Albums ever:

Buhloon Mind State-De La Soul

Stress/The Extinction Agenda-Organized Konfusion

The Infamous-Mobb Deep

6 feet deep-Gravediggaz (give me one other group with 2 of the top 5 producers to ever live. RZA and Prince Paul were both in Gravediggaz and the beats in this album are second to none).

WuTang's first 3 albums, 2 were a double album in 1997. Also ODB first solo album, Raekwon's first, Ghostface-Ironman, Killarmy-Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars. All of these mentioned are in the top 20. Method Man had Tical which was a very good album but not considered one of the best ever. Still Tical is head and shoulders better than any record Tupac ever produced. The rest of Method Man's albums were forced by his record company and not any good.

Hieroglyphics from Oakland have about 7 or 8 of the best rap albums of all times. They split into subgroups like Casual, Del, Extra Prolific, Souls, etc

Bizarre Ride To the Pharcyde-Pharcyde

Tribe Called Quest's first 3 albums are all in the top 20.
    I grew up with **-tang and I see ghostface on a weekly basis. Stapleton and park hill project are right up the block from where I sit. I know all of the **, so I won't argue with you on that. As far as it was written, many good song. Off the top of my head. The first song I don't remember the name(pretty thug no love, you catch a slug) that shit. "Live ***** rap" with mobb deep". The collaboration with cormega and foxy(introducing the firm). The whole fukken album was hot. Was a little commercial, but plenty of hot tracks. "Silent murder". I could go on and on. Your wrong there buddy. I gave you a chance.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    1)your entire credibility is shot when you say that eminem's slim shady lp is not a top 100 album. That's just plain ridiculous

2)"the message", "affirmative action", "shootouts" are all rap classics

it was written is a masterpiece
    This guy is nuts. And you keep saying the exact shit I'm sayin but shorter

First 12