toldyou
    toldyou's Avatar Become A Pro!

bass fishing

when u do fish freshwater bass, opening season is when and also worms to start or minnows..just a few posts to see your fishing opinions

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Used to fish with my uncle he was always up early and reeling in the bass...was a good time...

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Judgement call on bait. I prefer minnows when I fish.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

there is no season on bass here
    google "texas rig" for an artificial bait. you can fish it through structure and not get caught up.
    red wigglers for bream
    catch small bream hook them right under the backbone, toss them out and let them swim around till the big bass comes and takes it.

minnows work good for crappie

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Plastic lizards are good for bass. Bass will start biting when it warms up. Crappie are biting now. Use small minnows and fish near the banks under brush.

mmike032

bream will be bedding soon

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I use mostly artificial lures as well. Spinerbaits and crank baits work the best for people starting out as they are fairly simply casted out and retreived back. My all time favorite however is a 5" soft plactic stickbait. I fish it weightless and twitch it as it falls. The bass typically attack it as it drops. Hard to describe technique in detail, but they're called a senko or YUM makes a lil dinger, same thing.

Best of Luck! I have to wait a few more months up here in Minnesota!

Strange Design
    Strange Design's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Live herring > all for striper.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I use mostly artificial lures as well. Spinerbaits and crank baits work the best for people starting out as they are fairly simply casted out and retreived back. My all time favorite however is a 5" soft plactic stickbait. I fish it weightless and twitch it as it falls. The bass typically attack it as it drops. Hard to describe technique in detail, but they're called a senko or YUM makes a lil dinger, same thing. Best of Luck! I have to wait a few more months up here in Minnesota!
    Some actually refer to them as jerkbaits. I have seen those used on TV shows, and they can be VERY effective.

shade3599
    shade3599's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I second mike here. I fish around a lot of cover and Texas rigged plastics work the best. Also I use a lot of top water frogs around the lillipads. But that I for later in the summer. If you are shore fishing, nothing beats a Minnow and a bobber.

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    there is no season on bass here
    google "texas rig" for an artificial bait. you can fish it through structure and not get caught up.
    red wigglers for bream
    catch small bream hook them right under the backbone, toss them out and let them swim around till the big bass comes and takes it.

minnows work good for crappie

hugh_morris
    hugh_morris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

Mid April is when fishing season opens up here in CT. Trout fishing is big here when the season opens...mealy worms and big earthworms will bait a strike like no other ...around June or July for the large-mouth bass...out.

Flyers21
    Flyers21's Avatar Become A Pro!

I use a lot of plastic worms for bass and crankbaits works great as well. Caught a few yesterday morning!

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I use mostly artificial lures as well. Spinerbaits and crank baits work the best for people starting out as they are fairly simply casted out and retreived back. My all time favorite however is a 5" soft plactic stickbait. I fish it weightless and twitch it as it falls. The bass typically attack it as it drops. Hard to describe technique in detail, but they're called a senko or YUM makes a lil dinger, same thing. Best of Luck! I have to wait a few more months up here in Minnesota!
    Not sure if it's called a "wacky rig" or not, but just a hook through the middle of a nice 5" Gary Yamamoto stickbait. Used to nail some big ones with that.

Got a couple ponds in the front of my subdivision, I used to catch some nice bass out there, but last year the water looked kinda ****** up for some reason. So I just went to aldi, picked up a 1 dollar pack of hot dogs, throw them on a hook and just sit there with a couple fishing poles with the hotdog on the bottom. About ever 5-10 minutes I'd catch a cat fish. I think I only caught one bass last year and it was on a leech.

mmike032

mostly depends on where and what and when your fishing for as to what bait to use.
    early in the morning and right before dark are great times for topwater plugs here.
    once it gets hot( middle of the day) the bass go deeper. best times to fish are early or late in the day here once it gets hot.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Not sure if it's called a "wacky rig" or not, but just a hook through the middle of a nice 5" Gary Yamamoto stickbait. Used to nail some big ones with that.

Got a couple ponds in the front of my subdivision, I used to catch some nice bass out there, but last year the water looked kinda ****** up for some reason. So I just went to aldi, picked up a 1 dollar pack of hot dogs, throw them on a hook and just sit there with a couple fishing poles with the hotdog on the bottom. About ever 5-10 minutes I'd catch a cat fish. I think I only caught one bass last year and it was on a leech.
    Correct, you can rig em Wacky style. Looks crazy, but it changes it up. I ussualy fish them weightless. Rig them so they are weedless and you're in for a good time!

Vindicate
    Vindicate's Avatar Become A Pro!

i use artificial bait most of the time when fishing. so i just catch whatever bites

got this largemouth with a Gulp leech at a small pond

hit big fish and bass on spinners all the time
    muskey with lil blood but it lived

my Bro always shows me up though

captain
    captain's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like to fishing too...and season is here again

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Damn, sweet pictures

nikevols
    nikevols's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice fish...too bad I suck at fishing but always have enjoyed it

hugh4310
    hugh4310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Is gay can't even eat bass!

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hugh4310 View Post
    Is gay can't even eat bass!

I'm sure the mexicans that fish for Carp would eat it. Throw a little hot sauce on it, and they'd be killing eachother for it.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Love bass fishing. Usually use texas rigged plastics as well, always liked using Ringworms. I don't get to fish as much as I used too, but still getting in my belly boat and catching some bass. Nighttime, especially is summer, I like using a black Jitterbug or my old beat up Pico Pop. That explosion in the dark when bass hits it is a real rush.