head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Looking for some good flounder fishing tips...

Didn't do very well in last years tournament, biggest fish I weighed in was 4 lbs...friends and friends of friends all throw in $20 each with the winner (heaviest fish) taking all, we run it from May till November, all fish must be weighed in and recorded at the local Hardware store, so cheating is not an option. I don't know much about fishing and was really forced into the sport since moving to the beach since that's what most of my friends do in the summer. I recall reading an article in the Fisherman's Post last year where some 8 year old boy was playing with his dad's rod practicing casting off the beach and caught an 8 pounder on a fking dry hook, unreal, maybe I should try that technique.
    Any valuable tips I receive from here that produces results I will transfer points to the poster, depending on how big the flounder is depends on how big the points transfer is ...thanks in advance.
    Last edited by head_strong; 03-24-11 at 01:37 AM.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Where are you fishing and what have you been using (gear, bait, etc)?

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

IntraCoastal Waterway North Carolina, so lots of boat docks, beach is right across the street, pier is a few blocks away, so I can fish at any of the above. Currently I'm using one of my friends rods, for bait we usually net some live Menhaden from the IntraCoastal.
    Last edited by head_strong; 03-24-11 at 02:48 PM.