1. #1
    jackpot269
    You are blind to the truth
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-24-07
    Posts: 9,300
    Betpoints: 6102

    The right and big business

    One thing that I get a lot of enjoyment out of is the Right complaining and Big Companies and Corporation when they don't do or act exactly as they want them too. Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, Google and all the others they have problems with now.
    Its the policies they have pushed for and passed that greatly helped these companies to have the power and influence that they enjoy today.
    Huge tax breaks and incentives have helped them grow wealth for their founders and upper tier management that was once thought of as impossible to obtain.
    Cutting health and safety regulations and all sorts of protections for the average worker.
    Then all the public health regulation cuts with emission and reporting, rising the limits on reporting leaks and spills. And that's just a few I saw in my work career hundreds if not thousands of things to push for bigger companies and it worked!

    Ever election you hear deregulation and when ever they have a majority its coming, its one of the things Trump loved to brag about we took restrictions off so they could grow bigger and better

    We took the government out of Businesses they don't need us telling them what to do.

    until (hears the good part)

    They do what the Right dont like! They gave them the world and was happy to do it.

    Then one person broke the rules that, had been set because, they had the power too, and he was told he could not play here anymore and everything changed!!
    All of a sudden the right is for regulation and telling these companies what they can and cant do after telling them for years do what you want.

    Oh the irony

    Anyone that says Trump don't have free speech dont know what that means. I would bet he has been heard by more people more times in the last 6 years than anyone in the USA and most likely the World. He's Not in office anymore, or said he is running for anything and still has rally's and appears on tv regular. He has more free speech then anyone in the history of USA!!
    Last edited by jackpot269; 05-07-22 at 08:46 PM.

  2. #2
    MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-18-10
    Posts: 14,760
    Betpoints: 1658

    Tax breaks spur innovation.

    Income taxes were deemed unconstitutional until 1865, then again after up till 1915 or so.

    Taxation is theft, it's anti productive. Less tax = more research, innovation, production.

    Afterall, if a 100% tax worked, the USSR would rule the world and CUBA / Venezuela would be rich...

    Instead low tax States like TX, FL, TN continue to grow and Countries use tax rates to lure investments (see Ireland, Costa Rica, etc).

    It's not the GOP complaining about big business and tax breaks, it's tax breaks being used to influence consumer behavior...to pick winners & losers.

    IE halt drilling EO then offer $15k rebate on electric vehicles.

    That's bullshit.
    Points Awarded:

    slewfan gave MinnesotaFats 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  3. #3
    Greget
    Trump for Prison
    Greget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-10
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 4140

    Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    Anyone that says Trump don't have free speech dont know what that means. I would bet he has been heard by more people more times in the last 6 years than anyone in the USA and most likely the World. He's Not in office anymore, or said he is running for anything and still has rally's and appears on tv regular. He has more free speech then anyone in the history of USA!!
    That's one of the weirdest and scariest parts. When a normal person's politician loses, it basically ends there, who cares... But not trumptards, the obedience and loyalty they display to Trump is more akin to cult members than normal people supporting their politician. Let's see if these fuggers try to overthrow democracy again, I hope they try.

  4. #4
    Greget
    Trump for Prison
    Greget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-10
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 4140

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Tax breaks spur innovation.
    Scandinavian countries have some of the highest tax rates in the world. They are massively innovative. Elon Musk clearly didn't need tax breaks for anything he has done.
    Income taxes were deemed unconstitutional until 1865, then again after up till 1915 or so.

    Taxation is theft, it's anti productive. Less tax = more research, innovation, production.
    Wrong. Taxation is simply an instrument, if you are dumb like the US and use tax dollars like subsidize rich people, you get massive inequality and less innovation. If you are smart like South Korea, and use taxation to spur new industry and innovation, you get more innovation.
    Afterall, if a 100% tax worked, the USSR would rule the world and CUBA / Venezuela would be rich...
    Dumb argument
    Instead low tax States like TX, FL, TN continue to grow and Countries use tax rates to lure investments (see Ireland, Costa Rica, etc).
    And these low taxes states have massive deficiencies because they don't collect enough taxes.
    It's not the GOP complaining about big business and tax breaks, it's tax breaks being used to influence consumer behavior...to pick winners & losers.

    You have to tax something, and you have to spend it on something. It's how modern society function. This is shit I learned in 3rd grade. Republicans spend it on dumb shit (wars, tax cuts for billionaires, military waste, oil subsidies).
    IE halt drilling EO then offer $15k rebate on electric vehicles.

    That's bullshit.

    No it's smart.
    F- Post

  5. #5
    chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-02-10
    Posts: 36,481
    Betpoints: 5940

    Used to be they charged Corp. 90%. But they could use tax money to improve things. That was they would use the extra money instead of giving to govt to improve work space. But the Nixon’s decided that was the wrong way to go about it. This is when we started shitting the bed.

  6. #6
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Taxing business is just plain stupid. They need to pay something. China charges 12%m, the US 21%. Export zones in Mexico are 0%.

    If you read Jack's post carefully you see why Dems want to tax biz. They are envious of the owners.

    But businesses employ us. They are our future and our family's future. We the people need to make sure they are strong and have strong balance sheets. We need businesses a helluva a lot more than we need government.
    Points Awarded:

    slewfan gave RoyBacon 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  7. #7
    slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-15
    Posts: 11,570
    Betpoints: 4577

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Tax breaks spur innovation.

    Income taxes were deemed unconstitutional until 1865, then again after up till 1915 or so.

    Taxation is theft, it's anti productive. Less tax = more research, innovation, production.

    Afterall, if a 100% tax worked, the USSR would rule the world and CUBA / Venezuela would be rich...

    Instead low tax States like TX, FL, TN continue to grow and Countries use tax rates to lure investments (see Ireland, Costa Rica, etc).

    It's not the GOP complaining about big business and tax breaks, it's tax breaks being used to influence consumer behavior...to pick winners & losers.

    IE halt drilling EO then offer $15k rebate on electric vehicles.

    That's bullshit.
    This is a bit too complicated for the simple leftist mind to grasp.

  8. #8
    slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-15
    Posts: 11,570
    Betpoints: 4577

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Taxing business is just plain stupid. They need to pay something. China charges 12%m, the US 21%. Export zones in Mexico are 0%.

    If you read Jack's post carefully you see why Dems want to tax biz. They are envious of the owners.

    But businesses employ us. They are our future and our family's future. We the people need to make sure they are strong and have strong balance sheets. We need businesses a helluva a lot more than we need government.
    Lefties know this to be true. But they just follow the ideas of their fake media and blindly go where they are led...

  9. #9
    ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-05-08
    Posts: 8,020
    Betpoints: 18687

    Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Used to be they charged Corp. 90%. But they could use tax money to improve things. That was they would use the extra money instead of giving to govt to improve work space. But the Nixon’s decided that was the wrong way to go about it. This is when we started shitting the bed.
    Good point.

  10. #10
    jackpot269
    You are blind to the truth
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-24-07
    Posts: 9,300
    Betpoints: 6102

    I had 2 main points in that

    1) when you help build the monster and then he don't do actually as you wish, you is to blame?

    2) No person or company can silence Mr trump he has more access to to speech than any other private citizen in the world and probably any public figure also!

  11. #11
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    I had 2 main points in that

    1) when you help build the monster and then he don't do actually as you wish, you is to blame?

    2) No person or company can silence Mr trump he has more access to to speech than any other private citizen in the world and probably any public figure also!
    I believe it is a fact Trump was silenced by twitter and facebook.

    Can you name anyone on the left that was silenced? How about the Ayatollah, #1 state terrorist in the world? Maybe Farrakhan? Kim Jun?

    The left is scared. Not in the name democracy or humanity but in the name of losing their grip on power.

  12. #12
    Greget
    Trump for Prison
    Greget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-10
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 4140

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    I believe it is a fact Trump was silenced by twitter and facebook.

    Can you name anyone on the left that was silenced? How about the Ayatollah, #1 state terrorist in the world? Maybe Farrakhan? Kim Jun?

    The left is scared. Not in the name democracy or humanity but in the name of losing their grip on power.
    Trump won 2016 because of twitter and facebook. Are you even aware your comparing Trump to the Ayatollah, here you're actually right. Left is scared of authoritarianism and an end to democracy in America, correct. You should be as well.

  13. #13
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 41,984
    Betpoints: 14983

    Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    One thing that I get a lot of enjoyment out of is the Right complaining and Big Companies and Corporation when they don't do or act exactly as they want them too. Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, Google and all the others they have problems with now.
    Its the policies they have pushed for and passed that greatly helped these companies to have the power and influence that they enjoy today.
    Huge tax breaks and incentives have helped them grow wealth for their founders and upper tier management that was once thought of as impossible to obtain.
    Cutting health and safety regulations and all sorts of protections for the average worker.
    Then all the public health regulation cuts with emission and reporting, rising the limits on reporting leaks and spills. And that's just a few I saw in my work career hundreds if not thousands of things to push for bigger companies and it worked!

    Ever election you hear deregulation and when ever they have a majority its coming, its one of the things Trump loved to brag about we took restrictions off so they could grow bigger and better

    We took the government out of Businesses they don't need us telling them what to do.

    until (hears the good part)

    They do what the Right dont like! They gave them the world and was happy to do it.

    Then one person broke the rules that, had been set because, they had the power too, and he was told he could not play here anymore and everything changed!!
    All of a sudden the right is for regulation and telling these companies what they can and cant do after telling them for years do what you want.

    Oh the irony

    Anyone that says Trump don't have free speech dont know what that means. I would bet he has been heard by more people more times in the last 6 years than anyone in the USA and most likely the World. He's Not in office anymore, or said he is running for anything and still has rally's and appears on tv regular. He has more free speech then anyone in the history of USA!!
    The right wing, the hypocrisy is the point.

  14. #14
    dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-31-05
    Posts: 37,003
    Betpoints: 1037

    Quote Originally Posted by slewfan View Post
    This is a bit too complicated for the simple leftist mind to grasp.
    writes the man who cannot add.

  15. #15
    dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-31-05
    Posts: 37,003
    Betpoints: 1037

    and can't differentiate economic systems from political systems.

    and so much more. like his brother mr dwight he presents BS and general comments but never any real detail. ask him to explain the crap he writes and he will disappear.

  16. #16
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 41,984
    Betpoints: 14983

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Tax breaks spur innovation.

    Income taxes were deemed unconstitutional until 1865, then again after up till 1915 or so.

    Taxation is theft, it's anti productive. Less tax = more research, innovation, production.

    Afterall, if a 100% tax worked, the USSR would rule the world and CUBA / Venezuela would be rich...

    Instead low tax States like TX, FL, TN continue to grow and Countries use tax rates to lure investments (see Ireland, Costa Rica, etc).

    It's not the GOP complaining about big business and tax breaks, it's tax breaks being used to influence consumer behavior...to pick winners & losers.

    IE halt drilling EO then offer $15k rebate on electric vehicles.

    That's bullshit.
    Taxation gives the money its worth. Quit with the libertarian BS and say I'm a greedy fuk that doesn't want to pay.


    Agree don't tax labor or production. Tax free rents & property. Payday loan clowns like you live off free rents. You should pay a 100% TAX, what you do is worthless.

    USSR was state run capitalism.

    Right wingers are in the minority when it comes to consumer behavior, corporations see things change and will change to sell their garbage. Its called marketing.

    Your view of the world leads to fascism or is fascism. That's BS.

  17. #17
    dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-31-05
    Posts: 37,003
    Betpoints: 1037

    and refuses to work. this is our patriotic right. tons of meaningless words, tons of BS, but no actual educated and thought out facts or for that matter even opinion. it is the same shit day after day after day. question them on their nonsense and they present two large handfuls of shit.

    I have for years questioned them and they fail every single time. these idiots support Trump but to save their life they cannot tell you why or what positive attributes that orange asshole possesses. i

  18. #18
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 41,984
    Betpoints: 14983

    Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Used to be they charged Corp. 90%. But they could use tax money to improve things. That was they would use the extra money instead of giving to govt to improve work space. But the Nixon’s decided that was the wrong way to go about it. This is when we started shitting the bed.
    Correct, and CEO's didn't make 300 times the avg worker. They also gave workers higher wages to get tax breaks. Almost like they said lets buy the government, get rid of the tax, screw the worker & keep the the money for ourselves.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

  19. #19
    dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-31-05
    Posts: 37,003
    Betpoints: 1037

    and Khicks is basically correct. the mostly one issue, fake R, and most of the time it is money.. they don't want to pay taxes or the least amount possible. a true patriot should/would be happy to pay taxes to support his country. in my entire life I have never not even once complained on paying taxes.

    a state, especially a democracy cannot be starved for funds. the irony is these same assholes want government assistance but don't want to pay for it. perfect example are the five or six idiots on this forum who DO NOT WORK. but, they are critical of the government that is taking care of them. figure that out.

  20. #20
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 41,984
    Betpoints: 14983

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Taxing business is just plain stupid. They need to pay something. China charges 12%m, the US 21%. Export zones in Mexico are 0%.

    If you read Jack's post carefully you see why Dems want to tax biz. They are envious of the owners.

    But businesses employ us. They are our future and our family's future. We the people need to make sure they are strong and have strong balance sheets. We need businesses a helluva a lot more than we need government.
    Then business will be the government and we will all shop at the company store, with our company money.

    That's not the future, that's the past. Its also call fascism.

  21. #21
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 41,984
    Betpoints: 14983

    Quote Originally Posted by slewfan View Post
    This is a bit too complicated for the simple leftist mind to grasp.

    See post #16.

  22. #22
    dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-31-05
    Posts: 37,003
    Betpoints: 1037

    and I will retreat to my favorite argument. the most conservative people live in the red states and those same red states fail in every single category concerning quality of life. you might think some of these idiots would say...you know that is a true fact maybe I have this thing half ass backwards.

    nope they are too fcking stupid to even realize they are taking it up the ass and replying with...please sir may I have some more. most can't find $1000 to save their life, live a life of quiet desperation and will die leaving almost nothing to almost everybody.

    the idiots.

  23. #23
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 41,984
    Betpoints: 14983

    Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    I had 2 main points in that

    1) when you help build the monster and then he don't do actually as you wish, you is to blame?

    2) No person or company can silence Mr trump he has more access to to speech than any other private citizen in the world and probably any public figure also!
    The simple lesson of Mary Shelley's novel Frankenstein.

    Maybe they didn't see the movie. LOL

  24. #24
    dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-31-05
    Posts: 37,003
    Betpoints: 1037

    my last comment. I have learned many many facts concerning human nature and how that differs between conservative brains and liberal brains. here are a few examples. btw, you can find actual published books concerning the difference between those two type of brains.

    first, I have seldom discovered a crazy, meaning a conservative, that will listen to reason and debate using facts. nope, as you have plainly witnessed on this very forum they lie, misrepresent and BS concerning almost every issue. especially when they are taking an intellectual beating. do you need me to provide examples. on the other hand I have seldom listened to a left leaning individual toss out shit and argue about it. like Jewish is a race. and that is only one.

    second, I find it very difficult to find a crazy who will ever vote for a D. but there are plenty of Ds who sometimes vote R. the proof of this fact is R are outnumbered but still win races. that means in most cases Ds voted for Rs. common sense and logic. oh and btw those same conservatives almost never shine in the common sense and logic deal. and education...well check out the red states.

  25. #25
    chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-02-10
    Posts: 36,481
    Betpoints: 5940

    Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    my last comment. I have learned many many facts concerning human nature and how that differs between conservative brains and liberal brains. here are a few examples. btw, you can find actual published books concerning the difference between those two type of brains.

    first, I have seldom discovered a crazy, meaning a conservative, that will listen to reason and debate using facts. nope, as you have plainly witnessed on this very forum they lie, misrepresent and BS concerning almost every issue. especially when they are taking an intellectual beating. do you need me to provide examples. on the other hand I have seldom listened to a left leaning individual toss out shit and argue about it. like Jewish is a race. and that is only one.

    second, I find it very difficult to find a crazy who will ever vote for a D. but there are plenty of Ds who sometimes vote R. the proof of this fact is R are outnumbered but still win races. that means in most cases Ds voted for Rs. common sense and logic. oh and btw those same conservatives almost never shine in the common sense and logic deal. and education...well check out the red states.
    I am conservative but willing to listen.

  26. #26
    BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-19-12
    Posts: 17,599
    Betpoints: 267

    Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    I am conservative but willing to listen.
    Common sense and morals in your DNA; you've been listening to someone. FundaMENTAList rule the RED. They have THEIR COURT to do THEIR BIDDING, only reason trump WAS THEIR MAGA guy. PHASE III, American Fascist Party trumps the Rule Of Law backed by The Supreme Court.

  27. #27
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 4,858
    Betpoints: 11979

    Quote Originally Posted by Greget View Post
    That's one of the weirdest and scariest parts. When a normal person's politician loses, it basically ends there, who cares... But not trumptards, the obedience and loyalty they display to Trump is more akin to cult members than normal people supporting their politician. Let's see if these fuggers try to overthrow democracy again, I hope they try.
    I support Trump because America was the best its ever been when he was President. He did what he promised to do and he's not a Politician. You support Joe Biden and an America that has never been as bad as it is now. To me that is weird and scary.

  28. #28
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    Then business will be the government and we will all shop at the company store, with our company money.

    That's not the future, that's the past. Its also call fascism.
    It's a better model than everything government owned as you and fellow Marxists would prefer.

    I agree that the lazy will bring the country down over time. You will partially see your dream come true of an unearned equality welfare state.

    However, pockets of Americanism will always be around. The American Dream is too powerful and the American model is far superior than any unearned Marxist model.

  29. #29
    rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-05-09
    Posts: 37,917
    Betpoints: 9798

    Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    I support Trump because America was the best its ever been when he was President. He did what he promised to do and he's not a Politician. You support Joe Biden and an America that has never been as bad as it is now. To me that is weird and scary.

  30. #30
    jackpot269
    You are blind to the truth
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-24-07
    Posts: 9,300
    Betpoints: 6102

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    I believe it is a fact Trump was silenced by twitter and facebook.

    Can you name anyone on the left that was silenced? How about the Ayatollah, #1 state terrorist in the world? Maybe Farrakhan? Kim Jun?

    The left is scared. Not in the name democracy or humanity but in the name of losing their grip on power.
    So you and the Ayatollah are friends on Facebook? and you follow him on twitter?

    They cant!! I hear him more than any Politian! State local or national! They spending millions on adds right now and he gets more air time than any of them

  31. #31
    jackpot269
    You are blind to the truth
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-24-07
    Posts: 9,300
    Betpoints: 6102

    Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    I support Trump because America was the best its ever been when he was President. He did what he promised to do and he's not a Politician. You support Joe Biden and an America that has never been as bad as it is now. To me that is weird and scary.
    I always want the USA the be great no matter who the POTUS is! I didn't vote for Joe or Trump!
    Trump took over a good economy

    In what ways do you think America was better than it had ever been!!

  32. #32
    jackpot269
    You are blind to the truth
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-24-07
    Posts: 9,300
    Betpoints: 6102

    The hypocrisy of the Republics when it comes to businesses is predicable

    They all about no regulation and keep the government out of business UNTIL Their cry baby leader
    is told he cant come over to twitter and play anymore!!

    They want it both ways when it suits them!!

    but they let the Ayatollah!! I would not know about either cause I don't post their or tweet or what ever its called

  33. #33
    MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-18-10
    Posts: 14,760
    Betpoints: 1658

    Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    and Khicks is basically correct. the mostly one issue, fake R, and most of the time it is money.. they don't want to pay taxes or the least amount possible. a true patriot should/would be happy to pay taxes to support his country. in my entire life I have never not even once complained on paying taxes.

    a state, especially a democracy cannot be starved for funds. the irony is these same assholes want government assistance but don't want to pay for it. perfect example are the five or six idiots on this forum who DO NOT WORK. but, they are critical of the government that is taking care of them. figure that out.
    The Federal Government has no business collecting Income tax from anyone living outside of DC or any Business that doesn't operate across State lines or international borders.

    I'm sorry, but your understanding of the construction of the Union is really a by product of an over simplified K 12 education written in support of the post reconstruction - FDR era of centralized government. It's obsolete. The Country is shifting away from Centralized DC planning and moving more and more towards localized taxation and business policies.

    I would not be surprised to see the individual income tax recinded in the next generation, followed by a flat C Corp tax applied only to Companies doing international sales and cross state lines sales.

    With technology what it is today, there is no need for any Federal program outside of the Military. 70% of our budget goes to Social Services that the States can provide much more efficiently.

    The post office, Medicare/ Medicade, Dept of Agriculture, Dept Education, HHS, etc all run with bloated overhead and overlap similar industries/ programs run both privately and within the 50 States.

    Business recognizes this and is moving in that direction....the deregulation efforts and lower tax class efforts of the past boosted an economy that was otherwise stagnet. Making policy, as the liberals do, for blacks and poor people, doesn't create any wealth or rise the "tide" of US interests; making policy for the wealthy encourages investment, spending, innovation, and the ulitimate goal of all that- profit.

    The problem we have in this Country is that we've made it comfortable to be poor in America. Poor in America is not the same as being poor in Nicaraugua. Being poor in NYC is not the same as being poor in Birmingham. Poor in America is a choice, and as such, it is not the responsiblity of others who plan years or generations ahead to give their next of kin the best education and worldly opportunities, to pay for the mistakes of the poor or their forefathers.

  34. #34
    chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-02-10
    Posts: 36,481
    Betpoints: 5940

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The Federal Government has no business collecting Income tax from anyone living outside of DC or any Business that doesn't operate across State lines or international borders.

    I'm sorry, but your understanding of the construction of the Union is really a by product of an over simplified K 12 education written in support of the post reconstruction - FDR era of centralized government. It's obsolete. The Country is shifting away from Centralized DC planning and moving more and more towards localized taxation and business policies.

    I would not be surprised to see the individual income tax recinded in the next generation, followed by a flat C Corp tax applied only to Companies doing international sales and cross state lines sales.

    With technology what it is today, there is no need for any Federal program outside of the Military. 70% of our budget goes to Social Services that the States can provide much more efficiently.

    The post office, Medicare/ Medicade, Dept of Agriculture, Dept Education, HHS, etc all run with bloated overhead and overlap similar industries/ programs run both privately and within the 50 States.

    Business recognizes this and is moving in that direction....the deregulation efforts and lower tax class efforts of the past boosted an economy that was otherwise stagnet. Making policy, as the liberals do, for blacks and poor people, doesn't create any wealth or rise the "tide" of US interests; making policy for the wealthy encourages investment, spending, innovation, and the ulitimate goal of all that- profit.

    The problem we have in this Country is that we've made it comfortable to be poor in America. Poor in America is not the same as being poor in Nicaraugua. Being poor in NYC is not the same as being poor in Birmingham. Poor in America is a choice, and as such, it is not the responsiblity of others who plan years or generations ahead to give their next of kin the best education and worldly opportunities, to pay for the mistakes of the poor or their forefathers.
    Hey dipshit. Wait til you get the next president. The heritage fund should be doing well while your taxes is going up.

  35. #35
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    The hypocrisy of the Republics when it comes to businesses is predicable

    They all about no regulation and keep the government out of business UNTIL Their cry baby leader
    is told he cant come over to twitter and play anymore!!

    They want it both ways when it suits them!!

    but they let the Ayatollah!! I would not know about either cause I don't post their or tweet or what ever its called

    It's actually called the First Amendment.

    A concept the left once championed but your leaders have told you they are better off with "controlled" speech.

    I'm fine with big tech being woke. But they shouldn't have DMCA protection which is meant for platforms offering "free" speech.

    SBR has DMCA because they allow free speech and moderate it fairly. Hence, you can't sue SBR over what's posted.

12 Last
Top