guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5615

Question for all political posters

Would you support a law that

1) Eliminated the corporate tax
    2) Banned stock dividends
    3) Banned stock buybacks unless the company gave a price where they will sell for profit, and the SEC can reject a buyback if they think the selling price is too far above the buy price
    4) Required all pay increases or bonuses going to the board of directors to be matched by an equal pay hike or bonus to all employees and/or across the board price cuts to customers?

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10511

libertarianism is a joke.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12755

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    Would you support a law that

1) Eliminated the corporate tax
    3) Banned stock buybacks unless the company gave a price where they will sell for profit, and the SEC can reject a buyback if they think the selling price is too far above the buy price
    4) Required all pay increases or bonuses going to the board of directors to be matched by an equal pay hike or bonus to all employees and/or across the board price cuts to customers?
    I kind of see where you're going with this. Good thought and yes except point 4 is a bit odd.

I think you meant to say executive management instead of board?

In any case, functionally speaking, you could not have a zero corp tax and a 40% individual tax. Every citizen in the higher brackets would incorporate or become an LLC for tax purposes.

But like Russia and China you could easily have a 15% rate.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/26/2021

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/19/2021

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5906

Had we adopted Ross Perot’s simple ‘Flat Tax’ he wanted to do in 1996, America would be so great right now it would be ridiculous…..

Too bad the media of the day painted him as a ‘kook’ and voted in a sax~playing rapist who would later be impeached…..

''a democracy can only exist until voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.''

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6368

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    Had we adopted Ross Perot’s simple ‘Flat Tax’ he wanted to do in 1996, America would be so great right now it would be ridiculous…..

Too bad the media of the day painted him as a ‘kook’ and voted in a sax~playing rapist who would later be impeached…..

''a democracy can only exist until voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.''

khicks26

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    I kind of see where you're going with this. Good thought and yes except point 4 is a bit odd.

I think you meant to say executive management instead of board?

In any case, functionally speaking, you could not have a zero corp tax and a 40% individual tax. Every citizen in the higher brackets would incorporate or become an LLC for tax purposes.

But like Russia and China you could easily have a 15% rate.
    The effective US rate is about 12% now.

khicks26

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post

Flat Tax is a regressive tax.

DwightShrute

taxes forms should be the size of a postcard. You make X amount x % and that's it.

Implement a goods and services tax on everything. Like 5%. Buy a bag of chips, condoms or a car. Everyone pays. Even those working illegally and under the table. No one can avoid it.

Its not complicated but its made complicated. Abolish the tax department. 99% is just made up work, serving no real purpose. Kinda like vitterd.
    Points Awarded:

MaltedHopsFrenzy gave DwightShrute 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    The effective US rate is about 12% now.
    And? Russia has a 15% rate and the effective rate is probably 7%. Which we should match.

Remember, businesses do not pay taxes, people do. They are simply passed on to you, the consumer. And if they are too high then a foreign competitor will steal the business, the jobs and most important to you your beloved taxes.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

DwightShrute

khicks26

And? Russia has a 15% rate and the effective rate is probably 7%. Which we should match.

Remember, businesses do not pay taxes, people do. They are simply passed on to you, the consumer. And if they are too high then a foreign competitor will steal the business, the jobs and most important to you your beloved taxes.
    So now you know Russian Tax laws? LOL

Supply & demand sets the price, not the tax rate.

khicks26

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Prager U LOL

khicks26

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    taxes forms should be the size of a postcard. You make X amount x % and that's it.

Implement a goods and services tax on everything. Like 5%. Buy a bag of chips, condoms or a car. Everyone pays. Even those working illegally and under the table. No one can avoid it.

Its not complicated but its made complicated. Abolish the tax department. 99% is just made up work, serving no real purpose. Kinda like vitterd.
    Thank You Sean Hannity. LOL

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11491

Trump's proposed tax reforms were a good starting point imo.

Would you support a law that1) Eliminated the corporate tax
    Deficit, social security, welfare, food stamps and other outstanding liabilities would need to be restructured or accounted for before corporate taxes could be eliminated.

No.

Why would you.

No. Corporations need to buyback stock to protect themselves from the negative influence of majority stockholders in the form of investment banks and other special interests.

The SEC has too much power and has shown themselves to be unreliable and agenda serving.
    I think the answer here is for the average worker to be less dependant upon workplace income.

To give themselves better bargaining power and leverage in salary negotiation.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3894

All I know is pay your taxes and the one who has the most toys before dying, wins.

RoyBacon

So now you know Russian Tax laws? LOL

Supply & demand sets the price, not the tax rate.
    You don't think costs determines price??? BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I know you struggle with this and it's not that complicated. Example;

Hicks Widgets

Labor : $1
    Material :$1
    Taxes $1

So you think if demand is low you will sell your widget for $2???? Maybe $1???? LOL

Your widget will have to sell for at least $4 or you will soon be bankrupt.

Your high taxes opens the door to Russians, Chinese and others who pay only a fraction of your taxes.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

khicks26

You don't think costs determines price??? BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I know you struggle with this and it's not that complicated. Example;

Hicks Widgets

Taxes $1

So you think if demand is low you will sell your widget for $2???? Maybe $1???? LOL

Your widget will have to sell for at least $4 or you will soon be bankrupt.

Your high taxes opens the door to Russians, Chinese and others who pay only a fraction of your taxes.
    So you don't know Russia Tax Laws? LOL

RoyBacon

So you don't know Russia Tax Laws? LOL
    Is it diversion time already? Is that example too tough?? I did my best to dumb it down.

Hicks Widgets

Taxes $1

Russians use a version of IFRS which is similar to GAAP. There is very little difference in the bottom-line effective rate. What would you like to know between the two systems or are you pulling a Dante and out for a run?
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

khicks26

Is it diversion time already? Is that example too tough?? I did my best to dumb it down.

Hicks Widgets

Taxes $1

Russians use a version of IFRS which is similar to GAAP. There is very little difference in the bottom-line effective rate. What would you like to know between the two systems or are you pulling a Dante and out for a run?
    Something tells me your talking out your ass. LOL

I understand what your saying, it just doesn't mean much to the conversation.

Supply & demand sets the price, not tax rates. The tax's are on profits, not the cost to make the product.

I also know your full of crap because the Russian corporate tax rate is 20%. You don't want to live or work in Russia. Companies go to China for the cheap labor, not the tax rate.

Now do you see how sarcastic you Hicks Widgets reply is? I saw it right away. LOL

khicks26

RoyBacon

Something tells me your talking out your ass. LOL

I understand what your saying, it just doesn't mean much to the conversation.

Supply & demand sets the price, not tax rates. The tax's are on profits, not the cost to make the product.

I also know your full of crap because the Russian corporate tax rate is 20%. You don't want to live or work in Russia. Companies go to China for the cheap labor, not the tax rate.

Now do you see how sarcastic you Hicks Widgets reply is? I saw it right away. LOL
    Dude, EVERYTHING comes out of profits! You buy materials, pay for labor and yes, pay your taxes.

Taxes are a cost like every single other cost. No different.

I'm full of crap because I was off 5% on the Russian corp tax rate?? Dammm you hold the bar up pretty high! At least I know what an expense is. LOL

Yes they go to China for cheap labor. So why do they go Ireland Mr Einstein? Why did the largest US company in history domicile in Ireland? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't for cheap labor.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

khicks26

Dude, EVERYTHING comes out of profits! You buy materials, pay for labor and yes, pay your taxes.

I'm full of crap because I was off 5% on the Russian corp tax rate?? Dammm you hold the bar up pretty high! At least I know what an expense is. LOL

Yes they go to China for cheap labor. So why do they go Ireland Mr Einstein? Why did the largest US company in history domicile in Ireland? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't for cheap labor.
    Yes & corporate profits were at record highs before the tax cuts. Cost of production is not a profit & doesn't apply to the corporate tax rate. What happened to you have to spend money to make money?

Yes because you were making shit up. LOL When all you had to do was look it up & not look the fool. Sad you can't even clear my bar. LOL

Ireland is just a BS office to dodge tax's. There's no real production there. But thanks for another meaningless hint. LOL

khicks26

Roy & his friends hard at work. LOL

RoyBacon

Why did I know you would weave and avoid the conversation??? LOL

The pic is funny btw. When I was near the bottom 1% I always wanted to be in the top 1%. Who would ever of thunk that my working hard would be associated with banging the Statue of Liberty???
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

khicks26

Why did I know you would weave and avoid the conversation??? LOL

The pic is funny btw. When I was near the bottom 1% I always wanted to be in the top 1%. Who would ever of thunk that my working hard would be associated with banging the Statue of Liberty???
    In case you didn't know, my last three post say the same thing about you. LOL

RoyBacon

In case you didn't know, my last three post say the same thing about you. LOL
    Yes they are all weaves. Your propaganda background does not prepare you for such conversation.

Very predictable btw.

Dang a vacation pic!!! How did that get here?
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

khicks26

Yes they are all weaves. Your propaganda background does not prepare you for such conversation.

Very predictable btw.

Dang a vacation pic!!! How did that get here?
    Your all weaves Roy.

Hope you had fun, but I really don't care.

RoyBacon

Your all weaves Roy.

Hope you had fun, but I really don't care.

I have a book suggestion for you. No, I wouldn't think of offering you a non propaganda view point. I know something you would enjoy.

Time Machine by HG Wells

You and Wells would get along great. He was a closet Marxist and that bleeds through in the Time Machine. A great author and a book you will enjoy.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

khicks26

I have a book suggestion for you. No, I wouldn't think of offering you a non propaganda view point. I know something you would enjoy.

Time Machine by HG Wells

You and Wells would get along great. He was a closet Marxist and that bleeds through in the Time Machine. A great author and a book you will enjoy.
    Seen the movie & I'm not a Marist.

A song for you.

khicks26