Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

Whole Foods Slashes Worker Hours Four Months After $15 Minimum Wage Increase

Just four months after Amazon enacted a $15 minimum wage for all its employees on November 1, subsidiary Whole Foods is slashing worker hours, according to The Guardian.
    Whole Foods employees told The Guardian that the hourly raises are often negated by the reduced schedule.
    "My hours went from 30 to 20 a week," said one Illinois Whole Foods employee, who spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation. "We just have to work faster to meet the same goals in less time."
    The Illinois-based worker explained that once the $15 minimum wage was enacted, part-time employee hours at their store were cut from an average of 30 to 21 hours a week, and full-time employees saw average hours reduced from 37.5 hours to 34.5 hours. The worker provided schedules from 1 November to the end of January 2019, showing hours for workers in their department significantly decreased as the department’s percentage of the entire store labor budget stayed relatively the same. -The Guardian
    The shift cuts are "the direct result of guidance from our regional team," according to an internal email shared by one employee.
    A Maryland Whole Foods worker added that their regional management team has forced stores to reduce full-time employee schedules by 4 hours, to 36 hours per week. "This hours cut makes that raise pointless as people are losing more than they gained and we rely on working full shifts," said the employee.

An Oregon employee added "At my store all full-time team members are 36 to 38 hours per week now. So what workers do if they want a full 40 hours is take a little bit of their paid time off each week to fill their hours to 40. Doing the same thing myself."
    The cuts have also resulted in staffing shortfalls, according to some employees. "Things that have made it more noticeable are the long lines, the need to call for cashier and bagging assistance, and customers not being able to find help in certain departments because not enough are scheduled, and we are a big store," said one California Whole Foods employee.
    "Just about every person on our team has complained about their hours being cut. Some have had to look for other jobs as they can’t make ends meet," they added.
    "There are many team members working at Whole Foods today whose total compensation is actually less than what it was before the wage increase due to these labor reductions," said a spokesperson from Whole Foods employee advocacy group, Whole Worker. The group formed following the Amazon acquisition with the goal of forming a union and providing workers with the means to organize. Shortly after the formation of Whole Worker, Whole Foods began training management to resist union organization with a series of training videos.
    In a statement to Fast Company, Whole Foods denied the workers' claims, saying: "Our full-time store Team Members averaged the same number of hours in January and February 2019 as they did during the same time last year. We are proud to have increased the hourly wage for all store Team Members, and we will continue to schedule labor hours based on individual store needs to create the best experience for our Team Members and customers." The company did not address the effect on part-time workers.
    Also noted is that several parts of the country have passed legislation protecting workers from the type of shift slashing contained in the Guardian report.
    This move could cast a shadow on broader minimum wage initiatives, becoming another data point for the argument that raising the minimum wage will actually lower worker pay. But that’s a choice on the company’s part, and one anticipated by the cities that have passed minimum wage increases. Several jurisdictions that have enacted a $15 minimum wage, including Seattle and San Francisco, have passed “fair workweek” legislation that protects hourly employees against the kind of shift slashing that’s happening at Whole Foods. And a study last year on the minimum wage in Seattle found that it has improved take-home pay for most hourly workers. -Fast Company
    In February of last year, we reported that miserable Whole Foods employees reported being in constant fear of losing their jobs as the company rolled out "Order-To-Shelf" (OTS) scorecards which contianed "a strict set of procedures for purchasing, displaying, and storing products on store shelves and in back rooms. To make sure stores comply, Whole Foods relies on "scorecards" that evaluate everything from the accuracy of signage to the proper recording of theft, or "shrink."
    "I wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares about maps and inventory, and when regional leadership is going to come in and see one thing wrong, and fail the team," a supervisor at a West Coast Whole Foods told Business Insider. "The stress has created such a tense working environment. Seeing someone cry at work is becoming normal."
    News of Whole Foods slashing hours comes as grocery giant Kroger missed earnings and slashed their outlook, sending shares plummeting over 13% on Thursday

I'm sorry my Jewish friends, but this requires:

Side note: I love Whole Foods - that's the only store I go to when I'm US...all organic!

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14983

LMAO, you just have to throw that turd in the punch bowl don't you?

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8314

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Just four months after Amazon enacted a $15 minimum wage for all its employees on November 1, subsidiary Whole Foods is slashing worker hours, according to The Guardian.
    Whole Foods employees told The Guardian that the hourly raises are often negated by the reduced schedule.
    "My hours went from 30 to 20 a week," said one Illinois Whole Foods employee, who spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation. "We just have to work faster to meet the same goals in less time."
    What a shock. LOL

Unearned equality doesn't work

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    LMAO, you just have to throw that turd in the punch bowl don't you?
    Sorry Bro!

khicks26

Sorry Bro!

No Problem Man. But I think I'm going to sit back & watch this one. Should be fun.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

No Problem Man. But I think I'm going to sit back & watch this one. Should be fun.
    Should be fun for sure

Do you have Whole Foods in your neck of the woods?

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1037

and he is also a Jew hater, a religious bigot. What a shock, a Russian lover Jewish bigot.

at one time you only thought he was a handjob right, well now you know.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    and he is also a Russian lover

Oh what a nice thing for you to say about ME, Dante!

Also did you know, that I speak 8 foreign languages? NO? Why don't you check your post history, MORON?

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

if I get this guy angry enough he will compose with a new type of English. Oh yeah, I forgot that part he has an argument with the English language whenever I or anybody manage to get on his nerves. Yeah, soon he will be writing about sexual acts with mothers and beating people up--because he is a true intellect.

when and if he runs out of words, he resorts to threats, vulgarity against his opponents family and all other types of nonsense. Maybe, you wonder why the Russians have a problem with stable governments. Hundreds of years under the spell of Czars, a failed 100 years or so of Communism and now the new Russia. Maybe, people like this idiot are the problem. I really don't know.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

he is thinking give him time, he needs time to make sure he doesn't fck up the language. but, he will anyway.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

^ Only two paragraphs of NOTHING

Gents wait for this HOE's meds to kick in

She'll serenade here like no tomorrow

She will even reply to herself and get angry at herself

#WeakLyingDante

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

he is thinking give him time, he needs time to make sure he doesn't fck up the language. but, he will anyway.
    English please
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket, and DwightShrute

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

^ Only two paragraphs of NOTHING

Gents wait for this HOE's meds to kick in

She'll serenade here like no tomorrow

She will even reply to herself and get angry at herself

#WeakLyingDante

he doesn't double space he quadruples spaces or more. It gives the impression of the quality/quantity of reply, at least this idiot believes that.

hey, idiot, I don't need to compose a ton about you, first you won't understand it, second, 95% of this forum know you are an American who hates America, an idiot that more than likely didn't finish HS, a bigot and an asshole. Now tell me, my Russian friend, why would a man of my intellect spend more than a few seconds of mental energy on a mental midget? Answer that question for me.

this man is no competition my friends, I will communicate with the true progressives and a few on the right. Maybe, josh, minn, SC, IP and a few others. Spending more than a few minutes with an idiot like this man who thinks he has magical piss--well that says it all.

RR, you may have the rest of the replies you are very boring today. just read the shit he replies with, it doesn't reach a 7th-grade level.

go ahead my friend you may have the rest of replies in this thread for today.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

he doesn't double space he quadruples spaces or more. It gives the impression of the quality/quantity of reply, at least this idiot believes that.

hey, idiot, I don't need to compose a ton about you, first you won't understand it, second, 95% of this forum know you are an American who hates America, an idiot that more than likely didn't finish HS, a bigot and an asshole. Now tell me, my Russian friend, why would a man of my intellect spend more than a few seconds of mental energy on a mental midget? Answer that question for me.

this man is no competition my friends, I will communicate with the true progressives and a few on the right. Maybe, josh, minn, SC, IP and a few others. Spending more than a few minutes with an idiot like this man who thinks he has magical piss--well that says it all.

RR, you may have the rest of the replies you are very boring today. just read the shit he replies with, it doesn't reach a 7th-grade level.

English please
    Points Awarded:

Russian Rocket gave maggiethebestdog 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute gave maggiethebestdog 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

^Boom and just like that- the 5 paragraph reply juat got delivered

Now watch (below) for this BITCH to get angry

DABOOK
    At The Spectrum
    DABOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18413

The Illinois-based worker explained that once the $15 minimum wage was enacted, part-time employee hours at their store were cut from an average of 30 to 21 hours a week, and full-time employees saw average hours reduced from 37.5 hours to 34.5 hours. The worker provided schedules from 1 November to the end of January 2019, showing hours for workers in their department significantly decreased as the department’s percentage of the entire store labor budget stayed relatively the same. -The Guardian
    The shift cuts are "the direct result of guidance from our regional team," according to an internal email shared by one employee.
    A Maryland Whole Foods worker added that their regional management team has forced stores to reduce full-time employee schedules by 4 hours, to 36 hours per week. "This hours cut makes that raise pointless as people are losing more than they gained and we rely on working full shifts," said the employee.

An Oregon employee added "At my store all full-time team members are 36 to 38 hours per week now. So what workers do if they want a full 40 hours is take a little bit of their paid time off each week to fill their hours to 40. Doing the same thing myself."
    The cuts have also resulted in staffing shortfalls, according to some employees. "Things that have made it more noticeable are the long lines, the need to call for cashier and bagging assistance, and customers not being able to find help in certain departments because not enough are scheduled, and we are a big store," said one California Whole Foods employee.
    "Just about every person on our team has complained about their hours being cut. Some have had to look for other jobs as they can’t make ends meet," they added.
    "There are many team members working at Whole Foods today whose total compensation is actually less than what it was before the wage increase due to these labor reductions," said a spokesperson from Whole Foods employee advocacy group, Whole Worker. The group formed following the Amazon acquisition with the goal of forming a union and providing workers with the means to organize. Shortly after the formation of Whole Worker, Whole Foods began training management to resist union organization with a series of training videos.
    In a statement to Fast Company, Whole Foods denied the workers' claims, saying: "Our full-time store Team Members averaged the same number of hours in January and February 2019 as they did during the same time last year. We are proud to have increased the hourly wage for all store Team Members, and we will continue to schedule labor hours based on individual store needs to create the best experience for our Team Members and customers." The company did not address the effect on part-time workers.
    Also noted is that several parts of the country have passed legislation protecting workers from the type of shift slashing contained in the Guardian report.
    This move could cast a shadow on broader minimum wage initiatives, becoming another data point for the argument that raising the minimum wage will actually lower worker pay. But that’s a choice on the company’s part, and one anticipated by the cities that have passed minimum wage increases. Several jurisdictions that have enacted a $15 minimum wage, including Seattle and San Francisco, have passed “fair workweek” legislation that protects hourly employees against the kind of shift slashing that’s happening at Whole Foods. And a study last year on the minimum wage in Seattle found that it has improved take-home pay for most hourly workers. -Fast Company
    In February of last year, we reported that miserable Whole Foods employees reported being in constant fear of losing their jobs as the company rolled out "Order-To-Shelf" (OTS) scorecards which contianed "a strict set of procedures for purchasing, displaying, and storing products on store shelves and in back rooms. To make sure stores comply, Whole Foods relies on "scorecards" that evaluate everything from the accuracy of signage to the proper recording of theft, or "shrink."
    "I wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares about maps and inventory, and when regional leadership is going to come in and see one thing wrong, and fail the team," a supervisor at a West Coast Whole Foods told Business Insider. "The stress has created such a tense working environment. Seeing someone cry at work is becoming normal."
    News of Whole Foods slashing hours comes as grocery giant Kroger missed earnings and slashed their outlook, sending shares plummeting over 13% on Thursday

I'm sorry my Jewish friends, but this requires:

Side note: I love Whole Foods - that's the only store I go to when I'm US...all organic!
    I own one small business
    I manage another small business
    I am a part time consultant for another small business.
    All 3 of these businesses decide hours and workforce on need.
    Anyone in management knows you lose money to pay people to stand around.
    Hours are not cut based on wages. They are cut on need.
    After the Holiday season every food service business cuts hours.
    Go ahead. Dont let the facts get in the way of your BS.

khicks26

Should be fun for sure

Do you have Whole Foods in your neck of the woods?
    Yea we have Whole Foods. But I don't shop there.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by DABOOK View Post
    I own one small business
    I manage another small business
    I am a part time consultant for another small business.
    All 3 of these businesses decide hours and workforce on need.
    Anyone in management knows you lose money to pay people to stand around.
    Hours are not cut based on wages. They are cut on need.
    After the Holiday season every food service business cuts hours.
    Go ahead. Dont let the facts get in the way of your BS.
    Don't kill the messenger, man

I'm only reporting the news

I'm glad that your business is doing alright

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Yea we have Whole Foods. But I don't shop there.
    Too overpriced or what's the story?

That's my one and only store to go to.

DABOOK
    At The Spectrum
    DABOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18413

Don't kill the messenger, man

I'm only reporting the news

I'm glad that your business is doing alright
    I thought you were showing a connection between cutting hours and wages. In my vast experience there is no connection. GL.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

I thought you were showing a connection between cutting hours and wages. In my vast experience there is no connection. GL.
    The connection is there, that we can probably argue for days here

but it wasn't my intention in this post

best of luck to you, Booker

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6426

a reason you would do this is to make it more frustrating to shop in the store. perhaps create longer lines and such. people that shop at whole foods arent going to go to walmart or kroger to shop. they will start ordering online. guess who like that model. amazon that's who.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Why are people surprised...Company A buys Company B. The first thing that Company A does is reduce the work force, ALWAYS.....The 15.00 hourly rate has nothing to do with it.

In 2015-2016 either Apollo Lt. or Krogers bought the Fresh Market chain...First thing they did was close 15+ of the Fresh Market stores.....Not over paying employees to much, thats just what the fuk happens when Company A buys Company B...

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    Why are people surprised...Company A buys Company B. The first thing that Company A does is reduce the work force, ALWAYS.....The 15.00 hourly rate has nothing to do with it.

In 2015-2016 either Apollo Lt. or Krogers bought the Fresh Market chain...First thing they did was close 15+ of the Fresh Market stores.....Not over paying employees to much, thats just what the fuk happens when Company A buys Company B...
    You close stores that are not profitable Einstein. If you pay $8 and you are forced to pay $15 you are going to make a break even store into a loser.

Do you find it hilarious that socialists countries mostly have no min wage?? The US tard socialists always get it wrong.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    You close stores that are not profitable Einstein. If you pay $8 and you are forced to pay $15 you are going to make a break even store into a loser.

Do you find it hilarious that socialists countries mostly have no min wage?? The US tard socialists always get it wrong.
    Listen you stupid fuk. in 2015 the 15.00 an hour wage wasn't an issue as The Fresh Market wasn't paying that...Overall the stores were underperforming, not because of any wage problems.....Using word salad Chump is your biggest problem..Makes you look like an azz-hole like your president..

RoyBacon

Listen you stupid fuk. in 2015 the 15.00 an hour wage wasn't an issue as The Fresh Market wasn't paying that...Overall the stores were underperforming, not because of any wage problems.....Using word salad Chump is your biggest problem..Makes you look like an azz-hole like your president..
    You find it hilarious that socialist countries have no min wage too? I'm with ya, let's get rid of the min wage. Let's the market set the wage and let's get the market up! More growth more wages. Your almost a republican hockeygal.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9798

You buying his bullshit? He pretty much said w/o saying, fuk you people for accepting $15 an hour and laughing in your face.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9798

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    You find it hilarious that socialist countries have no min wage too? I'm with ya, let's get rid of the min wage. Let's the market set the wage and let's get the market up! More growth more wages. Your almost a republican hockeygal.
    No, the industry standard (corporate) sets wages not the market. You could brown nose your ass off and would have to quit because your employer won't pay you more based on productivity (or dick sucking), but on the industry standard.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4146

^Boom and just like that- the 5 paragraph reply juat got delivered

Now watch (below) for this BITCH to get angry
    she's fuming as we speak. Probably on the 8th paragraph of the brilliant rebuttal.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1524

Is Dante deranged or it is just me?

khicks26

Too overpriced or what's the story?

That's my one and only store to go to.
    No its just not that close to my house & I never really go there. Mostly Kroger & Trader Joes. Plus my soon to be son-in-law works at Trader Joes.

khicks26

Right on brother. That is the Amazon corporate raider MO. Gobble it all up & be a monopoly.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

No its just not that close to my house & I never really go there. Mostly Kroger & Trader Joes. Plus my soon to be son-in-law works at Trader Joes.
    Gotcha...Trader Joes is not bad either

What state do you live in?

khicks26

Gotcha...Trader Joes is not bad either

What state do you live in?
    I'm in Michigan, Detroit Metro Area,

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

I'm in Michigan, Detroit Metro Area,
    Not gonna pretend that I know something about that area- because I don't)

But I'm sure you picked that area for a reason.

12 Last