1. #36
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Not gonna pretend that I know something about that area- because I don't)


    But I'm sure you picked that area for a reason.
    HA, I don't think anyone picks the Metro Detroit Area. Born & raised here.

    We get all four seasons, more cloudy days than sunny days, & temps can rage from -10 to 100 degrees. Not bitching about it. I like living here, its home.

  2. #37
    antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-11-09
    Posts: 3,993
    Betpoints: 6426

    i am with roy. we should get rid of all worker protections. it will be like the 1920s when you didn't know if you were eating human in you canned products. it would be like a kinder egg.

  3. #38
    Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-12
    Posts: 44,560
    Betpoints: 530

    Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    HA, I don't think anyone picks the Metro Detroit Area. Born & raised here.

    We get all four seasons, more cloudy days than sunny days, & temps can rage from -10 to 100 degrees. Not bitching about it. I like living here, its home.
    very nice


    we get all 4 seasons in St. Petes too

    it gets a bit too windy here at times

  4. #39
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    i am with roy. we should get rid of all worker protections. it will be like the 1920s when you didn't know if you were eating human in you canned products. it would be like a kinder egg.
    LOL Your a funny guy.


    Coke-Cola also had real cocaine in it.

  5. #40
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    very nice


    we get all 4 seasons in St. Petes too

    it gets a bit too windy here at times
    Yea it can get pretty windy here also. Sometimes knock a tree down windy. Had to cut up tree limbs a few times.

    I like the 4 seasons, fall is the best time of year.

  6. #41
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Hey hicks you were the one that said we should be socialists like the Norwegian countries. I'm just agreeing with you. Let's get rid of the min wage like the socialists!

  7. #42
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Hey hicks you were the one that said we should be socialists like the Norwegian countries. I'm just agreeing with you. Let's get rid of the min wage like the socialists!
    Yea, what's the lowest starting wage there? There also not socialist.


    Did you move your money to bonds yet?


    Hey Roy, what's the fascist min wage?

  8. #43
    bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-01-12
    Posts: 4,687
    Betpoints: 7772

    Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    HA, I don't think anyone picks the Metro Detroit Area. Born & raised here.

    We get all four seasons, more cloudy days than sunny days, & temps can rage from -10 to 100 degrees. Not bitching about it. I like living here, its home.
    Khicks you shop at Meijer? They need to give you a map the first time you shop in one.

  9. #44
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    Yea, what's the lowest starting wage there? There also not socialist.


    Did you move your money to bonds yet?


    Hey Roy, what's the fascist min wage?
    I'm in the stock thread everyday with trades and I've explained my bonds/stocks ratios there. If you need some advice stop on by.

    We defeated the fascists with our great military in WWII. I do not know what it was in Germany pre '43.

  10. #45
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Khicks you shop at Meijer? They need to give you a map the first time you shop in one.
    Yeah I will go there every now & then. Place is massive. Problem is I always come home with too much shit because they have fuking everything.

  11. #46
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    I'm in the stock thread everyday with trades and I've explained my bonds/stocks ratios there. If you need some advice stop on by.

    We defeated the fascists with our great military in WWII. I do not know what it was in Germany pre '43.
    Yea what's your ratio?

    Oh I heard it was making a comeback, you know since we made our president a businessman.

  12. #47
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    Yea what's your ratio?

    Oh I heard it was making a comeback, you know since we made our president a businessman.
    My current ratio is 70% bonds in the 2yr to 5yr range and 30% stocks. It's a defensive stance. I'm of the opinion we could overheat which will be a good thing for the average Joe. But a little sluggish on stocks and bonds.

  13. #48
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    My current ratio is 70% bonds in the 2yr to 5yr range and 30% stocks. It's a defensive stance. I'm of the opinion we could overheat which will be a good thing for the average Joe. But a little sluggish on stocks and bonds.
    Really? That's not showing much confidence in this great Trump economy.

  14. #49
    bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-01-12
    Posts: 4,687
    Betpoints: 7772

    Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    Yeah I will go there every now & then. Place is massive. Problem is I always come home with too much shit because they have fuking everything.
    The first time I went to one I think I spent about half an hour in the beer aisle while my girl shopped and got the stuff we actually needed.

  15. #50
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    The first time I went to one I think I spent about half an hour in the beer aisle while my girl shopped and got the stuff we actually needed.
    LOL, I know I have the same problem. Shit falling out of the cart on the way to check out. We will go there when we really need to stock up on shit.

  16. #51
    Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-12
    Posts: 44,560
    Betpoints: 530

    Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    LOL, I know I have the same problem. Shit falling out of the cart on the way to check out. We will go there when we really need to stock up on shit.
    Here is the movie that I wanted to share with you about Russian history and a man, Admiral, by the name of Alexander Kolchak, who stood up to the Soviet Machine and got killed in the process
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Kolchak





    at the bottom right corner hit a little wheel and select Subtitles

  17. #52
    MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-08-10
    Posts: 8,810
    Betpoints: 7185

    But, But, But, Wait?!?!?!?

    Didn't we "Fight For $15"?!?!?!


  18. #53
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Here is the movie that I wanted to share with you about Russian history and a man, Admiral, by the name of Alexander Kolchak, who stood up to the Soviet Machine and got killed in the process
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Kolchak





    at the bottom right corner hit a little wheel and select Subtitles
    Thanks man. I will check it out.

  19. #54
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    Really? That's not showing much confidence in this great Trump economy.
    It's actually the opposite LOL. I think rates are headed up because of better than expected economic activity.

  20. #55
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    It's actually the opposite LOL. I think rates are headed up because of better than expected economic activity.
    Well from what I hear. That's what the smart guys do when they think the market is going to crash. Buy bonds, because the government can always print the money.

  21. #56
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    Well from what I hear. That's what the smart guys do when they think the market is going to crash. Buy bonds, because the government can always print the money.
    If I was 30 I'd be 70-30 in stocks and just ride out the valleys.

    Bonds go down in value as rates rise hence shorter maturities is the play right now.

    There is some global weakness right now. We will work through it. If we could get our political house in order we could get to 4% wage & GDP growth. That's the real Green Plan that we need.

  22. #57
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    If I was 30 I'd be 70-30 in stocks and just ride out the valleys.

    Bonds go down in value as rates rise hence shorter maturities is the play right now.

    There is some global weakness right now. We will work through it. If we could get our political house in order we could get to 4% wage & GDP growth. That's the real Green Plan that we need.
    Yet the bonds are safe. But your basing it on your age, not what you think the market will do.

    Lets just say the big money is bracing for impact, the smart guys are cutting back on investing in the market. If anyone knows something is coming its them.

  23. #58
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    Yet the bonds are safe. But your basing it on your age, not what you think the market will do.

    Lets just say the big money is bracing for impact, the smart guys are cutting back on investing in the market. If anyone knows something is coming its them.
    Something is ALWAYS coming. Recessions are unavoidable. Investors are ever so slightly worried about a leftist takeover and 70% taxes. Even the talk of such possibility hurts what someone will value an asset.

    On the other side of the coin if we could ever get our political house in order including trade deals and illegal immigration you could see the market double quite easily. If and when it becomes clear there will be no leftist uprising you will see another powerful up move for stocks and a down move for bonds.

  24. #59
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Something is ALWAYS coming. Recessions are unavoidable. Investors are ever so slightly worried about a leftist takeover and 70% taxes. Even the talk of such possibility hurts what someone will value an asset.

    On the other side of the coin if we could ever get our political house in order including trade deals and illegal immigration you could see the market double quite easily. If and when it becomes clear there will be no leftist uprising you will see another powerful up move for stocks and a down move for bonds.
    If the shit house goes up in flames it will from polices pasted. Not the polices yet to come.

  25. #60
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    If the shit house goes up in flames it will from polices pasted. Not the polices yet to come.
    They always fluctuate. 7 weeks ago their were many brain dead selling everything because we were in a bear market. 7 weeks later we are near all time highs.

    We are farrrrrr better off than we have been since 9/11. Lot of jobs openings, wages really picking up steam, strong investment, sales increases, ect/ We need to keep pressing forward for 4%.

  26. #61
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    They always fluctuate. 7 weeks ago their were many brain dead selling everything because we were in a bear market. 7 weeks later we are near all time highs.

    We are farrrrrr better off than we have been since 9/11. Lot of jobs openings, wages really picking up steam, strong investment, sales increases, ect/ We need to keep pressing forward for 4%.
    Well bros. if your life depends on it. Just keep increasing those bonds, the BIG ONE is coming.

    Hate to have to sell the kitty to eat.

  27. #62
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    Well bros. if your life depends on it. Just keep increasing those bonds, the BIG ONE is coming.

    Hate to have to sell the kitty to eat.
    You mean like the 30's when the Dow was 130 or maybe like the 80's when the Dow was 2100 or maybe you are thinking more recent when the Dow was 22,000?

    Do you see a pattern? Those are valleys and great buying opportunities.

    A broken clock is right twice a day and you will be proven right too...eventually. But absent some leftist inspired meltdown we are going to go up and down and end up higher than we started.

  28. #63
    khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-06
    Posts: 42,218
    Betpoints: 16732

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    You mean like the 30's when the Dow was 130 or maybe like the 80's when the Dow was 2100 or maybe you are thinking more recent when the Dow was 22,000?

    Do you see a pattern? Those are valleys and great buying opportunities.

    A broken clock is right twice a day and you will be proven right too...eventually. But absent some leftist inspired meltdown we are going to go up and down and end up higher than we started.
    We will see when the time comes to inflict pain on people. You can't predict the future anymore than I can.

  29. #64
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    We will see when the time comes to inflict pain on people. You can't predict the future anymore than I can.
    True. I can only recite the past 80 years of history through tard and patriot.

    IF tards win in a landslide and the hicks plan becomes even a partial reality I could see a collapse as money flees before it can be taken. But absent that scenario it will be choppy and biz as usual.

  30. #65
    dustyy
    dustyy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-08-17
    Posts: 2,387
    Betpoints: 4683

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    It's actually the opposite LOL. I think rates are headed up because of better than expected economic activity.
    I believe we have seen the last of the rate hikes for awhile. The last rate hike was premature and I believe people are falling for the rate hike trap. Feel free to bump this at a later time but you may very well see the fed make a move downward before they hike. 2019 should be a fairly quiet year for short term rates in either direction, if at all

  31. #66
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 37,074
    Betpoints: 8314

    Quote Originally Posted by dustyy View Post
    I believe we have seen the last of the rate hikes for awhile. The last rate hike was premature and I believe people are falling for the rate hike trap. Feel free to bump this at a later time but you may very well see the fed make a move downward before they hike. 2019 should be a fairly quiet year for short term rates in either direction, if at all
    The trigger happy Fed caused a lot of pain in the 4th qtr of '18 and yes I agree with your points. But I think they will be tame only because they saw what they did in Q4 and will be hesitant in '19. We will DEFINITELY get one hike in '19.

    The current wage growth is going to show up slightly in the inflation numbers in late '19. The Fed does not want to raise rates next year in a potus election year.

First 12
Top