DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1364

The purge

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 398

If this keeps up, big red wave in November.
    Dems got a lot of damage control ahead of them.

They ban the token nut job on the right, and not anybody that matters.
    All this does is energize the right.

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3569

Blue wave!

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1934

Alex Jones deserves to be banned everywhere. I donít blame these companies for not wanting his nonsense on their sites. People will end up filing lawsuits against YouTube and Facebook for letting this lunatic spread hate. His idiot supporters actually harassed families of sandy hook victims. Disgraceful.

vitterd

Alex Jones is entertainment. People actually believe him and heís doing it knowing heís lying. The guy actually canít believe he has this many stupid followers. These conspiracy people are the dipshit Brooksy and Sheriff Joe(rx) that are mentally ill and need real help from trained professionals.

rkelly110

Dumbdwight is purging a brooksy.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post

I could give a shit about Alex Jones. The video says it all.

DwightShrute

DwightShrute

West Hollywood City council unanimously passes resolution asking the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to remove the Donald Trump star on Hollywood Walk of Fame.

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    West Hollywood City council unanimously passes resolution asking the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to remove the Donald Trump star on Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Great idea.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Great idea.
    I have no problem with. I wouldn't want my name next to pedos, rapists and the the shithole hollywood has become.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33

I couldn't watch the whole thing, that fuking clown & all the cuts in the vid were driving me crazy. But I do agree that Jones should not have been kicked out. If they can give Jones the boot, they will do the same thing to the left.

All the more reason to break up the big tech companies. To much say in what is allowed to be heard. That's not free speech, that's not America. But Jones is a scumbag.

vitterd

I have no problem with. I wouldn't want my name next to pedos, rapists and the the shithole hollywood has become.
    Donnie is used being around it....he meets with republicans in Congress a lot.

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    I couldn't watch the whole thing, that fuking clown & all the cuts in the vid were driving me crazy. But I do agree that Jones should not have been kicked out. If they can give Jones the boot, they will do the same thing to the left.

All the more reason to break up the big tech companies. To much say in what is allowed to be heard. That's not free speech, that's not America. But Jones is a scumbag.
    Not really a free speech issue. These companies can decide if they donít want some nutjob on their sites. Itís just like the old you canít yell fire in a crowded theater and claim free speech.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4537

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post

The left has really mucked up the midterms.

All they had to do was nothing.

Instead they have veered left and declared war on regular working people who would have been fine staying home on election day.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/09/2018

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/21/2005

rkelly110

West hollywood has finally "purged" trump. Good idea.

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    The left has really mucked up the midterms.

All they had to do was nothing.

Instead they have veered left and declared war on regular working people who would have been fine staying home on election day.
    Where do you come up with this nonsense? Is this like the fake war on Christmas?

khicks26

Not really a free speech issue. These companies can decide if they don’t want some nutjob on their sites. It’s just like the old you can’t yell fire in a crowded theater and claim free speech.
    I get all that. But what gives these companies the right to be the gatekeepers of something that was paid for by taxpayer money. Jones is an asshole & I won't miss him one bit. But if they can do it to Jones they can do it to anyone. Time to break up these tech giants.

RoyBacon

I get all that. But what gives these companies the right to be the gatekeepers of something that was paid for by taxpayer money. Jones is an asshole & I won't miss him one bit. But if they can do it to Jones they can do it to anyone. Time to break up these tech giants.
    I'm fine with it.

It's like the fake news CNN and MSNBC. All that happened was they sent a competitor soaring(Fox).

Fox or someone will come out with a platform that does not censor the right and just like TV they will all migrate to it. Let the free market settle the issue.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

vitterd

Because if one these Alex Jones nuts goes off the wall....they will get sued as well. If you have a company, do you wanna put your name and rep behind him? There are rules for this stuff....his followers are harassing sandy hook victim parents. Free speech doesnít mean freedom of consequence. His crazy followers donít know heís just doing this stuff for entertainment.....they actually believe him and that could cause trouble and they donít want any liability.
    Last edited by vitterd; 08-07-18 at 07:22 PM.

khicks26

Because if one these Alex Jones nuts goes off the wall....they will get sued as well. If you have a company, do you wanna put your name and rep behind him? There are rules for this stuff....his followers are harassing sandy hook victim parents. Free speech doesn’t mean freedom of consequence. His crazy followers don’t know he’s just doing this stuff for entertainment.....they actually believe him and that could cause trouble and they don’t want any liability.
    I know Jones is awful, hate defending him. We have always had nutcases among us. Jones is not the first of his kind. Just don't think you want to go down this censorship road. Could backfire on the rest of us.

Charles Edward Coughlin (/ˈkɒɡlɪn/ KOG-lin; October 25, 1891 – October 27, 1979), was a controversial Canadian-American Roman Catholic priest based in the United States near Detroit at Royal Oak, Michigan's National Shrine of the Little Flower church. Commonly known as Father Coughlin, he was one of the first political leaders to use radio to reach a mass audience, as up to thirty million listeners tuned to his weekly broadcasts during the 1930s. He was forced off the air in 1939.Early in his radio career, Coughlin was a vocal supporter of Franklin D. Roosevelt and his New Deal. By 1934 he had become a harsh critic of Roosevelt, accusing him of being too friendly to bankers. In 1934 he established a new political organization called the National Union for Social Justice. He issued a platform calling for monetary reforms, the nationalization of major industries and railroads, and protection of the rights of labor. The membership ran into the millions, but it was not well-organized at the local level.[1]After hinting at attacks on Jewish bankers, Coughlin began to use his radio program to issue antisemitic commentary. In the late 1930s, he supported some of the fascist policies of Adolf Hitler and of Benito Mussolini, and of Emperor Hirohito of Japan. The broadcasts have been called "a variation of the Fascist agenda applied to American culture".[2] His chief topics were political and economic rather than religious, with his slogan being "Social Justice", initially in support of, and later opposing, the New Deal. Many American bishops as well as the Vatican wanted him silenced. After the outbreak of World War II in Europe in 1939, the Roosevelt administration finally forced the cancellation of his radio program and forbade the dissemination through the mail of his newspaper, Social Justice.
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave khicks26 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5307

What a whiny little bitch.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2018

175 pts

3-QUESTION

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

vitterd

Khicks:

I would argue that itís not censorship. I would also argue that free speech is not what we think it is. It doesnít given you the right to say whatever you want....there are still rules. You can still be sued for libel and defamatory comments....youíre not free to say whatever you like. These companies are doing this to protect themselves from monster lawsuits.

Letís face it....these Alex Jones followers are completely nuts....they are in need of medical help....they have no idea that Alex Jones doesnít believe what heís saying....they think him and this Q guy are telling them truths. Itís dangerous and needs to be shut down. Itís like allowing terrorists to take over the Internet

khicks26

Khicks:

I would argue that it’s not censorship. I would also argue that free speech is not what we think it is. It doesn’t given you the right to say whatever you want....there are still rules. You can still be sued for libel and defamatory comments....you’re not free to say whatever you like. These companies are doing this to protect themselves from monster lawsuits.

Let’s face it....these Alex Jones followers are completely nuts....they are in need of medical help....they have no idea that Alex Jones doesn’t believe what he’s saying....they think him and this Q guy are telling them truths. It’s dangerous and needs to be shut down. It’s like allowing terrorists to take over the Internet
    I have no problem with the Jones BS being settled in a court of law or in the court of public opinion. I just don't want facebook, twitter, google or YouTube telling me what I can & can not see.

Our problems run deeper than Alex Jones, its what makes a guy like Jones popular.
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave khicks26 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

vitterd

I have no problem with the Jones BS being settled in a court of law or in the court of public opinion. I just don't want facebook, twitter, google or YouTube telling me what I can & can not see.

Our problems run deeper than Alex Jones, its what makes a guy like Jones popular.
    They have to protect themselves. When one of those Alex Jones nuts goes and shoots up a pizza place because he says they have a pedo ring going on there....the nut will say ď I saw it on YouTubeĒ.....then YouTube will be dragged into court....they have the right to block content like that and should do it.

They arenít telling you what you can see....youíre a normal stable guy....these far right wingers that listen to Alex Jones...are not. Facebook and YouTube have the right to limit the content that could lead to criminal behavior.

RoyBacon

They have to protect themselves. When one of those Alex Jones nuts goes and shoots up a pizza place because he says they have a pedo ring going on there....the nut will say “ I saw it on YouTube”.....then YouTube will be dragged into court....they have the right to block content like that and should do it.

They aren’t telling you what you can see....you’re a normal stable guy....these far right wingers that listen to Alex Jones...are not. Facebook and YouTube have the right to limit the content that could lead to criminal behavior.
    But Antifa is free to use the same platform to organize violence?

I really don't care. Fox News was godchild of CNN's inability to broadcast real news. Platforms that censor will open the door to one that doesn't.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    But Antifa is free to use the same platform to organize violence?

I really don't care. Fox News was godchild of CNN's inability to broadcast real news. Platforms that censor will open the door to one that doesn't.
    Please just refer to them as Fox.....adding news is silly. Itís really Trump Tv network. Have you ever seen bigger idiots than those on fox and friends? Seriously, they are retarded.

PAULYPOKER
    Six Hundred and Sixty Six.....
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol,,,,,,

Alex Phonesy along with his braindead followers need to be banned from planet Earth.......

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Lol,,,,,,

Alex Phonesy along with his braindead followers need to be banned from planet Earth.......
    We lost you some time ago now. Too bad. You used to be one of the good ones. Hope you make it back someday.

Btw, I don't like Alex Jones either.

khicks26

They have to protect themselves. When one of those Alex Jones nuts goes and shoots up a pizza place because he says they have a pedo ring going on there....the nut will say “ I saw it on YouTube”.....then YouTube will be dragged into court....they have the right to block content like that and should do it.

They aren’t telling you what you can see....you’re a normal stable guy....these far right wingers that listen to Alex Jones...are not. Facebook and YouTube have the right to limit the content that could lead to criminal behavior.
    I get all that bros. But were do they draw the line. You post something they don't like, hurts their bottom line, or makes a bunch of right wings complain. You maybe banned yourself.

These companies have to much control. of something that everyone needs & uses.

Let me put it this way. Some will read the National Enquirer & think its real. Some will just laugh at it. So do we ban the National Enquirer?

DwightShrute

I get all that bros. But were do they draw the line. You post something they don't like, hurts their bottom line, or makes a bunch of right wings complain. You maybe banned yourself.

Let me put it this way. Some will read the National Enquirer & think its real. Some will just laugh at it. So do we ban the National Enquirer?

PAULYPOKER
    Six Hundred and Sixty Six.....
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

No Dwhight,we lost you to Trump.............

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    No Dwhight,we lost you to Trump.............

vitterd

Do you know how much the National enquirer gets sued? Itís about libel and truth. These companies donít wanna lose their ass and they have every right to control their content.

1234 ... Last