chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Tesla baby

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Pot Stocks for 4/20 short squeeze: SNDL, OGI, CRON.
    I bought Total and CXV today. Had a long talk with my energy guru who is a big wig in Total. I hate chasing at these high prices but demand will run ahead of supply for a good long while.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Tesla baby
    Boom! I finally jumped back in two weeks ago in the 630s
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave homie1975 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I don't know about the boom guys. Sure in the short term things have been on a melt up and I have been riding the UPRO on the way up as the overall market just sleep walks up the hill. I would caution that the IWM and SMH are not really participating in the rallies for the SPY and QQQ. This tells me that small to midcaps are shit, and semiconductors aren't running either so the big tech is doing all the heavy lifting again.

With the market dismissal of the JNJ news yesterday like its nothing has too much of a euphoric vibe to it and that tells me we are ripe for a blow off here. So enjoy the move up for the time being. I'm sticking buy my original call of a pullback in May. I thought I was wrong when it almost happened in February, but it is looking more like May to me. Of course I can be wrong so let the chart tell you which way the wind is blowing.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

What do we think of coinbase 250 seems overrated to me

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    It will double to $500. It's not trading yet. I was going to buy 500 shares at the market at the open but no one is taking orders yet. Kind of like going to Vegas.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Sold next week's SNDL 1.00 put for .12

scorpion896
    scorpion896's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2352

Not bad Tesla, not bad.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post

you mean 336

RoyBacon

I bought COIN for $350. Small.

Coin is like Google. Huge market, they are wayyyy ahead of everyone. Put an order in GTC at $255. You'll get it.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    I bought COIN for $350. Small.

Coin is like Google. Huge market, they are wayyyy ahead of everyone. Put an order in GTC at $255. You'll get it.

ROYer, I also bought in small at 336

let the fugger dip down ~25% and i'll add to the position and average-down on this bytch into the 100's and maybe (gulp) lower if i need to.

i'll then see where i'm at in 2025 - yes 2025.

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    ROYer, I also bought in small at 336

let the fugger dip down ~25% and i'll add to the position and average-down on this bytch into the 100's and maybe (gulp) lower if i need to.

i'll then see where i'm at in 2025 - yes 2025.
    Look at any of these cutting edge IPO's. How about Facebook? It came out at $60ish shot up and then faded to $19. Of course COIN ain't worth $85 billion. A forward PE of like 1,000. LOL. But COIN is the AMZN of crypto both here and internationally.

It would not shock me to see this one challenge $150. But in 2025 it will be over $1000.

homie1975

Look at any of these cutting edge IPO's. How about Facebook? It came out at $60ish shot up and then faded to $19. Of course COIN ain't worth $85 billion. A forward PE of like 1,000. LOL. But COIN is the AMZN of crypto both here and internationally.

It would not shock me to see this one challenge $150. But in 2025 it will be over $1000.
    in the mid 300's it's about 12-15x sales right? compare to SNOW which in the 200's is 100x sales.

Gimme COIN

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Don't buy coin in the 300s. Wait for crypto to crash, then buy it. Crypto will crash, you're clownin if you don't think it will.

RoyBacon

COIN correlation with BTC's price will eventually separate. Key word being "eventually". Goat's right. COIN will sink and rise with BTC's price temporarily.

But longer term, COIN's value is really not dependent on BTC's price.

homie1975

COIN correlation with BTC's price will eventually separate. Key word being "eventually". Goat's right. COIN will sink and rise with BTC's price temporarily.

But longer term, COIN's value is really not dependent on BTC's price.
    I agree. it will be dependent on how many total users it has, volume levels, crypto offerings in terms of how many the users have access to, etc.

scorpion896
    scorpion896's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2352

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Don't buy coin in the 300s. Wait for crypto to crash, then buy it. Crypto will crash, you're clownin if you don't think it will.
    Lol this guy. People have been saying that for 2 years now.

Will it crash at some point? Probably, but y'all have been wrong 500 times already.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion896 View Post

Will it crash at some point? Probably, but y'all have been wrong 500 times already.
    Yup. Same statements ppl make are applicable to the stock market. While trying to predict a collapse they're missing huge rides upwards.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Reconnaissance Africa (RECAF) has proven a working hydrocarbon system within their first well in the Kavango Basin, Namibia.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion896 View Post

What do you mean? Crypto all crashed hard several months back.

Bitcoin is sitting at nearly 65 grand, if it goes down to 45 grand, that is a huge loss, and COIN will sink with it, I guarantee you.

You're saying that bitcoin basically is never going to go down. It's just like any other stock. No different. Stocks can't only go up. Cyrpto can't only go up.

Bitcoin has crashed plenty of times in the last 2 years. Look at the chart. We're not talking 5% dips. We're talking 300% losses

whydubya
    whydubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8399

Growth stocks getting annihilated lately

Goat Milk

Penny stocks are the next sector to run. Probably everything under 5 bucks. Those have all been absolutely hammered.

segu
    segu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

next part is trade

Snowball

If you have ever thought of buying a pot stock (major listed only)
    then today is THE DAY to buy.

All week the market makers have been sucking them lower by programming to approach their
    200 MA's artificially. This morning it started HARD again, I'm talking big moves on NO VOLUME
    which can only be done with software (it can be done with humans as it was in the past But I KNOW
    that is no longer the case) - how do I know ? Because for TWO WEEKS the whole sector has been trading
    by the minute in LOCK STEP - different stocks all making the same chart shapes EXACTLY - see the 200 MA's
    almost there for most of them - When the big positive news hits on cannabis BANKING in the US these stocks
    are going to make ATH's. TODAY is the DAY. BUY.
    I am on OGI SNDL and soon CRON.

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    If you have ever thought of buying a pot stock (major listed only)
    then today is THE DAY to buy.

All week the market makers have been sucking them lower by programming to approach their
    200 MA's artificially. This morning it started HARD again, I'm talking big moves on NO VOLUME
    which can only be done with software (it can be done with humans as it was in the past But I KNOW
    that is no longer the case) - how do I know ? Because for TWO WEEKS the whole sector has been trading
    by the minute in LOCK STEP - different stocks all making the same chart shapes EXACTLY - see the 200 MA's
    almost there for most of them - When the big positive news hits on cannabis BANKING in the US these stocks
    are going to make ATH's. TODAY is the DAY. BUY.
    I am on OGI SNDL and soon CRON.
    Short them. They are all SELLS imo. Buy gold, oil and COIN. Much easier money.

teecee

Quote Originally Posted by whydubya View Post
    Growth stocks getting annihilated lately
    Not RECAF. It has exploded. $9,000 in paper gains in a day and a half of trading.

teecee

My wife wants me to sell. Pfft

Snowball

Short them. They are all SELLS imo. Buy gold, oil and COIN. Much easier money.

you aren't going to short OGI at 2.50 or SNDL at 85 cents.
    I know you won't.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10345

Stop chasing water falls...just buy Tesla Sea Limited Palantir Bitcoin and Ethereum and go to sleep....wake up in 10 years more wealthy than you would’ve ever imagined.

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 49715

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Stop chasing water falls...just buy Tesla Sea Limited Palantir Bitcoin and Ethereum and go to sleep....wake up in 10 years more wealthy than you would’ve ever imagined.
    TRob, Please talk to us about your belief in PLTR. not asking to be spoonfed about the entire co and stock, but just why you see it as a difference maker / disruptor. always enjoy reading your thoughts. TIA

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

OK so the last swing trade I put up on the board ended up being a loser technically although I still like the XLF to be on the way down more than up and will probably jump back in that short play pretty soon. I thought the banks reporting last week would send the XLF soaring and with Goldman Stacks almost doubling estimates along with others knocking the cover off the ball, it probably should of happened but it didn't. Yeah it reached and I mean barely got above the high of $35.29 to end the week at $35.40 when it really should have been a catalyst for even bigger gains all across the market but wasn't.

Anyway, I'll take my $-232.50 loss against a half position of $5187 or -4.48% for now and will be back soon to try again I'm sure.

On Friday I jumped in and started to short the IWM. Well not the actual IWM, I bought the TZA (45 @ $32.06) near the close or the 3X leverage short ETF of the IWM which is the small to mid cap stocks. This sector hasn't really been participating in the rally lately and I've been watching the monthly chart for the setup and I think now is the time to start building the short play.

So in the interest of full disclosure and transparency here is my case for this longer term (3 - 6 months), probably.

Lets start with the SPY 3 Month Daily chart.

OK, so the SPY was bumping up against the 394 level for a couple of tries before bouncing off the top of a support line and taking off with barely a down day in the last 3 weeks. Now the stochastics are pinned in the overbought condition and the MACD is getting up there as well. My own proprietary momentum meter is at about the "7" level out of "10" which is the highest level of momentum possible and this has been trending down slightly over the last few days. As a cause of all of this hype and exuberance, the distance between the price and the 20 day moving average is now pretty far apart. The only real worry here is the volume ticking up to just around average. Actually I think the volume up tick is from the selling that came into the market over the last 20 minutes of trading on Friday.

Now onto the IWM 3 Month Daily chart.

So for the last 3 months the IWM has been hanging out around the resistance level of 227-228 level. It really can't get going above this level for very long before turning and dipping below. As a result the 9, 20, and 50 day moving average are pretty much at the same level as well. The stochastics are starting to enter the overbought condition, and the MACD while still not sky high, it is still getting up there.

Now lets take a look at the 3 year Monthly chart of the IWM.

Ever since the cervesa sickness has hit the IWM has been on a rip on the monthly basis. As a result the stochastics are about as high as they get along with the MACD. Look how far away from the 20 period moving average the price is. The volume is on track to be around average, but look at last month and you can see that the selling volume has finally arrived here. Last month this chart tossed up an almost doji candle which is another indicator of a trend change. Speaking of trends, look at my trend-o-meter, it is almost pegged at .09. On the monthly chart, the value only goes up to 0.1. Don't worry about it that is just the way the number churn for this thing. It looks as though we finally hit a resistance level here. Usually when a stock hits resistance, it either bust right through which didn't happen here, or it hang around the resistance level gaining energy to bust through when the time is right, which still may be happening here, or it gets rejected and heads back to the 20 period moving average. I'm in the camp of either hanging around doing nothing for the next couple of months waiting for the moving average to come up to meet the price, or the price going back down to meet the moving average. I'll be picking up some more short shares here as the market unfolds in the coming month or so.
    Last edited by Slurry Pumper; 04-17-21 at 06:55 PM.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    TRob, Please talk to us about your belief in PLTR. not asking to be spoonfed about the entire co and stock, but just why you see it as a difference maker / disruptor. always enjoy reading your thoughts. TIA
    Besides crypto and blockchain, the largest addressable market over the next 10-20 years is in artificial intelligence. Our entire lives are already mostly driven by AI, as evidence of social media driven algorithms enticing large groups of people to do really dumb things. I’ll leave it at that. But not only with advertising, but with research and development models. What previously required years of research by human input into computers, can now be performed exponentially by software neural networks.

I’ll use medicine as an example. If I observe XYZ chemical has properties that can kill an ant, and I wanted to find a way to to test if this chemical kill specific cells, the type of molecules within the cell, the conformational structure of the protein it kills and how it binds...these are questions which would normally take years to decades of human labor and costs to find the answer...to come up with a suitable pharmaceutical drug.
    Artificial intelligence/Deep learning can eliminate years and massive amounts of money to find the answers, because an appropriately developed neural network can find solutions exponentially.

there’s a lot of secrecy behind Palantir and their software, but, when you boil it down it common knowledge they have acquired the top minds in the world to work there and have found a way to develop neural networking platforms to find solutions to any problem set a government agency or business could ask. IBM, Salesforce, Oracle...none of them hold a candle to PLTR and they know it, the US government knows it...that’s why they keep them close. The country who masters AI will rule the world, it’s as simple as that.

Right now the only limitations for Palantir are its B2B model and scalability. But I think if you look at Palantir as a business, it’s potentially Lockheed Martin and Salesforce rolled into one.

trobin31

Weight Watchers; WW, I like the macroeconomic and chart setup here for a swing trade. People have been sitting around stuffing their faces watching the Tiger King. It looks ready to consolidate here after a nice run in early March. It’s not an extended or speculative play and valuation is reasonable.

if you like this thesis Planet Fitness is another alternative play.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9424

FINRA released margin debt data today, up 71.6128% YoY, the highest since early 2000. This is only the 5th time since 1959 that margin debt has been up over 60% YoY, and in all previous instances, the Nasdaq has fallen over 30% within 13 months.

First ... 275276277278279280281 ... Last