Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3768

Its going to be a stock picker and sector pickers market now.

The easy times of broad indexes rising all together are completely over.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Nothing like losing 13% in two days.

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 49715

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11005

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Nothing like losing 13% in two days.
    just a snapshot in time of Unrealized Gains right? human emotions taking over.

those of us who do Not sell and even in some cases average down if we see it fight, will win out (like always).

I am not going anywhere, and will pick spots to avg down and to open new positions for great companies on sale !!

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8790

SPY low at 380.20, is inline with my earlier stated pivot of 380.50. Now looking for an exit point hopefully around the 385 or higher after the market floats around all day.

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO

Before the bell tomorrow:

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    SPY low at 380.20, is inline with my earlier stated pivot of 380.50. Now looking for an exit point hopefully around the 385 or higher after the market floats around all day.
    Pretty much nailed it today. Got out at 385.50, then bought back again and 384 before exiting at 388 going into the close.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10278

went shopping

Crypto:
    BTC@44k
    ETH@1.4k
    VGX@4.4
    GRT@1.5

Stonks:
    TSLA@670
    SENS 5c exp July
    U@108
    TDOC@244
    LMND@122
    BNGO@9
    NNDM@10

New Entry: CMIIU@12.3--> SPAC (share +warrant) at NAV

Energy and Banks printing money so far....I think Industrials and consumer goods are on deck....

pretty bullish on all 4 these sectors this year but I do not like to trade them so I got OTM call in Jan as follows....
    JPM 200c Jan 2022
    XOM 70c Jan 2022
    X 35c Jan 2022
    M 32c Jan 2022

May be a rinse/repeat kind of year for these sectors while the hypergrowth/tech foam rises to the top and the phonies drift away.

whydubya
    whydubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8399

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    went shopping

Crypto:
    BTC@44k
    ETH@1.4k
    VGX@4.4
    GRT@1.5

Stonks:
    TSLA@670
    SENS 5c exp July
    U@108
    TDOC@244
    LMND@122
    BNGO@9
    NNDM@10

New Entry: CMIIU@12.3--> SPAC (share +warrant) at NAV

Energy and Banks printing money so far....I think Industrials and consumer goods are on deck....

pretty bullish on all 4 these sectors this year but I do not like to trade them so I got OTM call in Jan as follows....
    JPM 200c Jan 2022
    XOM 70c Jan 2022
    X 35c Jan 2022
    M 32c Jan 2022

May be a rinse/repeat kind of year for these sectors while the hypergrowth/tech foam rises to the top and the phonies drift away.
    how much cash do you tend to hold on hand at any one point? I tend to chew up my liquidity as soon as I have some, which obviously disadvantages me from buying opportune dips

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    just a snapshot in time of Unrealized Gains right? human emotions taking over.

those of us who do Not sell and even in some cases average down if we see it fight, will win out (like always).

I am not going anywhere, and will pick spots to avg down and to open new positions for great companies on sale !!
    I hear you but have if I lose 15% under any stock beside amc ...I shit can it. Bought 100 more share of cciv and amc. I was at 8 a share before buying more.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by whydubya View Post
    how much cash do you tend to hold on hand at any one point? I tend to chew up my liquidity as soon as I have some, which obviously disadvantages me from buying opportune dips
    Cashed out bit coin last week. 5000 one week and 29000 the next. All but 2500 are long term gains. Lite coin I held for 5 yrs. ether was 3.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Dang, my TD account down 56K at 10:15 AM, ended the day -5263.00...Im happy as a pig in shyt..

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by whydubya View Post
    You bring up an interesting point. I'm sure you will find a variety of market players on this site with very different styles. As for myself, I pretty much have long term holdings in Gold, Gold Miners, Silver, and Propane that will be a total value of around $25K. Then I have another $5K or so in what I like to call speculation like Fish growing and Women's wipe on birth control. This all represents about 10% of my total cash value that I can extract 1 day when I want to start a forest fire in my backyard. The margin then goes to about 4 times that of the cash out value. I think the trading platforms give out way to much margin but then again when the trade is free all you have is market maker manipulations and margin interest to go on now a days. Well that and options, which I don't play but probably should. So on a daily basis, I will deploy about $75K on morning gap trades that are meant for a quick 1 to 2% gain in an hour or so. Then I also track the SPY and will deploy chunks of cash usually about $40K at a time playing the SPY inflection points with UPRO and SPXU. By the end of the day however, I usually sell or buy back all my shares to just have my long term holding worth about $30K.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

You bring up an interesting point. I'm sure you will find a variety of market players on this site with very different styles. As for myself, I pretty much have long term holdings in Gold, Gold Miners, Silver, and Propane that will be a total value of around $25K. Then I have another $5K or so in what I like to call speculation like Fish growing and Women's wipe on birth control. This all represents about 10% of my total cash value that I can extract 1 day when I want to start a forest fire in my backyard. The margin then goes to about 4 times that of the cash out value. I think the trading platforms give out way to much margin but then again when the trade is free all you have is market maker manipulations and margin interest to go on now a days. Well that and options, which I don't play but probably should. So on a daily basis, I will deploy about $75K on morning gap trades that are meant for a quick 1 to 2% gain in an hour or so. Then I also track the SPY and will deploy chunks of cash usually about $40K at a time playing the SPY inflection points with UPRO and SPXU. By the end of the day however, I usually sell or buy back all my shares to just have my long term holding worth about $30K.
    Your tax returns must be 1,000 pages long.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    Dang, my TD account down 56K at 10:15 AM, ended the day -5263.00...Im happy as a pig in shyt..
    Phukk yea !!

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9340

Looks like the market may have put in a top last week. We will see if turn around Tuesday comes through today. I think the SPY will probably run down to the 20 DMA and bounce somewhat. As I am looking at the futures right now, the SPY is already there, so expect a bounce right outta da gate, if not, watch for some more selling down to about 380.50, and then perhaps 370 on a good push. I'll be a buyer at those levels with a keen eye out for selling resistance. How much of a bounce determined by the buy the dip crowd. Just like last time the SPY will need to move above last weeks high of 394.17 to get me out of the top is in camp which will put 400 back on track. In fact if the SPY gets up to the 394 neighborhood, I'll be hitting the short button until I'm proven wrong with a break out.
    It might have put in a short term top, but I think it might end up putting in a multi-year top later this year...

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Holy shit

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Yeah we'll see how that goes here pretty soon. This is my first year using this technique so I do expect a lengthy list of short term holdings as on average I buy about 3 to 4 stocks a day, and also buy either UPRO or SPXU another 5 times a day. Then when I sell later in the day, I step out with another 3 sales or so for every buy so my tax guy is going to shyt a brick when he sees that document download from TD Ameritrade. To make taxation worse, I think I pay a higher rate on day trades than longer term trades, and I don't get to mix losses from long term capital losses with short term gains. Not sure that is why I have a guy who does this stuff for me.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah we'll see how that goes here pretty soon. This is my first year using this technique so I do expect a lengthy list of short term holdings as on average I buy about 3 to 4 stocks a day, and also buy either UPRO or SPXU another 5 times a day. Then when I sell later in the day, I step out with another 3 sales or so for every buy so my tax guy is going to shyt a brick when he sees that document download from TD Ameritrade. To make taxation worse, I think I pay a higher rate on day trades than longer term trades, and I don't get to mix losses from long term capital losses with short term gains. Not sure that is why I have a guy who does this stuff for me.
    Correct. Short-term trading would just be ordinary income, like interest or wages. Long-term is cap gains tax rate (likely 15%). I suppose it's not that big of a deal, you actually should be able to just import from TD directly onto the tax return. I know you can do that with Turbo Tax, but then again I'd think it should still be reviewed carefully for accuracy. I use TD also and just enter from that from by hand into TT, but then again I don't have that many trades.

trobin31

$ITRM, developed both an oral and Iv version of a carbapenem. this is a very potent class of antibiotics generally reserved for the sickest patients or patients who have previously grown very resistant bacteria. The catch here is...until this drug, when/if approved, would be the first available in oral formulation, which is huge, as these people requiring this drug either stay in hospital for weeks or need home IV infusion. I think it’s worth the risk to buy below $2
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/440...-is-make-break

***Pro Tip: trading and/or capping to “Knuck if you Buck” enhances your powers

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24811

Anybody hold F (Ford)?

*Wow. Have had it for a few years and been disappointed.

I didn't sell b/c I thought it was too low. Just held and forgot about it. Checked in, saw that it's made one hell of a recovery.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Anybody hold F (Ford)?

I didn't sell b/c I thought it was too low. Just held and forgot about it. Checked in, saw that it's made one hell of a recovery.
    Too many outstanding shares, unless they do a reverse split will never move

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3768

Game Stop crew trying a comeback
    new SEC chair confirmation in early March
    Charlie Munger complains
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=charlie+munger&t=ffsb&ia=web

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

More stocktwits people on tilt right now from this second meme run at one time than ever before... HA! Love it. Took some NAKD for afterhours fun.

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Anybody hold F (Ford)?

I have a huge position in Ford. I bought in May last year, I am very satisfied with it. I think it will continue to go up.

trobin31

I posted a thread about how to invest during COVID back in May 2020...I was gonna bump the thread...but instead...here’s the info you need now...

There is a very serious economic boom going on...picking a recovery stock and piling into it..now is the time...they are out there...just need to find...barbell approach is likely gonna get you through this year...pick a hotel, airline, retail, bank, oil/gas...cruise line ... Snowball is actually a really good follow for these type of stocks as I’m pretty sure he fought in WWII or Korea and knows these sectors ...but if you want to learn to fish...it has to be a good brand, good balance sheet...good value...that’s all..pretty simple..I have MGM, Spirit&AAL, Macy’s/JWN/ABEV, JPM/BAC, VET/DNOW/XOM, CCL...it’s painful and boring and I hate myself and want to sell everyday but if it makes money it’s all that matters...we are likely to experience a hyper-growth in these sectors all year due to increased earnings and lagging market price....the same overvaluation occurred in tech 2020 will likely occur in energy, travel, discretionary/consumer staples , industrial, finance...it’s just common sense...less virus means more normal life...more spending on stuff you don’t need...more credit debt....so just pick something and go with it to keep green...you don’t have to marry it, but rest assured 2021 will not be like 2020.As for tech...I am still insanely bullish on 5G/Alien space adventure tech, weed smoking, solar power and cord cutting, especially advertising, also BTC target remains +100k, ETH +10k, I like VGX $50, GRT $10...the bitcoin related stonks are leveraged so getting in while beaten down is good,,,I recently bought BTBT BFARF after riding MARA RIOT SOS XNET ARBKF to 5-10x gainz....now is time to get into those if you don’t like buying the crypto but want exposure

stepaside777
    stepaside777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5274

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    I posted a thread about how to invest during COVID back in May 2020...I was gonna bump the thread...but instead...here’s the info you need now...

There is a very serious economic boom going on...picking a recovery stock and piling into it..now is the time...they are out there...just need to find...barbell approach is likely gonna get you through this year...pick a hotel, airline, retail, bank, oil/gas...cruise line ... Snowball is actually a really good follow for these type of stocks as I’m pretty sure he fought in WWII or Korea and knows these sectors ...but if you want to learn to fish...it has to be a good brand, good balance sheet...good value...that’s all..pretty simple..I have MGM, Spirit&AAL, Macy’s/JWN/ABEV, JPM/BAC, VET/DNOW/XOM, CCL...it’s painful and boring and I hate myself and want to sell everyday but if it makes money it’s all that matters...we are likely to experience a hyper-growth in these sectors all year due to increased earnings and lagging market price....the same overvaluation occurred in tech 2020 will likely occur in energy, travel, discretionary/consumer staples , industrial, finance...it’s just common sense...less virus means more normal life...more spending on stuff you don’t need...more credit debt....so just pick something and go with it to keep green...you don’t have to marry it, but rest assured 2021 will not be like 2020.As for tech...I am still insanely bullish on 5G/Alien space adventure tech, weed smoking, solar power and cord cutting, especially advertising, also BTC target remains +100k, ETH +10k, I like VGX $50, GRT $10...the bitcoin related stonks are leveraged so getting in while beaten down is good,,,I recently bought BTBT BFARF after riding MARA RIOT SOS XNET ARBKF to 5-10x gainz....now is time to get into those if you don’t like buying the crypto but want exposure
    Been checking them stocks but most are around 50$ a share. What would you advice for someone with 1000£ to invest on ? VET looks like might grow 40% and is cheap to buy. Not sure about others

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13497

Redwood Materials

Privately held , unfortunately. Seems like the future to me.

RedwoodMaterials.com

Is Redwood Materials Stock on the Horizon? | Investment U

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

A whole lotta volatility lately for seemingly no reason, in both directions. Is the next move below 3,800 or above 3,950?

Slurry Pumper

The SPY is right about at that area 384.75 where it should turn back north.

Slurry Pumper

The SPY is right about at that area 384.75 where it should turn back north.
    Well that one got wiped off the map pretty quick. Lets try 380

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO

First ... 265266267268269270271 ... Last