PokerDeath
    PokerDeath's Avatar Become A Pro!

Combining Online Dating With Poker

A leading online dating site and Party Poker have partnered to host a 12 week long poker tournament. Knowing what most of us look like, this is a very gruesome image. Yikes. Think of what the offspring of these potential matches could look like. Party Poker has finally gone too damn far!
    Last edited by PokerDeath; 04-19-06 at 07:48 PM.

biggs
    biggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDeath
    A leading online dating site and Party Poker have partnered to host a 12 week long poker tournament. Knowing what most of us look like, this is a very gruesome image. Yikes. Think of what the offspring of these potential matches could look like. Party Poker has finally gone too damn far!
    your kidding right?

PokerDeath

About the dating service and Party holding a singles only tournament, no I'm not kidding, it's true. About the rest of it, of course I am.

biggs

that is funny

PokerDeath

Read all about it:

Online poker room Party Poker has teamed up with Internet dating service provider Lava Life to launch a singles-only poker tournament series aiming to have their members flush with hearts. Party Poker was inspired to team up with Lava Life for this venture after two of its players found more than just great poker action at the site's tables- they found love.

Gary Suffir and Jackie Johnson met last year at Party Poker, and this past March, the poker-playing pair went all-in for holy matrimony. Gary and Jackie's story showed the folks at Party Poker that the online poker table also served as a fun environment for guys and gals to meet each other. Thus, the partnership with Lava Life.

Party Poker and Lava Life's joint singles poker tournament series is open to singles who are members of both services. The Lava Life Poker Challenge is 12 weeks worth of knock-out format poker tournaments, culminating in a June 9th final championship. The 20 reigning players from each of the first 11 weeks will compete in the final championship for a range of prizes including a vacation for two to the Club Med Turkoise in the Turks & Caicos Islands, a 50-inch plasma screen TV, an X-BOX 360, iPODs, and gift certificates.

"Online poker has grown so much as a social activity in recent years," noted Warren Lush, spokesperson for PartyPoker.com. "This partnership with Lavalife which creates poker tournament tables exclusively for singles was an inevitable move for us."

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

just let me know when party starts "swingers tornaments" or cruises lol

biggs

Quote Originally Posted by scottyy11
    just let me know when party starts "swingers tornaments" or cruises lol
    im sure its in the works

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Sounds pretty lame, especially since 99% of poker players are guys. Even few of the prizes are date friendly. You've got a vacation for two, otherwise Ipods, TVs, X-Box, yeah those are loner items. I've rarely seen a more pathetic cross-promotion.

biggs

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00
    Sounds pretty lame, especially since 99% of poker players are guys.
    thats not true, there are WAY more females playing poker online than you think.....not sure of the % but it is a significant % that are female

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00
    Even few of the prizes are date friendly. You've got a vacation for two, otherwise Ipods, TVs, X-Box, yeah those are loner items. I've rarely seen a more pathetic cross-promotion.
    yes

agreed